Let's talk about Australia. - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-08-2010, 01:45 AM   #496
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,011
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Yeah, in the Adelaide foothills. Although I should consider myself lucky that my home is on a upward slope (albeit the most minimal of margins) so it's quite unlikely that it would flood.
__________________

__________________
Vlad n U 2 is online now  
Old 12-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #497
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,960
Local Time: 10:24 PM
Dear Australians,

While randomly troubleshooting an issue on an Australian order for our Customer Service department at work today, I noticed the order's address was to a street called, "Blackbutt Way".

I, and everyone who sits near me, laughed about it for about 10 minutes. I then looked it up to see if it was a legit address, and learned this is the name of a tree in Australia. Please tell me this tree is joked about, if not, I am disappointed in you.

Thank you.
__________________

__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 12-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #498
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,019
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Have you seen the amount of ludicrous names we've come across in America in the superthreads?

Anyway I came in here to say that THANK FUCK someone finally knocked Anthony Mundine the FUCK out. Shame he didn't break his jaw properly so that he can never speak again.
__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 12-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #499
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Dear Australians,

While randomly troubleshooting an issue on an Australian order for our Customer Service department at work today, I noticed the order's address was to a street called, "Blackbutt Way".

I, and everyone who sits near me, laughed about it for about 10 minutes. I then looked it up to see if it was a legit address, and learned this is the name of a tree in Australia. Please tell me this tree is joked about, if not, I am disappointed in you.

Thank you.
would you like to wash down the laughter with some coon cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Anyway I came in here to say that THANK FUCK someone finally knocked Anthony Mundine the FUCK out. Shame he didn't break his jaw properly so that he can never speak again.
he didn't get hit hard enough.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 01:38 AM   #500
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
would you like to wash down the laughter with some coon cheese?
Tempted to post a link to the Queenslander athlete statue with that nickname. Good lord I hate this country sometimes.

And I hate Anthony Mundine too, so it's good to see he got his comeuppance.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 02:01 AM   #501
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,005
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Have you read the back of a Coon cheese pack? "Australians don't say 'cheese', they say 'Coon'!"

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 02:58 AM   #502
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 2,710
Local Time: 12:24 PM
Hopefully, Blackbutt Way isn't in Innaloo...
__________________
Tania is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #503
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Puppy love: man marries a real dog | Offbeat | Weird News, Odd and Freaky Stories in Toowoomba | Toowoomba Chronicle

Is it wrong that I found this more touching than anything else? It's chaste, and the dog looks so damn happy! I approved of it even more when I saw the angry Christian traditionalists in the comments section.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #504
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,960
Local Time: 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
Hopefully, Blackbutt Way isn't in Innaloo...
Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
would you like to wash down the laughter with some coon cheese?
Is that legit?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Have you seen the amount of ludicrous names we've come across in America in the superthreads?
Not laughing at Australia's expense, just wondering if it's something that's also commonly made fun of in AUS. I thoroughly enjoyed my two trips to Australia, and quite like Australians, believe it or not. Also, I hate backpacker scum.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #505
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 12,812
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Puppy love: man marries a real dog | Offbeat | Weird News, Odd and Freaky Stories in Toowoomba | Toowoomba Chronicle

Is it wrong that I found this more touching than anything else? It's chaste, and the dog looks so damn happy! I approved of it even more when I saw the angry Christian traditionalists in the comments section.
And we still don't let gay people get married
__________________
dan_smee is online now  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #506
Loungeroom Dancing Queen
 
Purplereign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where I can Breathe . . . and it's Magnificent
Posts: 24,782
Local Time: 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee

And we still don't let gay people get married
__________________
'You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Purplereign is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #507
Loungeroom Dancing Queen
 
Purplereign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where I can Breathe . . . and it's Magnificent
Posts: 24,782
Local Time: 02:24 PM
and just because I thought of this thread as I was wandering through the dairy aisle this morn

Attached Thumbnails
image-2842107203.jpg  
__________________
'You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Purplereign is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #508
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,019
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Not laughing at Australia's expense, just wondering if it's something that's also commonly made fun of in AUS. I thoroughly enjoyed my two trips to Australia, and quite like Australians, believe it or not. Also, I hate backpacker scum.
i know, hence why i added the

would you believe i live about five minutes from Cobbledicks Rd?
__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 12-11-2010, 01:00 AM   #509
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Is that legit?!
Enjoy COON at breakfast, lunch, dinner, slice it for sandwiches, melt it in jaffles or toasties

/
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #510
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplereign View Post
and just because I thought of this thread as I was wandering through the dairy aisle this morn

Tangy tasting Cheddar is your tastiest cheese? I'm so, so sorry!
__________________

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com