Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Sex Party do alright, which I think they will, but I see no major reason to not vote Greens this election, even if I do fall a little wayside with them in certain places. What I've seen them do in Tasmania has been really good, but I'm not sure how they could sustain an entire country.

ooh, nice. have any specific part of the country in mind? :)

Originally I was thinking the Midwest due to Michigan ties, but now I'm pretty keen on the Northeast. NYC was always my dream, but it's probably out of the question, so I'm thinking somewhere in New England. There are a few colleges in Boston that I'm looking at currently, and I really like the look of the place (I'm even trying to watch some baseball!) so that's probably where I'll end up, but there's other possibilities yet.

Originally I was thinking the Midwest due to Michigan ties, but now I'm pretty keen on the Northeast. NYC was always my dream, but it's probably out of the question, so I'm thinking somewhere in New England. There are a few colleges in Boston that I'm looking at currently, and I really like the look of the place (I'm even trying to watch some baseball!) so that's probably where I'll end up, but there's other possibilities yet.
:up: the northeast is easily the best part of the country. if the weather were like it was in memphis it'd be fucking perfect. otherwise though i love it. it'd also be better without the people there.

IMO

to contribute on topic though, i've only seen the footy show i suspect you guys aren't talking about.

I assume this was about Australian shows?

'Cause I was about to throw in Top Gear and shoot everyone who disagreed with me. :cool:

(But the Oz version of Top Gear sucks, so ...)

:no:

Really? It's so boys club these days. Sam Newman needs to get his sexist, bull-headed face out of the media.

Now Farmer Wants a Wife on the other hand :swoon:
:lol:

oh ditto . . . and the NRL thing . .. that thing should just be taken out to pasture . . . :yuck:

as for Farmer Wants A Wife . . . :shifty: . . . I swear it's my other halfs favourite show :doh: :shh:

have any of you seen this?

YouTube - Alf Stewart goes mad

my mates think it's the funniest thing ever, and i hesitantly admit that i got a few chuckles out of it, but there was a facebook fan page and everything. kind of disturbing how many videos there are and how many people think it's hilarious.

a long way from Bargearse and The Olden Days.

That was incredibly ... lame. I don't understand bogan humour much of the time.

:uhoh:

vlad you always seem absolutely disgusted by even the slightest hint of "boganism", for lack of a much better word.

i don't think you give a lot of people enough credit, but then again, "bogan" has severe negative connotations, even though a lot of people who would be perceived as "bogans" or having "a bit of bogan in 'em" are terrific people.

having said that, those people are not represented in this video.

vlad you always seem absolutely disgusted by even the slightest hint of "boganism", for lack of a much better word.

i don't think you give a lot of people enough credit, but then again, "bogan" has severe negative connotations, even though a lot of people who would be perceived as "bogans" or having "a bit of bogan in 'em" are terrific people.

having said that, those people are not represented in this video.

Yeah, I kind of agree there.

Just not really fond of the people-who-walk-around-with-their-shorts-down-past-their-knees. Whom I consider bogans.

have any of you seen this?

YouTube - Alf Stewart goes mad

my mates think it's the funniest thing ever, and i hesitantly admit that i got a few chuckles out of it, but there was a facebook fan page and everything. kind of disturbing how many videos there are and how many people think it's hilarious.

a long way from Bargearse and The Olden Days.

it's amusing, but it's not as good as the curly haired man home and away dubs, which seem to have been pulled from youtube.

What the hell kind of show is Spicks and Specks?

Someone I am pissed off at right now know is going to be on it. I won't be able to see it, but I still wonder just what it is.

anyone see how Melbourne Heart "scored" their first goal? :lol:

What the hell kind of show is Spicks and Specks?

Someone I am pissed off at right now know is going to be on it. I won't be able to see it, but I still wonder just what it is.

it's a really good music quiz show. doesn't have the production values of other quiz shoes, but makes up for that by being genuinely funny.

whom would that be?

A-League doesn't have great skills, but I still like it. Plus, I'm interested to see what will happen with the Eritrean national team that turned up in Adelaide. Good chance we'll have a lot of young Eritrean fellas running around in red at some point.

Tempted by the Reds/Heart game next weekend. I'm not going to the Port/Eagles footy tonight because of the weather and I'm still recovering from a cold, which sounds a bit pissweak, I admit. I'll be buggered if it actually turns out remotely watchable.

Alf Stewart dubs from earlier this year were great, but they've been removed.

Khan: Glad you think I'm making a good choice. :up: I did have a slight fear in that Boston is stereotypically violent, but after having a look at various crime statistics, something happening to me seems about as likely as me getting killed by a creative serial killer in Adelaide, so I should be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom