Ladies, where do you buy your jeans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I am going to the mall tonight. Someone told me to try Walmart b/c she said they have what I'm looking for. I think I'll go to the bank over lunch to order more checks and maybe try Walmart (it's a ways out, we don't really have them in town but it's near the bank).

Run away from Walmart jeans. They fall apart instantly. There's a reason why they are only $20.

I went over lunch break and they didn't have jeans in that brand anyway.

I went to Old Navy since it was on the way....nothing fit (well, the trouser cut jeans fit perfect but of course they are dark wash and I already have a gazillion of those!). I think I figured out why I hate the typical 5-pocket jeans - the thighs are always too tight (not too tight to wear, but too tight for me personally). I tried a 4 long and they fit fine through the waist/hips, in fact a few of my other size 4s get too baggy in the front, but all of the 5-pocket type felt tight in the thigh. I guess I have thunder thighs! So I tried a 6 regular and they felt better in the leg but looked like maternity pants up top. The ones that are more of the "trouser cut" fit fine, they were really comfortable and I thought they looked better. But...no light washes.

I'm a fan of the j. jill authentic cut. rise isnt super low and they come in tall length. I need a 34-35" inseam. They're great because they have boot and skinny legs, lots of washes, colors and also come in cord and velveteen. Best thing is they regularly go on sale at a really great price.

Most of my jeans that fit me best are Topshop jeans. :love: Not very helpful to you though as you can only buy them in their New York store or from the TS website. :reject:

Hope you find another paid that are just right for you. :hug:

Mossimo's are odd-number sized right? Maybe I'll try them again since the other places I shop are even numbered and I'm often right between sizes.

I need long length because I'm tall. The best fitting ones I have found are, believe it or not-JC Penney's St John's Bay brand (but the new ones don't fit me half as well as they used to..I hate when they mess with a good thing) and Style and Co brand from Macy's (but the sizing is weird on those too, I tried on the same size that I have in the blue denim in black and they were way too tight). I also like Lee One True Fit.

We have a Hollister but I'm scared to go in there! Hmmm.....

I had no luck yesterday and will probably look again this weekend.

Hollisters uses the odd numbered sizing. They've got regular washes as well as the crazy distressed/ripped looking ones. Bootcut, flare & skinny. I'm 5'7" and usually wear 5 regular and am fine.

Finding jeans that fit is a pain! Hope you find what you're looking for! :hug:

This thread makes me want to go shopping and I can't because I have to save money for Ireland

Mossimo was a no-go. Way too tight in the leg. Like I said I must have thunder thighs or something. I don't like my jeans super tight b/c I don't have a nice butt, if I had a nice ass I'd show it off more but it's flat. I tried on an 8 b/c that's all they had. It was tight in the knee but of course gaping at the hips/waist.

I found these on Lucky's site and they are pretty close to what I want (I'd prefer not to have the tab pocket, just the patch pocket). The Buckle in the mall carries Lucky so I'll check it out but I'm not sure I can spend $120 on a single pair of pants.
http://www.luckybrand.com/cImages/Website_0/type_496/lbx16647_298975.jpg

I got a pair of NY & Co. jeans on today. The only pair that I have ever gotten from there that actually fit right when I tried them on

I'm 5'2, so length is usually the problem for me. I've had some luck at Old Navy. I like the Diva jeans I'm wearing today, but others have been too long or had that annoying gap in the back. I have a few styles of the Lee One True Fit and am very happy with those. I also have two pairs of Not Your Daughter's Jeans and love them because the length is just right and they stay in place--I never have to pull on them when I wear them. Those ones are kind of expensive ordinarily (at least for me) but I was able to find them at Nordstrom Rack for like $30 each.

Ahhh this thread made me want to shop too so I went to AE to get some pairs of the ones I wear and they're not making them anymore. Their other ones are too tapered at the bottom. :censored: These are ALL I wear. :scream:

There are a few left online in my size but the wash has "paint splatter detailing". :scratch:

I'm 5'2, so length is usually the problem for me. I've had some luck at Old Navy. I like the Diva jeans I'm wearing today, but others have been too long or had that annoying gap in the back. I have a few styles of the Lee One True Fit and am very happy with those. I also have two pairs of Not Your Daughter's Jeans and love them because the length is just right and they stay in place--I never have to pull on them when I wear them. Those ones are kind of expensive ordinarily (at least for me) but I was able to find them at Nordstrom Rack for like $30 each.

I'm 162cm, so length is a difficult thing for me, too. I've found the most convenient way to combat this is to just wear big shoes :D And it means indulging in shoe shopping. It's all win :D I used to have (cleaned out my wardrobe a while back) thongs of every height and more clogs than a traditional Dutch person. Makes the jeans length thing a non-problem. I probably look like Gumbi, but whatever :lol:

I want a pair of NYDJ. I am rather over-curvy. :depressed:

Well I bought some today. I tried a ton of stores and ended up at this store called Vanity. Nothing in there really appeals to me but my friend told me they sell jeans by waist and inseam. That must be what I need b/c they fit so much better than anything else I tried. I ended up with this pair, but in a different color.

Additional Views: Brandon Premium Vanity Jeans - 33" Inseam

They had inseams up to 37", so good for people with crazy sizes (the girl near me needed a 37" inseam, she wasn't taller than me but had insanely long legs).

I believe ya but they are also 4 times as expensive!! We just did an impromptu project (putting up a fence in our yard) that will be all of my disposable income for the next 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom