Know Your Rights: “The Witness: From The Balcony of Room 306”

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angel_of_L.A.

Refugee
Hello beloved U2 fans and social activists,

Well those two items go hand in hand don't they? :sexywink:

I wanted to let you know about “The Witness: From The Balcony of Room 306,” a short documentary co-produced by the National Civil Rights Museum and the Hyde Family Foundations as an educational piece examining the Civil Rights Movement.

If you're in Los Angeles, the film will have a special limited engagement screening until August 21 at the Mann Beverly Center in Los Angeles.

The film is seen through the eyes of Rev. Samuel "Billy" Kyles, now 74, who is one of the last remaining survivors on the balcony with Dr. Martin Luther King when he was assassinated.

“The Witness” will have five show times per day - noon, 2:30 p.m., 5 p.m., 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Please go see it if you can, all of the proceeds will benefit the museum.

Additionally, “The Witness” is going to screen at the 2008 Palm Springs International ShortFest on Saturday, August 23 at 11 a.m. in the Camelot Theatres as part of the AMERICA: PAST IMPERFECT program and the biggie - it’s going to play at this year’s Democratic National Convention in Colorado as part of the Starz Green Room programming on August 26 from 2-3 p.m.

I encourage everyone in L.A. to try and see the film. It's hard to believe that only decades ago, the civil rights movement happened. So much has changed but in many situations, so much work remains to be done. With this election year, I think it's important for everyone to ask how they live out Dr. King's Dream - whether it's by volunteering, donating, voting or through random benevolent acts.

Mann's Beverly Centre Theatre
8522 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(310) 652-7760

Thanks for reading!
:heart:
xoxox

Back
Top Bottom