Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
i'm trying something sort of new here, excuse/appreciate my sheer audacity, as this may fail miserably!

basically i have noticed there are a HUGE amount of Australians on this forum, and with a lot happening here over the moment, what with U2 tour rumours and apparently there's an election? i thought it might be an idea to see if a whole bunch of people would like to talk about what's going on in our country! no topic is off-limits and Late Show references are of course welcome! as people would have noticed i love doing it myself, so i figure why not involve the many lovely Australians around here (and anyone from anywhere who wishes to join in).

maybe tomorrow this will be back on page two with zero replies and 11 views, if so then i'll crawl back into my corners in B&C, the sport forum and Zoo Confesh. but maybe not. i've always wanted to have a thread like this, so we'll see how we go?

- the election is coming up very soon, how have you seen the campaign so far? are you annoyed with Julia and Tony?
- do you support our push for the 2022 World Cup?
- which home-grown TV shows are you currently loving?

i don't know. feel free to join me :lol:

:wave:

Prisoner in Cell Block H was brilliant.

melbprisoner129.jpg

no I loved it man, it takes me back to the early 90s, they used to play in on late, like 1am or whatever shit time...................

just brilliant, esp the young blonde with the big tits.

great dungarees era.

ya know?

:up:

Well I am very much looking forward to coming home. Have been living in London for just over a year and heading home at the end of the month!
Will be voting at the embassy next week when the booths open. I cannot bear to think about living in a society where Tony Abbott is our Prime Minister! However I'm still not impressed at the constant implosions in the Labour party, and feel the whole ousting of Rudd was wrong!

Don't watch home grown TV because frankly we produce a hell of a lot of shit, and the only things they show over here is Neighbours and Home and Away... no thanks!

Heres a question, if someone was coming to Australia for a holiday, what places other than the 'traditional' touristy places would you suggest visiting?

cheers pr and yes you are excused :wink:

fingers crossed ian. do you know how the FIFA inspection went? i didn't hear.

no I loved it man, it takes me back to the early 90s, they used to play in on late, like 1am or whatever shit time...................

just brilliant, esp the young blonde with the big tits.

great dungarees era.

ya know?

:up:
well i haven't seen too much of it to be honest, just clips of big women with red hair on 20 to 1.
Well I am very much looking forward to coming home. Have been living in London for just over a year and heading home at the end of the month!
Will be voting at the embassy next week when the booths open. I cannot bear to think about living in a society where Tony Abbott is our Prime Minister! However I'm still not impressed at the constant implosions in the Labour party, and feel the whole ousting of Rudd was wrong!

Don't watch home grown TV because frankly we produce a hell of a lot of shit, and the only things they show over here is Neighbours and Home and Away... no thanks!

Heres a question, if someone was coming to Australia for a holiday, what places other than the 'traditional' touristy places would you suggest visiting?
i just turned 20, but never enrolled to vote... so i won't be voting (would have been a Labor vote, Julia is a Werribee girl after all). i hear you though.

well i haven't really seen much of Australia actually, only Melbourne and touristy stuff in QLD (and Bathurst in NSW), and though i am biased i really think just spending a few nights in Melbourne taking all we have to offer in would be great. i forget where you're from.

they're on wednesday night yes? as well as Wil Anderson's show? i'm going to miss it again, i'm going to a concert tomorrow night.

I live in Central Australia, which is a very beautiful (but boring!) place to live. Tourists seem to like it! hahaha

I lived in Melbs for 5 years and will be going back there to live after 2011, which is going to be great. I believe Victoria has it all, you've got the great cosmopolitan city, beautiful beaches like Torquay, stunning rainforest up near Dandenong, farmlands in Gippsland, awesome bushland and walks in the Grampains, the gorgeous Great Oceans Road, snow in the mountains and the spa/mineral springs country around Daylesford!

Its got everything! hahaha :hyper: I've visited all those places, and also love its only 8 ours from Adelaide and Sydney and two from Tassie. Best spot ever!!

Is is true that you were the criminal class of Britain and the Brits, in order to punish you, sent you to your own beautiful Eden-like island continent? Those crafty Brits. They kept all the bad food and the bad weather and sent you to a giant continent where you can surf on 30 foot waves. Awesome.

Is is true that you were the criminal class of Britain and the Brits, in order to punish you, sent you to your own beautiful Eden-like island continent? Those crafty Brits. They kept all the bad food and the bad weather and sent you to a giant continent where you can surf on 30 foot waves. Awesome.

That's called hubris, my friend.

After being rudely ignored in the random music thread, I came here to get my 'fair dinkum' fix and again am leaving a disappointed man. For shame, Australians. For shame

I made friends with two Australians on the tour. They did Foxboro and East Rutherford with me and now we are Facebook friends.

it's no coincidence that they've sucked at every sport except "darts" ever since, either.
I live in Central Australia, which is a very beautiful (but boring!) place to live. Tourists seem to like it! hahaha

I lived in Melbs for 5 years and will be going back there to live after 2011, which is going to be great. I believe Victoria has it all, you've got the great cosmopolitan city, beautiful beaches like Torquay, stunning rainforest up near Dandenong, farmlands in Gippsland, awesome bushland and walks in the Grampains, the gorgeous Great Oceans Road, snow in the mountains and the spa/mineral springs country around Daylesford!

Its got everything! hahaha :hyper: I've visited all those places, and also love its only 8 ours from Adelaide and Sydney and two from Tassie. Best spot ever!!
yeah i have to say it's an awesome state to live in. and i haven't even been to a number of those places.

don't forget the shit farm in Werribee :wink:
After being rudely ignored in the random music thread, I came here to get my 'fair dinkum' fix and again am leaving a disappointed man. For shame, Australians. For shame
check again!

basically it's a interjection meaning "no way!" or "you for real?" so if NSW were to say "i hate This is Happening more now than a month ago", i would reply "are you fair dinkum?"

tee hee hee

:rockon:

ah... australia...

many friendly relatives telling you the following offering lines of friendship:

such as:

country's full

or go back to your own country!

all part and parcel of the australian hospitality! :drool:

This is correct. :D

I agree that Victoria really does have a lot of good sights within fairly easy driving distance, the Great Ocean Road isn't too far from me. What we don't have is enough big things. Big Merino might be here :hmm:

Election will be interesting. Anyone but the Liberals is again my line, and am aghast at how poorly Labor have marketed themselves to voters this campaign, just abysmal. And it's a shame because I couldn't imagine a better representative of my country than Gillard, she's a star, with an ideology that is generally identical to mine, but this election campaign seems disasterous. The fact that someone as atrocious as Abbott is firming in polls as an increasingly preferred prime minister is simply nauseating. Will be hard to forgive my fellow countrymen and women if they let the Liberals lead this country again. We stagnated and become shite under Howard, and under Rudd our heart was in a better place but our policies were wayward and ill-implemented.
The Australian Sex Party are actually worth checking out, they have some pretty appealing policies, might consider throwing a vote their way in the Senate.

Australia 2022 will be huge, and bigger than Sydney 2000. Though I do fear that the USA 2022 bid will be particularly difficult to defeat. They are guaranteed to host a fantastic tournament with their incredible infrastructure and brilliance at hosting the '94 World Cup.

Aussie TV shows. Don't tend to watch much TV, but I keep meaning to get a DvD of City Homicide, looks awesome, and I've occasionally seen scenes being filmed in areas of Melbourne which is kinda cool.

Love this city... love Melbourne

Australia 2022 will be huge, and bigger than Sydney 2000.

and i am desperately, desperately hoping Roy & HG will be all over it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zjCc_VyxM4

also feel free to talk about anything Australia, those were just some dumb questions that came to my head.

ah... australia...

many friendly relatives telling you the following offering lines of friendship:

such as:

country's full

or go back to your own country!

all part and parcel of the australian hospitality! :drool:

fuckoffwerefull-300x225.jpg

that the type of thing you're talking about...

i have a "friend" who constantly invites me to join the "fuck off we're full" group on facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom