Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we lead the way. I was disappointed though, no Richard Wilkins... :(

Heppy noo ear peeple!!!!

We had him for an hour pretending to know and like the Top 40 hits of this year. That's enough Richard Wilkins for everyone.

Were all of Richard Wilkins' top forty albums of 2010 actually released in the 1980s?

haha, after we got done watching fireworks here we went back inside to see the sydney fireworks on the news. apparently whoever had set up their cameras just picked the middle and walked away. 90% of the fireworks were off-screen, i could just see a tiny bit of it.

gg, sky news.

Someone forgot to mention to Brendan Fevola that Queenslanders were having a subdued New Years celebration.

happy new year all... hard to believe it's almost two years since Black Saturday. here's hoping things get better for the QLDers.

i spent new year's at Pyramid Rock Festival in Phillip Island... got pretty blind drunk, smoked a few joints, and had a helluva lot of laughs.

Pyramid was incredible, great way to see in the new year.. Hot women all over the site.. Memories and laughs aplenty, many that shouldn't be mentioned.
Only got your message after I got back Cobble, Would've been cool to rendezvous over a drink or two

you're right mate, no worries... N*E*R*D were pretty awesome but did you see Tinie Tempah in the pharoah's annex (rave cave)? the most intense hour of my life.

our crew bought 30 condoms, and all 30 went unused

did you hear about the chick that was apparently gang raped new years eve? there were cops everywhere apparently, a body bag... :yikes:

BBC News - Canadian girl 'youngest to discover supernova'

I'm pissed. My mum and I were starseeing on that night (the sky was amazing) and we saw exactly what's described here. We just had no idea how often that stuff happened because, frankly, it's pretty much the only time we've ever bothered to stargaze. But we coulda totally showed that kid who's boss.

edit: Let me reiterate this. I'm happy for this girl and her record breaking achievement based on more than anecdotal evidence, but at the same time I am an egotistic soul who feels that this supernova should definitely be named after me.

cobl04 said:
you're right mate, no worries... N*E*R*D were pretty awesome but did you see Tinie Tempah in the pharoah's annex (rave cave)? the most intense hour of my life.

our crew bought 30 condoms, and all 30 went unused

did you hear about the chick that was apparently gang raped new years eve? there were cops everywhere apparently, a body bag... :yikes:

Yeah, heard about that.. Not great, saw ambulances patrolling the campsite pretty regularly.

NYE was a bit of a blur, can't remember much from NERD, just remember dancing like a moron... Chromeo were fair, was bouncing around all over the place.

Was gonna see Tinie Tempah but somehow didn't end up going, was at Operator Please but got sidetracked by something i think.

Miami Horror were fair, seen then twice now.

Condom Problem for us wasn't so much that they went unused, but more so that they were unable to be used for various reasons.

BBC News - Canadian girl 'youngest to discover supernova'

I'm pissed. My mum and I were starseeing on that night (the sky was amazing) and we saw exactly what's described here. We just had no idea how often that stuff happened because, frankly, it's pretty much the only time we've ever bothered to stargaze. But we coulda totally showed that kid who's boss.

edit: Let me reiterate this. I'm happy for this girl and her record breaking achievement based on more than anecdotal evidence, but at the same time I am an egotistic soul who feels that this supernova should definitely be named after me.

wow really? that's crazy... hunt this girl down. :lol: what did you see?? just a real bright light?

i love astronomy. i love how that star actually exploded a long time ago, but we're only just seeing it now.

Condom Problem for us wasn't so much that they went unused, but more so that they were unable to be used for various reasons.

what a vague comment. :lol:

i don't know if you saw Little Red but i thought they were really overrated. and every second person was high at Xavier Rudd :lol:

I was at the main stage and there was a really good atmosphere going on, and Rock It, the only song I knew and which I had only just found out was in fact the famous Rock It (To me it was the Break O' Day" song) went off somewhat. I meant to look into their stuff more prior to Pyramid, but never did. Can't say if the hype is justified, but I don't see what's especially great about them. Certainly not to the same extent Impala have justified their hype.

Basement Birds cover of My People was a highlight.

wow really? that's crazy... hunt this girl down. :lol: what did you see?? just a real bright light?

i love astronomy. i love how that star actually exploded a long time ago, but we're only just seeing it now.

Yeah, it was this sudden light, unmistakably an explosion. We had no idea how far away it was or anything, and how often it happened. It was small, so you would have missed it if you were looking somewhere else, but it was still big enough for both of us to go "what the hell was that?!".

I know it's not really Australia related at all but I couldn't be bothered making a thread about it. ;)

I'm really quite jealous :lol:

One night I was in a good mood, or maybe a reflective mood, I don't know. But it was a clear night and I could see The Milky Way and I just stared up for ages, listening to Paul Dempsey, drinking a beer and smoking a cigar.

I saw the southern cross too, but I didn't feel a sudden urge to get a tattoo or car stickers or bash a lebo :shrug: hardly Australian!

Oh you should be. ;) Nah it wasn't much really, but it's still something cool to show off about. Think I'll be stargazing again soon, especially with the weather like this. Really gives you a whole new perspective on everything. Of course, dad was there too and he didn't give a shit. :lol:

That sounds fucking nice, I didn't even think of listening to music, maybe I'll throw a chair outside next time.

You better make up for that on Invasion Day!

I'm really quite jealous :lol:

One night I was in a good mood, or maybe a reflective mood, I don't know. But it was a clear night and I could see The Milky Way and I just stared up for ages, listening to Paul Dempsey, drinking a beer and smoking a cigar.

I saw the southern cross too, but I didn't feel a sudden urge to get a tattoo or car stickers or bash a lebo :shrug: hardly Australian!

La di da Mr. Cuban.

Lebanese women are amongst the hottest in the world. I wouldn't say that the bashing of Lebanese men is purely a racially motivated thing, but often a means of trying to get access to Lebanese women. And why shouldn't we be allowed to engage in a relationship with them? Why should there be this barrier to them? Just my culturally insensitive two cents.

La di da Mr. Cuban.

i wish it was a cuban!

Lebanese women are amongst the hottest in the world. I wouldn't say that the bashing of Lebanese men is purely a racially motivated thing, but often a means of trying to get access to Lebanese women. And why shouldn't we be allowed to engage in a relationship with them? Why should there be this barrier to them? Just my culturally insensitive two cents.

i would argue that Cronulla had absolutely 0% to do with getting access to Lebanese women.

but yeah Barney makes a good point: Lebanese girls are the new half-asians.

I love their reactions, haha. AOWWWHHHH AHAHOLY SHIT. I can't imagine how I would have sounded while seeing that, though. Looks like a pretty new Forester, too.

I'm looking at the flood's wiki page, and the list of fatalities is obviously disheartening, but then you've got stuff like this:

"62-year-old male from Ballarat, Victoria who was a passenger in a vehicle that was swept away while crossing a flooded creek near Aramac on 3 January 2011. The 19-year-old driver of the vehicle was charged with dangerous driving.[45]"

Which makes me think, how many of these deaths could have been prevented? I saw those two teenage girls on the news who nearly drowned because they decided to body board in the waters. I don't wish to condemn the victims at all, far from it, but it's just an added shame to the whole tragedy because it should be common sense to not fuck around in massive rising floodwaters.

I love their reactions, haha. AOWWWHHHH AHAHOLY SHIT. I can't imagine how I would have sounded while seeing that, though. Looks like a pretty new Forester, too.

I'm looking at the flood's wiki page, and the list of fatalities is obviously disheartening, but then you've got stuff like this:

"62-year-old male from Ballarat, Victoria who was a passenger in a vehicle that was swept away while crossing a flooded creek near Aramac on 3 January 2011. The 19-year-old driver of the vehicle was charged with dangerous driving.[45]"

Which makes me think, how many of these deaths could have been prevented? I saw those two teenage girls on the news who nearly drowned because they decided to body board in the waters. I don't wish to condemn the victims at all, far from it, but it's just an added shame to the whole tragedy because it should be common sense to not fuck around in massive rising floodwaters.

word. i mean we had a few floods in Werribee in December, and a few people got their boards or canoes out in the still water, but there's idiots who just take it too far.

that video has now just shown me how fucked up these floods are though. i didn't think they'd be that bad.

news also said the still water is causing/going to cause a lot of problems.

What's the best thing about Australia? (other than Mitchell Johnson :wink:)

I may be venturing over to your side of the world in a few months.

YouTube - IMG_0137.MOV

what the hell toowoomba!

It's so brutal. :(

:( it is just beyond awful

:up:

I am constantly staggered at the sheer stupidity of some people, maybe I shouldn't be, but I am :sigh:

regardless ~ so many thoughts and prayers for all of those affected so far and really really crossing my fingers that the rain lets up and this monster doesn't cause too much more destruction :(

I have mates in and around the Lismore region and they are nervous, really really nervous :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom