Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently some flooding in northern Tassie too.

Floods everywhere except where water is needed, WA.

a photo my cousin, who lives in a suburb very near Brisbane but not in the CBD, took:

ss.jpg

i doubt it.

So I'm on facebook for the first time in longer than I should have been:

Daniel Jack Paproth Voting for Pendulum's remix of the ABC News theme in triple j's hottest 100...

Okay, that's perfectly fine and true, but then...

Whiskey William Loftus Hopson Voting for ANYTHING in the Hottest 100, dude. Triple J is fucking Bogan FM.

As much as I like TBL, the comments lead a shitload to be desired. I can understand not liking JJJ - but how in god's name is it exclusively a bogan channel? Fucking hell, it's not Fresh or Nova. I listened to Triple J on the way to a mate's place today, am I suddenly a maXXXX superdry import beer drinking Indian basher?

Okay, that guy has Easy Rider as one of his favourite movies. He's got to be taking the piss.

... I mean, nobody actually enjoyed Easy Rider, did they?

The Dennis Hopper one. Please, no matter how many people tell you how important it was to 60's cinema and the counterculture, don't watch it. Just watch the Nicholson scenes on Youtube or something. It's hammy, boring tosh.

It's the motorcycle through the US movie, yes? It's got a 7.3/10 rating on the site.

I thought Triple J was pretty much Un-Bogan FM! I mean, it wouldn't go NEAR Cold Chisel or AC/DC; almost any other station would sooner play bogan favourites. It could hardly be less bogan.

I thought Triple J was pretty much Un-Bogan FM! I mean, it wouldn't go NEAR Cold Chisel or AC/DC; almost any other station would sooner play bogan favourites. It could hardly be less bogan.

TBL only concentrates on the nouveau bogan, so instead of Cold Chisel and AC/DC it's more Kings of Leon and Birds of Tokyo or whatever. Who both get their time to shine on JJJ now and then, sure, but they still play enough good music to cancel that out. Though they do play an awful lot of skip-hop...

So I'm on facebook for the first time in longer than I should have been:

Okay, that's perfectly fine and true, but then...

As much as I like TBL, the comments lead a shitload to be desired. I can understand not liking JJJ - but how in god's name is it exclusively a bogan channel? Fucking hell, it's not Fresh or Nova. I listened to Triple J on the way to a mate's place today, am I suddenly a maXXXX superdry import beer drinking Indian basher?

thank you! i do enjoy a lot of TBL's posts, but some of the wall posts are just plain wrong. and that one made me all :bvs:. surely, surely, triple m is more bogan than triple j. but he's pretty cool and all, changing his facebook name to "Whiskey William Loftus Hopson".

seriously though i will listen to some of the Hottest 100 on Aus Day, and i fear that Pendulum crap, "bogan beats" as someone put it, will be top ten. :down:

Though if we want to talk Triple J stereotypes, this is pretty much on the money: How to be a J-fag - Rate Your Music

ahahahahahahahahahahaha :lmao:

If you can't DRUNKENLY SING ALONG to The Nosebleed Section YOU ARE NOT A J-FAG.

:lmao:

Ahahahaha :lol:

Not a fan of Triple J personally, they'll play something decent once in a while but you always have to sit through tons of dull indie filler in between.

yes. i do listen to it when my ipod dies, but i'd rather listen to Gold FM or something, because JJJ really do only play one good song followed by 10 pieces of shit.

I don't mind them and the kind of strong hatred they sometimes get kinda baffles me.

this. i'm not a fan but their music doesn't make me dry reach.

Apparently some flooding in northern Tassie too.

Floods everywhere except where water is needed, WA.

It has been flooding in Northern WA. Just got back from Kalbarri where the Murchison River is a lovely caramel colour and you can see the silt trail at least a k out to sea. Didn't catch a thing :sad:

My parents, who live in northern Qld, have said that all the roads are cut off and there is no petrol or food in their town but they are very thankful that, while the grass is extremely sodden, they have not had to deal with any flooding whatsoever.

Sufjan's a-comin'. Laneway not long after that. Looks like all the good stuff happens around my birthday.

Also a two year anniversary for some kinda fire or something.

Its not that Triple J has become more bogan, its that bogans have become more Triple J. It shifted around ten years ago. Festivals too. At the Big Day Out for example - believe it or not - you would struggle to find a single boozed up bogan wrapped in an Australian flag booing Bjork and then going agro-apeshit for Rage Against the Machine (or whatever.) Now? That's at least 50% of the crowd at any major festival. 100% of the Gold Coast BDO.

I hate exclusive Triple J listeners. The ones who say, "oh, I love Florence + The Machine" but only know You've Got the Love and Dog Days Are Over because they only listen to Triple J and won't actually go out and buy the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom