Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a country town that has happened to grow to the size of a small city. Experience it that way, and it's fantastic.

Really, the only major Australian city I'd say you can safely skip is Brisbane. :reject:

That's just it... being from the country, I'd prefer if the state capital were more cosmopolitan.

I spent a little while in Brisbane, and there was nothing that blew me away about the place. I'm sure it's perfectly pleasant, but the thing about Queensland is that there are much nicer places to visit, like the Whitsundays, or more exciting places, like the Gold Coast. I think that Adelaide suffers the same problem in that the wine regions and Flinders Ranges are often preferred tourist destinations in SA.

Bernard Fanning hates U2 - that much isn't too hard to discover - but he actually was a huge fan, and it changed specifically because Edge didn't care for Powderfinger. If possible, didn't want them as a support act when Elevation Australia looked to be 'go'.

Bernard Fanning hates U2 - that much isn't too hard to discover - but he actually was a huge fan, and it changed specifically because Edge didn't care for Powderfinger. If possible, didn't want them as a support act when Elevation Australia looked to be 'go'.

:laugh: Fanning sounds like a bit of a whiner. Thankfully he didn't ask for Liam Gallagher's opinion.

Yeah, I remember hearing an interview with the B-Fann about 8 years ago or so on Planet Rock on MMM, and the lyric in the P-Finger song "Stumblin'", "It's not such a beautiful day" was admitted to be a not-so-subtle jibe at U2...

wow i did not know that about Bernard Fanning. wanker.

Streets of Your Town is fantastic.

the prodigal son come back to bite you in the arse Anna? :shifty:

how about this bit of self-indulgent garbage from the church

For a moment there I was about to get all indignant, but then I realised you were talking about a different the church.... :reject: :D

:

Yeah, I remember hearing an interview with the B-Fann about 8 years ago or so on Planet Rock on MMM, and the lyric in the P-Finger song "Stumblin'", "It's not such a beautiful day" was admitted to be a not-so-subtle jibe at U2...

Yep. But he was fanboy #1 at one stage.

I used to work for a record company, and rumours/stories about Bernard Fanning being a twat were rife, a favourite topic, and the most popular were stories of him getting put in his place or not getting his way. The U2 story comes from them simply being lined up as one of the support acts for Elevation, and Edge had a say in who got the spot. His reaction to Powderfinger was along the lines of - :| - and he asked if it were possible to get someone... interesting, exciting, GOOD? And remember, their album at the time was Odyssey # 5, what many/most consider to be their biggest and best. Quite a put down.

Word got back to Fanning. He was fuming. Problem was, Rolling Stone were about to print an article where he names his ten desert island discs or whatever, and he had a U2 album included - I think it was AB - with a blurb where he gushes about both the album and U2. He wasn't having it, got in touch with Rolling Stone and tried to the point of ridiculous diva threats ("You don't want to get offside of with the greatest band this countries ever produced" sort of thing) to get the article pulled and/or amended. It was too late to do. The story shot around, too brilliant. The Almighty Bernard dismissed by U2, and then the massive immature tantrum. And yeah, ever since then, he acts as though he's always hated U2.

i like Odyssey #5, but i can definitely see where Edge is coming from, they aren't the MOST interesting band going around, musically.

i would have bought a ticket for their farewell tour but $100 is too much for a band i don't love.

Yep. But he was fanboy #1 at one stage.

I used to work for a record company, and rumours/stories about Bernard Fanning being a twat were rife, a favourite topic, and the most popular were stories of him getting put in his place or not getting his way. The U2 story comes from them simply being lined up as one of the support acts for Elevation, and Edge had a say in who got the spot. His reaction to Powderfinger was along the lines of - :| - and he asked if it were possible to get someone... interesting, exciting, GOOD? And remember, their album at the time was Odyssey # 5, what many/most consider to be their biggest and best. Quite a put down.

Word got back to Fanning. He was fuming. Problem was, Rolling Stone were about to print an article where he names his ten desert island discs or whatever, and he had a U2 album included - I think it was AB - with a blurb where he gushes about both the album and U2. He wasn't having it, got in touch with Rolling Stone and tried to the point of ridiculous diva threats ("You don't want to get offside of with the greatest band this countries ever produced" sort of thing) to get the article pulled and/or amended. It was too late to do. The story shot around, too brilliant. The Almighty Bernard dismissed by U2, and then the massive immature tantrum. And yeah, ever since then, he acts as though he's always hated U2.

Wow, thanks for that. What a drama queen. I guess we won't be giving him tea and sympathy anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom