Life in 10 year increments - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life
 
david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: southern california
Posts: 10,278
Local Time: 01:04 PM
Life in 10 year increments

Doesn't if fuck with you?


I'm sitting here thinking about 1998.. and then I thought about people that might have went to this site in 1996 and thought about ten years prior, 1986..

I dunno. then my head started hurting.

PS.. alcohol and 80's songs made me post this...
__________________

david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 04:04 PM
Do you ever think about something, that came out ten years ago, but not initially think of it being ten years ago, and then go: shit, that was ten years ago! what the fuuuuuuuuck!

I do
__________________

~BrightestStar~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BrightestStar~ View Post
Do you ever think about something, that came out ten years ago, but not initially think of it being ten years ago, and then go: shit, that was ten years ago! what the fuuuuuuuuck!

I do
I loathe agreeing with you, but, yes. When I hear that something was released in 1998, I automatically think that it's still relatively new. Wrong.
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BrightestStar~ View Post
Do you ever think about something, that came out ten years ago, but not initially think of it being ten years ago, and then go: shit, that was ten years ago! what the fuuuuuuuuck!

I do
I don't know why, but Appetite for Destruction is sort of benchmark for me. That shit came out 21 years ago. You know what came out 21 years before Appetite? Pet Sounds, Revolver, Blonde on Blone....OLDIES! I'm fucking old! And I was, like, 12 when appetite came out.

David - it's odd you put this up here cause I was looking at picture from 10-15 years ago earlier today. Made me laugh like a sonofabitch to see me and my friends as we were then. Bunch of idiots. I was the "normal one." True story.
UberBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
Refugee
 
kingofsorrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: C.E.O. of the international men of leisure
Posts: 2,177
Local Time: 04:04 PM
ah the 10 yr itch.
kingofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
I don't know why, but Appetite for Destruction is sort of benchmark for me. That shit came out 21 years ago. You know what came out 21 years before Appetite? Pet Sounds, Revolver, Blonde on Blone....OLDIES! I'm fucking old! And I was, like, 12 when appetite came out.

David - it's odd you put this up here cause I was looking at picture from 10-15 years ago earlier today. Made me laugh like a sonofabitch to see me and my friends as we were then. Bunch of idiots. I was the "normal one." True story.
For some of us on this board, you know, the U2 fans, we think of The Joshua Tree coming out 21 years ago. You can fuck any thread up.
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #7
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
For some of us on this board, you know, the U2 fans, we think of The Joshua Tree coming out 21 years ago. You can fuck any thread up.
I have that album. Red Hill Mining Town for the win.
UberBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:25 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
When I hear that something was released in 1998, I automatically think that it's still relatively new. Wrong.
I think of albums/songs released anywhere in the 90's as being relatively new, and it does give me a start when I realise just how old they are.

And when really shocks the hell out of me is realising that in just under two years I will been out of high school and had my driver's license for 30 years. Damn.
indra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:29 PM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indra View Post
I think of albums/songs released anywhere in the 90's as being relatively new, and it does give me a start when I realise just how old they are.

And when really shocks the hell out of me is realising that in just under two years I will been out of high school and had my driver's license for 30 years. Damn.
My 20 year HS reunion is next month. Looking forward to seeing a decent amount of people, but, damn.
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:59 PM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier
 
MsPurrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Heartland (Indiana, USA)
Posts: 43,871
Local Time: 04:04 PM
I hear songs on an "oldies" radio station and think, "They *can't* be oldies--they were popular when I was young!"
__________________
MsPurrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
I hear songs on an "oldies" radio station and think, "They *can't* be oldies--they were popular when I was young!"
I know!!

indra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:05 PM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,735
Local Time: 04:04 PM
10 years ago seems like it was weeks ago. Maybe 6 months. Sigh.
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:39 AM   #13
Cin
Blue Crack Addict
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Posts: 21,900
Local Time: 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
I hear songs on an "oldies" radio station and think, "They *can't* be oldies--they were popular when I was young!"

they play Sweet Child o mine on the oldies. . . .

man oh man. 10 years ago seems like only 2 or 3
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:55 AM   #14
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,653
Local Time: 06:04 AM
'Oldies' for me is like Teenage Dirtbag, Who Let the Dogs Out
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:14 AM   #15
Cin
Blue Crack Addict
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Posts: 21,900
Local Time: 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
'Oldies' for me is like Teenage Dirtbag, Who Let the Dogs Out
bloody hell Dan.
oldies for me means the Beach Boys or even Dean Martin
__________________

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com