Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't go there if I had to ...

... but I just remembered that's where my best friend lives. :wink:

Holy shit... are you saying that I may have seen the elusive Vlad? D:

And yeah, it's not the best suburb, but it's within reasonable distance to Glenelg, Marion and the city, so as a location it's pretty good.

Seriously guys, no stalkin'. I have a dog, and she'll run up to you and sit on your foot throw machetes at you.

Finally, some meteorological excitement for this side of the island - Cyclone Bianca is on her way and should wreck havoc on Sunday morning. :cute:

Wonder if this means no cricket for the kidlet? :|

Holy shit... are you saying that I may have seen the elusive Vlad? D:

And yeah, it's not the best suburb, but it's within reasonable distance to Glenelg, Marion and the city, so as a location it's pretty good.

Seriously guys, no stalkin'. I have a dog, and she'll run up to you and sit on your foot throw machetes at you.

There are some nice old houses (said best friend's house is ancient and has a massive roof) and then there's the hideous social housing. I used to live in Morphettville so it's nothing unfamiliar to me.

I'd like for your dog to sit on my foot. I like dogs.

I'd like for your dog to sit on my foot.
quagmire.gif

I do really like dogs. I mean, they're fluffy, they don't hate you and they're also very fluffy. :uhoh:

There was an Australian girl that sat next to me in one of my classes in college. I had a crush on her. Always thought about asking her out. Never did. I wonder what she's doing these days. Hopefully she's doing alright.

It was a really shitty media studies class. The professor was nice, though. I didn't learn a god damn thing.

There was an Australian girl that sat next to me in one of my classes in college. I had a crush on her. Always thought about asking her out. Never did. I wonder what she's doing these days. Hopefully she's doing alright.

It was a really shitty media studies class. The professor was nice, though. I didn't learn a god damn thing.

funny, the exact same thing happened to me.

See cobbler, this is where you're going wrong!

teach me!

Hi freaks. I can't believe this thread is still going.
:up:

i'm not a quitter!

can i just bring this up again. my two best mates. love them to death. but (and this is almost a direct result of me being an impressionable intereference regular) when they start talking about politics and shit like that... i hate it. seriously, if i could have recorded the conversation friday night and posted it here, i would have. one of them is opposed to gay marriage for :rolleyes: reasons - "people can be gay, but i don't wanna see 'em fucken [sic] makin' out in public and holding hands and shit" - and repeatedly said "vote for One Nation, it'll solve all the problems". the other one is more reasonable but is sort of a stereotypical experienced apprentice. by that i mean he thinks he is a man of the world. he was talking about politics, and the state of the world, and imports and exports to China, and who is going to be the next world power, and which countries have plans in place to do so. tradies "earn their money" whilst office workers "sit in a comfy airconditioned office all day". both are anti-asylum-seekers. "they take our jobs, they get all this extra money and get put up in houses by the government", the latter friend says (i'm paraphrasing). i try to reason and say like "well you know a lot of them are seeking asylum for a reason. their lives back home are far worse than you or i could ever imagine. the fact a lot of them died is a tragedy." but i just give up because i don't have enough knowledge of the situation to know what i'm talking about, so i'd rather just keep quiet than sprout offensive.

"you need new friends", yeah, well, not going to happen. as i said i love them both and despite our massive differences in this area, we get along. luckily this type of stuff comes up very rarely so i don't have to put up with listening to it.

Or punch them in the nuts.. I had a neighbor who was like that, he was coincidentally a builder. His wife was a substitute teacher who complained about the number of sudanese refugee children in her class who were lagging behind as their English wasn't too hot. He of course starts his rants with "I'm not racist, but..." and I just said "well, what do you think can help the people in Sudan then?" and he faltered, seriously, and mumbled " people in what?..." you know, where Sudanese folk come from, you great dumb redneck.

I also adore the "But they immigints stealin' our jobs!" thing. Maybe if you weren't such lazy bums you'd be able to get one before they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom