Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and just because I thought of this thread as I was wandering through the dairy aisle this morn

:der:

The Sad Punk, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of sevYOU DON'T HAVE PREMIUM

Bah humbug, I oughta get that fixed sometime.

GG2, we have wicked cheese here, make no mistake.

You simply haven't lived if you haven't had cheese from King Island or Yea.

so getting back to bogans, i'm working at the servo last night and some bloke without any plates comes screaming in and pulls up at pump four. he realises the unleaded pump is out of order and so he tries to reverse back to pump two, but someone else has pulled up there. so he floors it round to pump nine, and hits a pole with his left front in the process. gets out of his car and starts going off at the bloke on pump two, "you didn't think to fuckin' move back you stupid fuckin' cunt? huh? now look at me fuckin car!! your (sic) a fuckin idiot mate!!" once the bloke on pump two has calmed down he comes in and pays for his fuel and starts mouthing off to the other bloke as he drives off. beautiful expletives such as those mentioned and colourful others fill the air.

sometimes it is really hard to believe that people like this actually exist, but let me assure you, they do.

edit, i also saw a bloke the other day with car sticker "unless your a haemorrhoid get off my arse!!"

that he went to the lengths to ensure haemorrhoid was spelt properly, but obviously knew he had his grammar right, was just stunning.

so getting back to bogans, i'm working at the servo last night and some bloke without any plates comes screaming in and pulls up at pump four. he realises the unleaded pump is out of order and so he tries to reverse back to pump two, but someone else has pulled up there. so he floors it round to pump nine, and hits a pole with his left front in the process. gets out of his car and starts going off at the bloke on pump two, "you didn't think to fuckin' move back you stupid fuckin' cunt? huh? now look at me fuckin car!! your (sic) a fuckin idiot mate!!" once the bloke on pump two has calmed down he comes in and pays for his fuel and starts mouthing off to the other bloke as he drives off. beautiful expletives such as those mentioned and colourful others fill the air.

sometimes it is really hard to believe that people like this actually exist, but let me assure you, they do.

edit, i also saw a bloke the other day with car sticker "unless your a haemorrhoid get off my arse!!"

that he went to the lengths to ensure haemorrhoid was spelt properly, but obviously knew he had his grammar right, was just stunning.

It's very sad, they can be very intimidating "people" at the best of times.

This is beautiful, particularly the bumper sticker.

If you require assistance in regurgitation, I recommend reading the comments on any Australian news article pertaining to the Christmas Island boat crash. 27 people have died but

Why do you not stand on a jetty and wave at them with flowers and a centrelink cheque Julia? You have made Australia a haven for these people and they will just keep coming and coming until someone has the balls to turn them around and send them home. We are sending the wrong message.

This is what happens when a pathetically weak govt does not have the guts to take decisive action that actually stops these poor people from coming here. Now youve got blood on your hands.

Men first, followed by wives, children, cousins, nephews, nieces, next door neighbours, associates, school mates, political members, soccer players, religious leaders........

Reminds me of the two camping trips I've been on with my best mates and a few others. The topic inevitably turns to immigrants, and Indians, and Asians, and so on, and the talk becomes incredibly xenophobic. "Bring Pauline Hanson back," they cry. I hate it. I just sit there in silence thinking of something else until they're done.

If you require assistance in regurgitation, I recommend reading the comments on any Australian news article pertaining to the Christmas Island boat crash. 27 people have died but

And Tony's "action contract" would have solved it. Many would die at the hands of oppression, depression, starvation, exposure etc etc. We just wouldn't have to see it.

Reminds me of the two camping trips I've been on with my best mates and a few others. The topic inevitably turns to immigrants, and Indians, and Asians, and so on, and the talk becomes incredibly xenophobic. "Bring Pauline Hanson back," they cry. I hate it. I just sit there in silence thinking of something else until they're done.

You need to get new friends. :yes:

:hi5:

I would never tolerate a supporter or even anyone who says something that supports anything that Pauline Hanson stands for.

:hi5:

I would never tolerate a supporter or even anyone who says something that supports anything that Pauline Hanson stands for.

I respect difference in my friends, but that is frankly unacceptable.

In my old community they are protesting a mosque being built. They are claiming that it is on 'planning issue grounds', but at the closed door community meeting, people were discussing the concerns they had by allowing 'that element' into the community.

Pricks.

Nah, they're good mates, they just have some questionable opinions. Sometimes they're fun to argue with (gay marriage) but usually I can tune out.

I respect difference in my friends, but that is frankly unacceptable.

In my old community they are protesting a mosque being built. They are claiming that it is on 'planning issue grounds', but at the closed door community meeting, people were discussing the concerns they had by allowing 'that element' into the community.

Pricks.

Again, that's awful. You can tell yourself it ain't true as much as you want but in reality there are a lot of uneducated people (I'll refrain from using the term 'bogan' because I use it way too much.) who are racist and homophobic and everything. I'll try not too act like your ordinary grandmother and just say why can't everyone just get along.

Nah, they're good mates, they just have some questionable opinions. Sometimes they're fun to argue with (gay marriage) but usually I can tune out.

Don't tell me they oppose gay marriage? If so, then my original statement regarding your friends x1000.

The ONLY people that would have a MILD reason to object are religious leaders who believe that marriage is still a religious institution. However, they missed the boat with civil unions for man-woman couples, and therefore any complaints they make ARE based on gender differences opposed in the 'book of fairies and talking snakes' along with dictating the penalty for having an impediment of sight being stoned to death, rather than preserving the meaning of the WORD marriage.

They would have more credibility if they didnt believe that there can be no civil union, whatever it be named for same sex couples.

In the most secular community in the westernised world, the "moral" objection claimed by the religious groups is laughable. Their 'morals' are irrelevant to any sort of progressive culture that a large number of Australians (those who flocked from Labor to the Greens in the last election) are trying to engender.

I can't believe homosexual marriage isn't legal everywhere in first world countries in the 21st century.

Blame the breeding conservative types. Don't these guys protest against abortion? Ugh.

I can't believe homosexual marriage isn't legal everywhere in first world countries in the 21st century.

Absolutely.

To be honest, I think we can nip it in the bud by calling anything that isn't a strictly religious arrangement something else, be it same sex or otherwise. Give them "marriage". Who cares. Call it legally "Civil Union". I call my marriage, my 'civil union' now. Who cares what it's called. It will out any groups as the homophobes they are.

Blame the breeding conservative types. Don't these guys protest against abortion? Ugh.

Yes they do. So unwanted, unneeded babies that cannot possibly be adequately cared for are born into a life where they have no real chance, and are drip-fed fear based belief systems that poison their brains into believing that a person is less of a person based on innate and natural sexual preferences that.

Yes they do. So unwanted, unneeded babies that cannot possibly be adequately cared for are born into a life where they have no real chance, and are drip-fed fear based belief systems that poison their brains into believing that a person is less of a person based on innate and natural sexual preferences that.

Thought so. It's sickening at the very least. So much for being progressive, there's a lot we can learn from other nations.

I have twice - once in Perth, once in Brisbane - only narrowly avoided getting my head kicked in by One Nation supporters back in the late 90s when she/they were big(ish.)

Honestly, I wouldn't let anyone near me with those attitudes. If anyone I knew even mildly sympathised, I wouldn't be silent, I'd strongly tell them where they could shove it.

Specifically on the refugee thing, I think the way both parties have hyped it and used it purely for dog whistling to something far, far, far more sinister and a far greater 'threat' to this country, is absolutely foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom