Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NRL player is photographed getting a blowjob from a dog. World appears to be operating as per normal.

because I live in a bubble, I actually thought you were just being funny so when I finally sat my ass down to watch the news last night . . . imagine my suprise :doh: . . . <inserts obligatory what the f is wrong with some people rant here>

we have a re-enactment image here:

lolraiders.jpg

:lol:

This is one of those situations where you'd love for the punishment to befit the crime -

Not saying they should tie him down while dogs repeatedly rape him (he'd enjoy that too much), I mean that perhaps they coat it in peanut butter and set a Rottweiler onto him until it's been bitten off.

you could cure cancer, achieve world peace, win olympic gold, but if you fuck one dog...

Don't know what you're saying here dad: that he's a decent guy did one minor mistake, or that he's cooked and it's deserved?

Gives new meaning to the phrase 'dog act'.

my word!

Far as I'm concerned, he didn't break the law in the ACT, so there can be no legal repercussion, however the shame he will experience for the rest of his life will be punishment enough.

"hey! there goes that guy that raped a dogs mouth"

Is the guy married? Because if he was and if I was the wife/girlfriend I'd throw him to the dogs.

The funny thing is that even Fevola wouldn't even go this far. Even he has some sort of a limit.

He really needs to have a shave and a haircut and lose that hat :yikes:

I was only watching ARIAs in bits yesterday. What's wrong with the traditional setup of a) stage b) people presenting and walking on stage? All those speeches just looked ridiculous with people milling around all over the shop.

Pretty much sums up for me why Australian music annoys me the past few years... some of the music we're getting is quite good, but it doesn't come close to equalling the praise. And yet so much good music coming out of America & Europe gets largely ignored, even though it's far better.

People dig this Art vs Science group, they're not bad, but fuck, LCD Soundsystem are infinitely better.

I guess if overseas acts got the attention they deserve and the praise heaped on Aussie acts was more bearable I wouldn't be so bitter.

Also, the next person who tells me "Aussie rap (or "skip-hop" :rolleyes:) is the best" gets a swift kick to the groin.

i hear you. just a theory, but i think a large part of it is due to the quota of local music. between that and the fact that america and europe (although they do have a similar quota) generally produces a larger portion of what's mainstream anyway, in other countries i think it's more a sense of pride.

but yes, just because it's produced in your home country doesn't automatically mean it's any good. it's kinda like how any city other than la and nyc in america loves to hail its local artists like they're the next (insert big act here) even though they usually suck ass. when i think of all the acts i've heard that papers in memphis were all OMG LOCAL AWESOME GROUP OMG FAP FAP FAP over, and how much they fucking sucked, yeah i don't know where i was going with that but barf.

You guys are both right, however I think the last couple years have been a bit better for Aussie music than usual. But I still have sort of natural disinterest in local music just because of the John Butler/Missy Higgins/Pete Murray types from the last decade.

And god, I hate the Adelaide scene, not least because skip-hop is so dominant. Maybe I wouldn't mind if there were some naturally gifted individuals in that genre, but as far as I'm concerned, if you were naturally gifted you wouldn't be delving into skip-hop.

Electronic music is really the only area where Australian acts have been world class, even world leaders, over the past decade or so. Avalanches 'Since I Left You' - a decade old now - is, for my money, the best Australian album ever. More recently, Cut Copy, Presets, Pnau, Empire of the Sun, several others - as good or even easily better than any of their US/Euro peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom