I've Been on Interference So Long...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Had a silly idea for a thread reading some posts in FYM and decided to just see what might come of it. Hopefully it's good for a laugh or too. Dear God, I've been here over a decade....

So it's simple: Just complete the sentence. I'll go first.

I've been on Interference so long, I remember when BVS had an avatar and not an emoji.

...I remember when the main forum (Everything You Know Is Wrong) had very little organization and pretty much any topic could fly. I'm pretty sure I drunk posted some very inappropriate things and the thread wasn't even closed.

I've Been on Interference So Long.... that i remember when 'hapa rejoice song of the week' was on the homepage for like, ever. Also remember when Axver was new around here and i had to show him where the restroom was. Also remember posting a lot of very inappropriate stuff in LS and when Sicy came home from salsa dancing she would immediately close those threads. Good times.

I haven't been on interference nearly as long as you guys, but still...

I've been on interference so long, I remember when U2 was on tour.

I've been on Interference so long, I remember a time when Trashley was not even a thing.

Haha! I was called trashedly and smashedly ironically by my roommate in college interchangeably before the current name actually fit.

I've been on Interference so long, I remember when I loved U2.

I've been on Interference so long I remember LemonMelon's reaction to hearing SUC for the first time

STAND UP COMEDY IS SO GOOD, LED ZEPPELIN WOULD HAVE TO STEAL THE BEST NOTE FROM EACH OF THE GREATEST BLUES SONGS EVER CREATED TO MATCH ITS GLORIOUS MAJESTY.

I've been on Interference so long, I had the honor of being in the presence of Fake Edge.

I've been on Interference so long, I remember when it had pages of U2 lyrics.

I got here after the ban, but while the ghost forum was still up. There were chords at one point too, right?

Did it? I do have a whole bunch of files of U2 guitar tabs up to and including ATYCLB, but I couldn't tell you where they came from. This place is a likely suspect though.

Fun fact: I'm here because of that lyrics section.

I've been on Interference so long, I remember Axver having a 4 digit post count (for his first 3 days)

:lol:

I recall it took me about five years to get to 20,000 and the majority of those were Vertigo Tour setlist parties. Another two years and suddenly I was around 100,000. Then the last six have been much slower going, relatively speaking!

You had to rank Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby song by song to 3 decimal places every 24 hours or your account would be suspended.

Everyone secretly knew the song that played before U2 came on stage, they just wanted to see if everybody else knew.

Explaining how to remove spaces in urls to download things pre-Youtube was a fulfilling and rewarding experience.

i remember when there was a radiohead forum

oh and one for newmedia

Elvis started The Bang And Clatter precisely to be the Radiohead forum because all the Radiohead threads were crowding out Lemonade Stand (where everything supposedly went, but to this day I get the sense that actually very little at all 'goes' in Lemonade Stand).

I remember that.

I also remember the time I somehow changed the title 'message' of the night in Interference chat to read 'rats and children follow me out of town, come on kids', and it stayed that way all that night.

I've been here so long I remember when Elvis started his initiative 'letters to Elvis' and we wrote him some, and it didn't go down that well. The initiative was quickly discontinued.

Back
Top Bottom