Makers of Mountain Dew U2 Fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aslan

Babyface
I saw this at the store last night for the first time, and couldn't help but think of my favorite band in the world when I saw it... so I had to buy it and snap a picture to post! Anyone else thinking the same thing? :lol:

3977139335_ed1e75e88a.jpg

I saw this at the store last night for the first time, and couldn't help but think of my favorite band in the world when I saw it... so I had to buy it and snap a picture to post! Anyone else thinking the same thing? :lol:

Baby, baby, baby light my way.

:sexywink:

I love being a member of the uber-U2 geek squad. It's the first thing I thought when I saw the Mt. Dew and the only reason I'm going to try it.

I know Mt. Dew has nothing to do with U2, it just proves that U2 is ahead of its time--18 years ahead of its time.

Mark

Next you'll try to imply that Edge didn't invent the guitar.

Blasphemy.

Of course I also remember saying out loud to people that Edge should sue ford the first time I saw a commercial for that car the Edge. (Infringement AND defamation of character, that thing is damn ugly).

Surprisingly, ultraviolet was actually a term before U2 decided to title a song with it.

Main Entry: ul·tra·vi·o·let
Pronunciation: \ˌəl-trə-ˈvī-(ə-)lət\
Function: adjective
Date: 1840

1 : situated beyond the visible spectrum at its violet end —used of radiation having a wavelength shorter than wavelengths of visible light and longer than those of X-rays
2 : relating to, producing, or employing ultraviolet radiation

— ultraviolet noun

I wish there were a non-diet version... I'm not really a fan of diet soda. It's not bad though. I do love the name and I love the Dew™.

Currently Mountain Dew is coming up with new flavors and I'm part of their Labs community where I get to give my input ... we were to suggest names for a flavor ... I suggested Mountain Dew RIOT... inspired by the way Bono yells "RIOT!" in the Crazy Tonight remix :D

I wish U2 would do a Mountain Dew commercial. Everyone here would hate them for being sell-outs, but Dew™ and U2™ are two of my favourite things. So together they would be even more awesome and XTREME!! FUCK YEAH PARTY CHEETOS

If I squint hard enough, I see "ULTRAVIOLET LOVE" on that label.

Besides, that's clearly what it would have been back in '92, also.

I bought some of that last month (it was kinda gross), didn't think about the name! but I hope they didn't name it after the song, because as I said it was kinda gross. Maybe it would have been better if it wasn't diet.

Last edited:
I didn't think it was all that bad. If you don't like grape flavor, then you won't like the drink. It definitely has a strong grape flavor.

Back
Top Bottom