Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 05:32 AM   #526
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
If you require assistance in regurgitation, I recommend reading the comments on any Australian news article pertaining to the Christmas Island boat crash. 27 people have died but
And Tony's "action contract" would have solved it. Many would die at the hands of oppression, depression, starvation, exposure etc etc. We just wouldn't have to see it.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:34 AM   #527
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Reminds me of the two camping trips I've been on with my best mates and a few others. The topic inevitably turns to immigrants, and Indians, and Asians, and so on, and the talk becomes incredibly xenophobic. "Bring Pauline Hanson back," they cry. I hate it. I just sit there in silence thinking of something else until they're done.
You need to get new friends.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:34 AM   #528
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
You need to get new friends.
My name is Dan Smee, and I approve this message
Old 12-15-2010, 05:38 AM   #529
Blue Crack Addict

I would never tolerate a supporter or even anyone who says something that supports anything that Pauline Hanson stands for.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #530
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I would never tolerate a supporter or even anyone who says something that supports anything that Pauline Hanson stands for.
I respect difference in my friends, but that is frankly unacceptable.

In my old community they are protesting a mosque being built. They are claiming that it is on 'planning issue grounds', but at the closed door community meeting, people were discussing the concerns they had by allowing 'that element' into the community.

Pricks.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #531
45:33

Nah, they're good mates, they just have some questionable opinions. Sometimes they're fun to argue with (gay marriage) but usually I can tune out.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:45 AM   #532
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
I respect difference in my friends, but that is frankly unacceptable.

In my old community they are protesting a mosque being built. They are claiming that it is on 'planning issue grounds', but at the closed door community meeting, people were discussing the concerns they had by allowing 'that element' into the community.

Pricks.
Again, that's awful. You can tell yourself it ain't true as much as you want but in reality there are a lot of uneducated people (I'll refrain from using the term 'bogan' because I use it way too much.) who are racist and homophobic and everything. I'll try not too act like your ordinary grandmother and just say why can't everyone just get along.

Quote:
Nah, they're good mates, they just have some questionable opinions. Sometimes they're fun to argue with (gay marriage) but usually I can tune out.
Don't tell me they oppose gay marriage? If so, then my original statement regarding your friends x1000.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:51 AM   #533
ONE
love, blood, life

The ONLY people that would have a MILD reason to object are religious leaders who believe that marriage is still a religious institution. However, they missed the boat with civil unions for man-woman couples, and therefore any complaints they make ARE based on gender differences opposed in the 'book of fairies and talking snakes' along with dictating the penalty for having an impediment of sight being stoned to death, rather than preserving the meaning of the WORD marriage.

They would have more credibility if they didnt believe that there can be no civil union, whatever it be named for same sex couples.

In the most secular community in the westernised world, the "moral" objection claimed by the religious groups is laughable. Their 'morals' are irrelevant to any sort of progressive culture that a large number of Australians (those who flocked from Labor to the Greens in the last election) are trying to engender.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:55 AM   #534
45:33

I can't believe homosexual marriage isn't legal everywhere in first world countries in the 21st century.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:57 AM   #535
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I can't believe homosexual marriage isn't legal everywhere in first world countries in the 21st century.
Blame the breeding conservative types. Don't these guys protest against abortion? Ugh.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:59 AM   #536
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Absolutely.

To be honest, I think we can nip it in the bud by calling anything that isn't a strictly religious arrangement something else, be it same sex or otherwise. Give them "marriage". Who cares. Call it legally "Civil Union". I call my marriage, my 'civil union' now. Who cares what it's called. It will out any groups as the homophobes they are.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:01 AM   #537
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Blame the breeding conservative types. Don't these guys protest against abortion? Ugh.
Yes they do. So unwanted, unneeded babies that cannot possibly be adequately cared for are born into a life where they have no real chance, and are drip-fed fear based belief systems that poison their brains into believing that a person is less of a person based on innate and natural sexual preferences that.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:04 AM   #538
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
Yes they do. So unwanted, unneeded babies that cannot possibly be adequately cared for are born into a life where they have no real chance, and are drip-fed fear based belief systems that poison their brains into believing that a person is less of a person based on innate and natural sexual preferences that.
Thought so. It's sickening at the very least. So much for being progressive, there's a lot we can learn from other nations.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #539
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:46 PM
I have twice - once in Perth, once in Brisbane - only narrowly avoided getting my head kicked in by One Nation supporters back in the late 90s when she/they were big(ish.)

Honestly, I wouldn't let anyone near me with those attitudes. If anyone I knew even mildly sympathised, I wouldn't be silent, I'd strongly tell them where they could shove it.

Specifically on the refugee thing, I think the way both parties have hyped it and used it purely for dog whistling to something far, far, far more sinister and a far greater 'threat' to this country, is absolutely foul.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #540
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:46 PM
And right on cue, WikiLeaks drops this one:

WikiLeaks