Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the rare occasions one will see a koala at ground level. Where was that? Near the CBD I imagine?

And that is why I can never hate koalas. They're also supposed to roam around my suburb, my mum has seen one cross the road once.

Looks like it's just off South Terrace in the east, too quiet to be anywhere else in the CBD.

I've only seen one on ground once, and that was at night. It's pretty funny watching them get all picky about which tree to climb up.

Looks like it's just off South Terrace in the east, too quiet to be anywhere else in the CBD.

I've only seen one on ground once, and that was at night. It's pretty funny watching them get all picky about which tree to climb up.

They're simply amusing, grumpy animals.

Cobbler lacks originality in his animal insults.

:lol: no, i don't think they do. sorry, i'd had a couple of beers last night.

You seem to have a few beers every night. :wink:

Ah, the youth :cute:

I've never seen a real live koala ever. Never been to Cleland, and as I live in deepest suburbia, won't see one in the backyard. Hell, we don't even have possums here!!!!

And will it stop raining? I'm meant to go the Garden of Unearthly Delights tonight to see my mate's band play and standing in a muddy swamp won't be fun. Probably. At least they sell booze....

It can never stop raining. This is like twice our monthly rainfall or something.

The platypus is my fav Aus animal.

Interesting facts about this creature:

1. Only poisonous mammal in the world. :cute:
2. Lays eggs
3. Is thought to be a "link" between reptiles and mammals (along with it's close cousins the echidna) as it has a "reptilian" pelvis (hence the rolling gait when walking for both).
4. Has special receptors in its bill which allows it to pick up the electrical signals emitted from it's prey (allowing it to catch food underwater with eyes and ears completely shut)

I could go on :reject:

:lol: I wish! Nope, all grown up and moved out after a smolliday to Melbourne. Good excuse to go and visit every few months :D

How are your brood? :love:

I'm sick of my brood. This motherhood novelty has worn off. I have kittens now. And fish tanks. :love:
Nah, seriously, they're all faulty. Nats has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Caleb's leg won't be lengthened til he's about 14 now, and Olivia possibly needs her adenoids removed. She's as deaf as a post, god love her. And she still talks like a 3 year old. She started school now. :yikes: isaac on the other hand is just peachy. Except he's a little bugger and will probably kill himself in some Darwinian style accident, or end up in juvenile detention...

I've lost the link to catch up with everyone. Can you drop me an email with it, dear fania?
:kiss:

How are all your lot? House quiet without Madame? :D

And since when are platys poisonous???

They have little toxic claws. I dunno how deadly they are, but I figure they can do something. One thing about platys is that they're way smaller than you'd think they are in the flesh.

I've never seen a real live koala ever. Never been to Cleland, and as I live in deepest suburbia, won't see one in the backyard. Hell, we don't even have possums here!!!!

Not even the zoo? They're next to the Tassie devils.

Also sharks

Zoos are awesome. I have seen koalas at the zoo. They weren't the most thrilling zoo inhabitants, but they were pretty cool.

Sit me down by the big African lions. I can watch those dudes all day.

Damn, now I have the urge to go to the zoo.

Zoos are awesome. I have seen koalas at the zoo. They weren't the most thrilling zoo inhabitants, but they were pretty cool.

Sit me down by the big African lions. I can watch those dudes all day.

Damn, now I have the urge to go to the zoo.

I read today that the Chicago zoo is free. If so, all should follow.

Last time I went to the zoo I was about 8 years old. And I got lost. For about 10 minutes, till my mother found me. I've been a bit off looking at wild animals since... :( (Traumatised, I was, traumatised!)

:( Hold my hand next time, ok?

I have petted Cheetahs at Monarto, they purr really loudly and their fur feels like a dirty kelpie.

I'm sick of my brood. This motherhood novelty has worn off. I have kittens now. And fish tanks. :love:
Nah, seriously, they're all faulty. Nats has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Caleb's leg won't be lengthened til he's about 14 now, and Olivia possibly needs her adenoids removed. She's as deaf as a post, god love her. And she still talks like a 3 year old. She started school now. :yikes: isaac on the other hand is just peachy. Except he's a little bugger and will probably kill himself in some Darwinian style accident, or end up in juvenile detention...

I've lost the link to catch up with everyone. Can you drop me an email with it, dear fania?
:kiss:

How are all your lot? House quiet without Madame? :D

:lol: Ah, the joys :hug: They must be all growing like weeds with all that fresh air and sunshine out your way. :heart: Will do re link, there will be mucho rejoicing and killing of fatted calfs in preparation of your return :D

House is different. Still get a gazilion telephone calls, emails, voice messages, SMS's etc, etc (Whatever happened to yea good olde days when you left home and weren't heard of for 6 months except for random calls from telephone boxes :lol:). I miss her but I think what she is doing is fab-u-lous and am a very proud mamma. Good, for improvement, for her to also go play hockey somewhere else.

Platy's have always been poisonous. Well, the male of the species has. They have a spur on their hind leg which they use to fight each other with during mating season, but as they are very solitary this doesn't tend to happen that often. I think it is mainly used as a grooming tool :lol: (Someone must have been having a joke during the design process).

Last time I went to the zoo I was about 8 years old. And I got lost. For about 10 minutes, till my mother found me. I've been a bit off looking at wild animals since... :( (Traumatised, I was, traumatised!)

Trail a ball of string (red is good, stands out) and that way you could find your way out again:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom