Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you're so predictable vlad. :lol:

i saw the ad on tv but it was also on Things Bogans Like's facebook page. and bogans definitely love these ads... but i do too. i think they're quite funny.

you're so predictable vlad. :lol:

i saw the ad on tv but it was also on Things Bogans Like's facebook page. and bogans definitely love these ads... but i do too. i think they're quite funny.

Yeah, you're correct on that. :lol:

As far as Mudgeeraba goes, no problems at this stage. My mother's next door in Tallai at the moment and assured me last night there's no flooding there - or even on the Merrimac/Robina floodplain that usually goes under at the faintest sign of drizzle (I guess they've improved the drainage in the last couple of years?).

that's good. i don't think i need to worry about the family on the gold coast - they're on one of those canals but that's connected to the sea, not inland river systems.

which is cool. but i work in one and these idiots will queue up for 20 minutes to get the discount when they could drive a minute down the road where the petrol and get served straight away and the petrol will be 2 cents more expensive.

they're so proud of themselves for "exploiting the government" by getting petrol for 114.9c instead of 122.9c that they don't realise that if they hadn't walked round the shop for five minutes looking for something worth $5 that they don't need they would have saved more.

but i digress.

stupidity thrives at petrol stations.

162934_175726382463653_129031607133131_356833_6817711_n.jpg

oh my.

saw this on TBL's fb page as well and had a good laugh:

Richard Wilkins reporting, live from NZ, that the QLD floods may have been deliberately lit by arsonists.

When I saw a similar pic on the Courier Mail website today, I swear most of the office heard me wail "but I was there only a month ago!!!!!, arrrgggghhhhh!!!!" :scream:

Haven't heard back from my friend (who came with me to U2) since this morning, when she texted that the power had been cut off. I have another friend who lives in an apartment block in Toowong, where the water was chest high on the footpath this morning. I imagine she's not going anywhere in a hurry... :(

Where are Brisbane gonna play their remaining matches? Hope it drains in time for the A-League final, which Brisbane are very likely to host, as they have been far and away the best side in the league this season.

The thing with the floods is that while the bushfire just ripped through Victoria and did it's damage there and then, the floods are likely to be more lastingly devastating, particularly with the potential for all sorts of disease to be floating around.

apparently the turf farms around brisbane haven't been hit by the floods, so resurfacing the venue should be able to happen in pretty short order, once it empties out.

qualcomm stadium in san diego was flooded recently and they played an american football game on it a few days later, so a quick turnaround isn't out of the question.

getting hard to watch now.

still so impressed by Anna Bligh. i just wish Joolia would drop the condescending (but well-meaning) attitude.

I have been very (and surprisingly) impressed by the QLD government through all of this, everything's been done in a very professional and effective matter. It really could have turned out a lot more disastrous without good leadership. Hopefully there are no major deadly disease outbreaks in the coming weeks.

Apparently my old street in St Lucia was one of the worst hit in that neck of the woods. :ohmy:

Well it appears parts of Vic are fucked now; but at least there's no more rain predicted. And thank god because if it rained steadily again we'd be fucked because we're literally 15-20 meters from floodplains. The Werribee river has "burst its banks" in some parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom