Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:08 AM   #901
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2
OH MY GOD THE HUMIDITY OH MY GOD THE HUMIDITY OH MY GOD THE HUMIDITY WORSE THAN ANY 35+ DEGREE DAY.

I think that describes my feelings perfectly.
Humidity????? I thought you were in Adelaide, home of horrendous heat sans the 'yes i shall stab you in the eye if you so much as breathe in my direction' horror that is humidity?

I prescribe beer - coopers if you have it but icy cold whatever your particular poison

. . . is it just me or would someone else quite like to see a cyclonic wind pick up a rusty post box and smack Leila McKinnon in the head with it?

No, it's just me . . . this heat, it's making me stabby

Old 02-04-2011, 03:54 AM   #902
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:17 PM
Just because it isn't a usual occurance doesn't mean it never happens.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:03 AM   #903
45:33

Local Time: 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplereign

. . . is it just me or would someone else quite like to see a cyclonic wind pick up a rusty post box and smack Leila McKinnon in the head with it?
You are not the only one! I hate that bitch! Ever since she did that interview with that Corey Worthington idiot - "take off your glasses and apologise!"
Old 02-04-2011, 04:08 AM   #904

Werribee is under siege from mother nature! No Yasi obviously but this is by a long way the most extreme weather I've ever experienced.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:38 AM   #905
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Just because it isn't a usual occurance doesn't mean it never happens.
but, but, but I want to remember Adelaide as the one place I can go and still have good hair . . . even in the heat *flicks hair over princess shoulders and sulks off*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
You are not the only one! I hate that bitch! Ever since she did that interview with that Corey Worthington idiot - "take off your glasses and apologise!"
Corey Worthington . . . and McKinnon she is just staggeringly awful and I want to switch her off but I just can not look away! Her lack of empathy, particularly in the last few weeks as she has 'covered' the awfulness that has unfolded in queensland, just absolutely flaws me . . . she described the mess that was the mariner in Caldwell as 'stunning' with a big fat smile on her smug little kisser . . .gah . . . I won't start because somebody will get hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Werribee is under siege from mother nature! No Yasi obviously but this is by a long way the most extreme weather I've ever experienced.
stay safe
Old 02-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #906
Jesus Online

I want a spongey car like on the allianz ad.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #907
Blue Crack Addict

Corey Worthington hasn't been punched in the face enough.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #908
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Agreed. And can that same box take out Mel, Kochie, Karl and anyone else on commercial tv who has used the words "Aussie spirit" in the last month...

And PR, this humidity in Adelbrain has not only addled my brain but my hair as well.
:looks for large hat:
Old 02-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #909
Vocal parasite

On the point of Julia Gillard's voice, she actually took elocution lessons. Back in the day, apparently some focus group tests were done and the ALP found that people reacted quite negatively to her voice, despite liking what she was saying. Her accent was considered a liability. Hence the elocution lessons to tone it down. I was watching an old episode of The Chaser the other day where Julian Morrow confronts her and the difference in her voice is striking.

(Funny how this worked the other way in the US re: Hillary Clinton '08 ...)

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #910
Vocal parasite

Huh, amazed to see the reports of flash flooding around Melbourne. Last night was a total non-event here in the inner north. There was some brief heavy rain, occasional thunder, and that was it.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #911

Werribee and Wyndham Vale flooded! Get Karl and Mel and Koch down here quick!!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #912
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:47 AM
I got home from work yesterday and let the cat inside, and literally a minute later is was like somebody threw a bucket over the backyard. No flooding around my area though as far as I could see.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:32 AM   #913
Jesus Online

God I wish it rained here. It was 43C yesterday, 42C today. The southerly is supposed to come through tonight ending the heatwave. I don't think it's been under 36C for over a week?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #914
Vocal parasite

Good lord!

It's a pleasant 18C and somewhat sunny in Melbourne's north right now. It was even cooler when I went out for a walk this morning; the Bureau informs me it was between 14.5 and 16.7. It felt positively autumnal.

That said, there were a few fairly substantial tree limbs lying around as a reminder of the recent wild weather.

By the by, the Sandringham railway line has been closed since Friday evening. I've seen pictures of Windsor railway station - the cutting is flooded, close to platform height. It looks like a canal! They should run some gondolas, Venice-style, to replace the trains.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #915
Blue Crack Addict

It's so cool.