Let's talk about Australia. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 02:51 AM   #46
45:33

Local Time: 03:21 PM
the Grampians are also really cool. we used to stay at Halls Gap a lot, they have a huge caravan park that blends into the surrounding fields, with no fence, so you can go exploring and you get kangaroos coming up to the cabins and shit.

great place to be apart from the beach in summer.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:54 AM   #47
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
and i am desperately, desperately hoping Roy & HG will be all over it.

YouTube - ‪The Dream: Roy and HG on Eric 'The Eel' Moussambani‬‎

also feel free to talk about anything Australia, those were just some dumb questions that came to my head.

that the type of thing you're talking about...

i have a "friend" who constantly invites me to join the "fuck off we're full" group on facebook.
they tend to honour the dead over there in Australia too- literally! by dead it means they live on - as ghosts!

they dress like the ghosts (white apparel) in their honour:

Old 08-05-2010, 05:14 AM   #48

you know what's actually not a bad show? the 7pm Project. i can actually put up with Dave Hughes.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:57 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:21 AM
Quote:
i've heard a place called "scubar" is pretty good?

Wait, are you joking? It's just a popular bar for backpackers, underneath a huge hostel next to Central Station. There's nothing good about it - complete dive - although it is permanently packed with trashed backpackers, who umm, can be a bit carefree with their affections, if that's what you're after.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:07 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post

Wait, are you joking? It's just a popular bar for backpackers, underneath a huge hostel next to Central Station. There's nothing good about it - complete dive - although it is permanently packed with trashed backpackers, who umm, can be a bit carefree with their affections, if that's what you're after.
a mate of mine (same age) went there with his TAFE class, he had a blast. said they had decent music, cheap drinks, entertaining things to do inside, and of course, that side of it. we were thinking about making a trip up to Sydney Cup weekend.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:13 AM   #51
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:21 PM
i've heard your drinking stories, you'll die.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #52
Refugee

Local Time: 11:21 PM
Australia:

Great females.

UK at night.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #53
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post

that pic
. . . you really should try and get up there . . . you can fly in to the gold coast and it's about an hours drive along the new highway . . . we usually drive . . . from sydney its 11.5 hours . . . hoping to get back there early january for a bit of chill time

Quote:
you know what's actually not a bad show? the 7pm Project. i can actually put up with Dave Hughes.
Yeah, don't mind it either . . . tis actually a show that me and my 3 ratbags watch together . . . its a good starting point to get them interested in the news of the day and Dave doesn't annoy me here because he isn't shouting as much these days . . . being a daddy has chilled him a modicum . . . the doctor dude does my head in though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando- View Post
Australia:

Great females.

UK at night.
the first bit . . . naturally . . . the 2nd bit . . . please explain <confused>

ps . . . you thought I was american . . . it's this upside down body clock of mine . . . and I think you'll find there would be a number of our US compatriats who would be disappointed in a remake of the dragon girl trilogy too . . . my
Old 08-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #54
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplereign View Post
the first bit . . . naturally . . . the 2nd bit . . . please explain <confused>

ps . . . you thought I was american . . . it's this upside down body clock of mine . . . and I think you'll find there would be a number of our US compatriats who would be disappointed in a remake of the dragon girl trilogy too . . . my
That flag, it's like the UK flag and the stars make it look like it's the night. I know, it's pretty stupid, random, pointless.

Yeah, you're usually online at the same time as the North Americans. And I thought that as well, but still, a lot of people are up for the remakes, and they wouldn't be doing them if they were so against the idea in the first place right?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #55
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

ah, I see

and yes, I have a wonky body clock . . . early early morning here is the only time I can put the mummy hat on the shelf . . . evenings are for the fam . . . although I do miss hanging out with the aussie/nz posse . . . they're a fine ole bunch

and as for the re-make . . . the only reason they are being made is to fill the coffers of the studios . . . which is a shame . . . I know it's not a new thing, and I know that I have seen my fair share of european films that have been remade but still . . . these films aren't broken and it's a shame that the movie studios aren't willing to invest a little more of their advertising budgets in them . . . <this should really be in the movie thread>

back on topic

robertson . . . in the southern highlands is gorgeous . . . teeny tiny little place famous for potatoes, and nathan hindmarsh (random rugby league reference) . . . great pub, gorgeously converted ex - cheese factory that now houses quirky little shops . . . close to farms and near enough to Bowral so that if you need a 'city fix' you can get one . . . could easily be a day trip but best to spend at least a weekend
Old 08-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #56
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplereign View Post
ah, I see

and yes, I have a wonky body clock . . . early early morning here is the only time I can put the mummy hat on the shelf . . . evenings are for the fam . . . although I do miss hanging out with the aussie/nz posse . . . they're a fine ole bunch

and as for the re-make . . . the only reason they are being made is to fill the coffers of the studios . . . which is a shame . . . I know it's not a new thing, and I know that I have seen my fair share of european films that have been remade but still . . . these films aren't broken and it's a shame that the movie studios aren't willing to invest a little more of their advertising budgets in them . . . <this should really be in the movie thread>

back on topic

robertson . . . in the southern highlands is gorgeous . . . teeny tiny little place famous for potatoes, and nathan hindmarsh (random rugby league reference) . . . great pub, gorgeously converted ex - cheese factory that now houses quirky little shops . . . close to farms and near enough to Bowral so that if you need a 'city fix' you can get one . . . could easily be a day trip but best to spend at least a weekend
Do you ever get to sleep?

By the way... The flag remark isn't part of my material. I think it was Jerry Seinfeld the one who said that.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #57
Refugee

Australia:

Beautiful women and great actresses.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #58
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

^ she is divine . . . classy classy lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando- View Post
Do you ever get to sleep?
some of us just don't need quite as much as others
Old 08-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #59
Refugee

one of the football teams in Australia found this a fashionable item

Old 08-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashedCarDriver View Post
one of the football teams in Australia found this a fashionable item

I agree with you but are you just going to complain about Australian in this thread? Because it seems you are very unhappy with your country.