Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to process a delivery to Arthurs Seat a few weeks back, and it wouldn't let me type in Arthur's Seat. It is indeed a strange thing, the missing apostrophe.

wil anderson's farmer wants a...
...wife tweets.

he's an avid hater of one of the worst shows on TV, so he comes up with his own alternatives.

Or I suppose they could use one of their network stars to give it a new spin. How about Warnie Bangs A Farmers' Wife?

and other humourous ones.

Cameron Diaz and A-Rod are at the gym next to me. I can't wait for her to start feeding him popcorn-flavored steroids...

Mubarak to make speech to nation today. May not please everyone as he has hired Ricky Gervais as a writer...

Seriously, HOW is Farmer Wants A Wife still on the fucking telly?

I've given up on Ben Elton's show and so I'm watching Roy & HG The Dream for the third time.

"Yes... he likes to get to every inch of that bar HG..."

I have very fond memories of yawning in my uni classes after staying up late to watch The Dream when Sydney Olympics were on :heart: I didn't realise it was out on DVD, all I have is the tapes which are useless since my video player died a few years ago.

It's funny how Fatso the Fat-Arsed Wombat became the "people's mascot", in favour of Syd, Ollie and Dickhead.

And got himself a permanent statue outside the stadium.

fatso1.gif

The Olympics were waaaay too much fun. I think there was some sport too.

yeah i posted that in the funniest internet things thread... it's weird because it she's giving him a compliment technically...

And got himself a permanent statue outside the stadium.

fatso1.gif

The Olympics were waaaay too much fun. I think there was some sport too.

oh wow i never knew that! i wish i was old enough at the time to really appreciate it. and i will go to my grave regetting that i didn't go to a single event when we had the Comm games in 06.

Adam Hills' show is great. Helps that it's on ABC.

Wasn't able to watch the first episode last week, but saw last night - basically everything I expected. Adam Hills is wonderful.

Anyone know of cheap housing in central Melbourne? Have uni student needing a home over there and it is difficult to advise from Perf? (Not being a Melbournite myself). :D

yeah i posted that in the funniest internet things thread... it's weird because it she's giving him a compliment technically...

I thought there could have been another implication too, but in any case it's a backhanded compliment... still funny though. I barely ever watch Ten news so I missed it.

aaaaaand Ten's shut the vid down.

Anyone know of cheap housing in central Melbourne?

Nobody does because it doesn't exist.

Is this person looking for their own place, or just to share? Because in the case of the former, the cheapest places in central Melbourne/inner suburbs (i.e. within a 30 minute radius of Melbourne Uni, RMIT, and other univeristies' city campuses) are going to be dingy shoeboxes for about $200-220/week. If you're sticking to inner suburbs, it's VERY hard to find anything for under $200 now; I recently ranted about these sorts of places on my blog.

But you can find pretty nice places for $250-300/week. With prices like this, it's best to find somewhere to share with a couple of other people if you're on a budget.

I think Modom has become to accustomed to everything being within 30 mins in Perth. The beach is 5 mins drive away, the river a short run, Perth only 18ks from where we live etc, etc. Now she has to struggle with a 45 min :crack: trip to work from campus or from campus to hockey training and is NOT HAPPY, JAN!!! (Plus a bit of a case of homesickness, though am wondering if this is not related somewhat to sudden lack of funds after paying fees etc, etc). Ah the joys of suddenly being responsible and having to count coinage. :cute:

Wombat is my favourite Australian animal. Unfortunately we'll never put them in our Australia brochures for overseas market at work, because it has to be damn koalas every year :rolleyes: Never saw the big deal about those critters, yeah they're cuddly and fluffy and appear to have all the personality of a potato sack.

Yep. They don't just eat eucalyptus because they're hungry, but because they're addicted to the stuff. They binge on it, gives them a sort of high, they pass out for 18 hours, and when they wake up they're cranky as fuck because they need a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom