Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vlad n U 2 said:
OH MY GOD THE HUMIDITY OH MY GOD THE HUMIDITY OH MY GOD THE HUMIDITY WORSE THAN ANY 35+ DEGREE DAY.

I think that describes my feelings perfectly.

Humidity????? I thought you were in Adelaide, home of horrendous heat sans the 'yes i shall stab you in the eye if you so much as breathe in my direction' horror that is humidity?

I prescribe beer - coopers if you have it but icy cold whatever your particular poison :)

. . . is it just me or would someone else quite like to see a cyclonic wind pick up a rusty post box and smack Leila McKinnon in the head with it?

No, it's just me :shrug: . . . this heat, it's making me stabby :grumpy:

Just because it isn't a usual occurance doesn't mean it never happens. :wink:

Purplereign said:
. . . is it just me or would someone else quite like to see a cyclonic wind pick up a rusty post box and smack Leila McKinnon in the head with it?

You are not the only one! I hate that bitch! Ever since she did that interview with that Corey Worthington idiot - "take off your glasses and apologise!"

Werribee is under siege from mother nature! No Yasi obviously but this is by a long way the most extreme weather I've ever experienced.

Just because it isn't a usual occurance doesn't mean it never happens. :wink:

:sad: but, but, but I want to remember Adelaide as the one place I can go and still have good hair . . . even in the heat *flicks hair over princess shoulders and sulks off* :laugh:

You are not the only one! I hate that bitch! Ever since she did that interview with that Corey Worthington idiot - "take off your glasses and apologise!"

Corey Worthington :panic: . . . and McKinnon :scream: she is just staggeringly awful and I want to switch her off but I just can not look away! Her lack of empathy, particularly in the last few weeks as she has 'covered' the awfulness that has unfolded in queensland, just absolutely flaws me . . . she described the mess that was the mariner in Caldwell as 'stunning' with a big fat smile on her smug little kisser . . .gah . . . I won't start because somebody will get hurt :reject:

Werribee is under siege from mother nature! No Yasi obviously but this is by a long way the most extreme weather I've ever experienced.

:( stay safe

Agreed. And can that same box take out Mel, Kochie, Karl and anyone else on commercial tv who has used the words "Aussie spirit" in the last month...

And PR, this humidity in Adelbrain has not only addled my brain but my hair as well. :sad:
:looks for large hat:

On the point of Julia Gillard's voice, she actually took elocution lessons. Back in the day, apparently some focus group tests were done and the ALP found that people reacted quite negatively to her voice, despite liking what she was saying. Her accent was considered a liability. Hence the elocution lessons to tone it down. I was watching an old episode of The Chaser the other day where Julian Morrow confronts her and the difference in her voice is striking.

(Funny how this worked the other way in the US re: Hillary Clinton '08 ...)

Huh, amazed to see the reports of flash flooding around Melbourne. Last night was a total non-event here in the inner north. There was some brief heavy rain, occasional thunder, and that was it.

God I wish it rained here. It was 43C yesterday, 42C today. The southerly is supposed to come through tonight ending the heatwave. I don't think it's been under 36C for over a week?

Good lord!

It's a pleasant 18C and somewhat sunny in Melbourne's north right now. It was even cooler when I went out for a walk this morning; the Bureau informs me it was between 14.5 and 16.7. It felt positively autumnal.

That said, there were a few fairly substantial tree limbs lying around as a reminder of the recent wild weather.

By the by, the Sandringham railway line has been closed since Friday evening. I've seen pictures of Windsor railway station - the cutting is flooded, close to platform height. It looks like a canal! They should run some gondolas, Venice-style, to replace the trains.

GNW? I gave up on that somewhere through its first resurrected season on 10. Mikey Robbins is too annoying, the guests usually too unfunny, and the forced commercial tie-ins can just be painful.

Just about any comedy is edgier when it's on ABC relative to the commercial networks, without the shackles of corporate sponsorship or being under the thumb of commercial interests. I've always admired The Chaser for sticking with the ABC despite the substantial sums of money offered to them by the commercials.

I'm a huge Paul McDermott fan, even if it did take Bonnie about three times to convince me he wasn't gay.

going to the comedy festival again this year, with the same chick i go with every year. we see Jason Bourne and Wil Anderson (if you don't like him but have never seen a full show of his, please go see him, his TV performances don't do him justice) every year but she wants to go see Josh Thomas as well... i probably will, just cos she's such an awesome chick so any excuse to hang out again is a good one! :D

on triple j's facebook: "HACK: Smoking weed as a teenager can bring on mental health problems at a younger age according to new research. An Aussie study has found marijuana users experienced psychosis 2.7 years earlier than non-cannabis users. Does this make you re-think or want to cut down on your weed smoking?"

375 comments in an hour :lol: the j-fags youth of today really do know everything.

‎"Mexico is calling for legalisation to take the money away from the criminals. The world is ready for the change, it's just last generations politicians that aren't."

these types of comments are a good example of why i never speak about politics and things in general that i don't know enough about. to my knowledge, Mexico's drug problem runs a fair bit deeper than that...

Wil Anderson (if you don't like him but have never seen a full show of his, please go see him, his TV performances don't do him justice)

Yeah? Because he's pretty damn good on The Gruen Transfer ...

Yeah? Because he's pretty damn good on The Gruen Transfer ...

forgot about that. yeah he is. i think before Gruen Transfer a lot of people didn't like him because they'd only seen his gala performances, or a guest spot on GNW or something, and they just say he swears a lot and uses low-brow humour. but he's very smart and i won't forget his show two years ago when he'd just broken up with the love of his life after six years, it was quite touching.

Ben Elton tonight - should be interesting. Will watch because he is married to a Freo person (not that I think he isn't witty or clever or anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom