Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well shit, just when I thought nobody I knew lived up in northern QLD any more, it turns out we have a friend up there and they didn't have time to evacuate, so they're bunkering down. Didn't know her well myself, but she did help me get my first place in Melbourne ...

well it's category five now... tipped to be as destructive as Katrina (though i don't think 1200 people will die).

good catch axver. :lol:

If I'm not mistaken, Katrina was down to Cat 3 by the time it hit Louisiana, so who knows what kind of destruction could be wrought at Cairns. Unreal.

Effin Q is screwed

Sounds like the evacuation system up there has been orderly and exceptionally well managed.

Apparently the full area of the storm is almost as big as North America.

Predictions the cyclone will hit Mt Isa/NT border on Friday as a category one storm.

Not much in the way of reports yet from the worst-hit areas ... that's kind of ominous. What the hell has happened there?

Looks like it won't quite get to Mt Isa/NT as a category one now - the Bureau's latest forecast shows it changing from category one to a severe low just shy of Mt Isa. Apparently right now it's well inland and still a category three, fucking hell.

Glad to see noone has been hurt, according to all reports. However, please get Mel and Kochie, and Karl and co out of FNQ.

Haven't the people suffered enough!!!!!! :scream:

I'm expecting the injury/death toll to go up once they can actually get to some areas ... perhaps a pessimistic outlook, but I'm sure I'm not the only one amongst us who can remember other disasters with initial reports of "luckily, no deaths reported yet", only for the toll to start climbing a few hours later. Here's hoping it does stay firmly on zero though. This is, after all, an area pretty prepared for this kind of shit. I'd be far more worried if it had struck further south.

And here's a great link that puts this into perspective for anybody overseas: Cyclone Yasi in perspective | Stuff.co.nz

That's right, this thing would've taken out all of New Zealand, or all of a number of European countries. Shows you how fucking huge FNQ is.

does Joolia have the worst voice of all the PMs we've ever had? i mean it's great and all that someone from Melbourne's western suburbs other than Eddie has made something of themself, but fuck me it's horrendous.

It's changed since she became PM. She sounds more measured, too much so one might argue. It's almost like she can't be herself now that she's our PM, having to appease everyone from all sides of politics. Still reckon she's awesome, and the flood levy is a sweet little ditty, but kinda miss the Gillard of old, especially when she was in opposition, she was a fantastically loose canon, but always mauled the mugs on Howard's front bench every time. Got evicted from Question Time a couple of times as well.

does Joolia have the worst voice of all the PMs we've ever had? i mean it's great and all that someone from Melbourne's western suburbs other than Eddie has made something of themself, but fuck me it's horrendous.

Look at Mooooie!

Seriously, if they ever start up a new series of kath & kim, she needs to be in it!

someone from Melbourne's western suburbs
*splutters incoherently*

I'll have you know that Our Jooolia grew up in Adelaide! Proud graduate of Unley High School (which is in a very middle class area, so don't know where the accent comes from). Born in Wales though, maybe that's it....

*back to yelling at kids on my lawn* :madwife:

She sounds especially odd/funny when she pops up on the UK news. And.... she.... speaks.... soooo..... slow...ly.

I'm not a fan. But I am not/was not a fan of Abbott, Rudd, Howard, Costello, Beazley, Latham (ha!) etc etc either so I guess you could say I just think the talent pool is pretty thin in general, to put it nicely. Turnbull would have been a fantastic PM if he actually had a party that thought like him, but he would have (as he did as Opposition leader) spent most of his time just fighting his own and because of that, likely getting nothing done.

blueeyedgirl said:
*splutters incoherently*

I'll have you know that Our Jooolia grew up in Adelaide! Proud graduate of Unley High School (which is in a very middle class area, so don't know where the accent comes from). Born in Wales though, maybe that's it....

*back to yelling at kids on my lawn* :madwife:

She's the member for our local area, thanks Shirty :tongue:

OH MY GOD THE HUMIDITY OH MY GOD THE HUMIDITY OH MY GOD THE HUMIDITY WORSE THAN ANY 35+ DEGREE DAY.

I think that describes my feelings perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom