Ladies, where do you buy your jeans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
I have been trying to replace my special pair of jeans for nearly 2 years, you know the favorite pair that you wear threadbare and then kick yourself for not buying two pair. I've looked at all the places where I get my other clothes but no luck. I'm specifically looking for a lighter wash, boot cut or flare (not super wide), casual, with patch pockets or slant pockets in front, no weird embellishments like big tabs, buttons, creases along the front, whiskers, etc. Nothign vintage or boutique, just a plain pair of jeans for fucks sake!! Size 2-4 (USA) possibly tall/long, depends on how they are sized.

I've tried Gap, Lucky, Old Navy, True Religion, J Crew....

Recommend me some shops/brands. It's hard to go almost 2 years without a jean brand loyalty :wink:

I would not be surprised if you bought your groceries on eBay!

I've been looking there forever and have a major headache. Watching two pairs that I want but aren't what I need, lol. I type in what I want and it gets 0 finds so I let eBay change the search and I get hundreds that have nothing to do with what I want (like, a jean skort for a baby, lol).

Yeah, since there are tons of jeans on ebay you need to refine your search and also try multiple search keyword combinations. Like I would search for myself 'low rise flare jeans 2' and then next search change the 2 to 4 or put in a brand name, etc. And make sure once the search results come up to choose 'womens' on the left hand side, so you dont get the baby stuff.

I buy most of my jeans at a local consignment shop that has awesome stuff. My current favorite jeans are J. Jill and I like them because they're not too low-rise and not the old high-waisted mom jeans, either. I also had a pair of the Gap jeans that were my absolute favorite pair until they finally died a holey death. I think they were called "long and lean," which was weird because they were more of a boot cut.

I'm short so I have to watch for the petite sizes or ankle length. I love the low-rise jeans because they fit so easily on me ... but I struggle to find shirts long enough to cover up the muffin top. :reject:

I haven't been shopping for new jeans in a while - I should go look around and see what's out there. Surely there's something in between the ultra-high rise and the low riders out there these days.

New York & Company, Express, & GAP

I prefer NY & Co., because their prices are cheaper than the other two. I only go to the others because they have more of a selection than NY & Co., even though they can be really pricey.

Pearl, I like NY&Co, but have trouble finding stuff b/c their stuff is always so...I don't know how to say it, but it's like each pair is totally different with big flares or huge pockets or buttons...I just want yer basic pair of jeans. I do get plain chinos from there though.

For my "casual" jeans (so stuff I'd wear around town not going clubbing or anything like that), I almost always buy Silver jeans. They fit me well, have enough styles/washes, are ok priced for that sort of thing.

I also like Diesel, but they are a bit pricier.

I have another pair I like from Express, but the stitching on the pockets and seams irritates my skin and drives me batty. Plus, those are a little longer, which means I have to wear them with some type of heel. For looks, that's awesome. For comfort, not so much.

Bear in mind I'm 5'2", so "longer" is relative. ;)

But I think they're meant to be long, even in the ankle-length pairs.

I get a lot of mine on Ebay as well. I wear a lot of American Eagle ones. The AE tall flares are great for me. I love Paige jeans too but they're super pricey.

I have so much trouble finding jeans I like that aren't "distressed" though. My office is pretty casual but really, I can't wear jeans with the hems shredded and the knees blown out to work. :huh:

Bear in mind I'm 5'2", so "longer" is relative. ;)

But I think they're meant to be long, even in the ankle-length pairs.

That's good though b/c I wear regular and they are sometimes about 1/2 inch too short depending on my shoes, but not short enough where a tall or long would fit (those go over my feet).

neutral, someone told me to try AE b/c they are a bit longer than Gap or Old Navy but I had the same problem, EVERY single pair I picked up was distressed and had actual holes in it! Some had paint splattered on it. I can get away with jeans at work but not like that.

I get mine at Hollister, NY & Co. Kohl's, Aeropostle. I have 2 pairs of Edun jeans too. I'm not big on shopping and buying clothes

True Religion and Rock and Republic are good, high end brands that are comfy enough for daily wear, I buy those at Metropark. If the fit is perfect, I sometimes buy another pair online in the same style but different shade/detailing. Seven For All Mankind is a great brand for daily wear, they're pretty comfy and available at Nordstrom and Saks... some Macys carries them too.

If only I could find the perfect jean :grumpy:
I can't afford to even look at the pricey ones. I bought a couple of pairs around Christmas from Levi's, but they are sort of stretchy (can't think of the word), but it seems like they fit fine at first, but now feel too big even after a few minutes of wearing them. I could literally pull them off my body while zipped up :angry:

I may have to look for a good ol' pair of 501s. I never even thought about buying online or ebay. I need to try before I buy. I did have a pair of Gap jeans that I loved, but I can't even get them over my thighs now :sad:

Juicy, Guess.. My friend told me True Religion make the booty look fab :wink: Might have to try those.

I buy mine at Jeanswest, but I think they're only in Australia. :reject:

fitsbest!

*shakingmetalboard*

:love:
I just got over a 6 month dummy spit at jeans, and found my perfect pair at Jeanswest in a suburb I don't shop in. The Jeanswest in the Plaza just didn't have any that fit me. The Druey on the other hand? Perfect!
:coocoo:

Back
Top Bottom