I've Been on Interference So Long...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I pretend to think you're a cunt but actually like you, how's that then? Dreadful I'm sure.

i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive there'll be no more lies there'll be no more lies there'll be no more lies there'll be no more lies i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive there's be no more lies there's be no more lies there's be no more lies there's be no more lies i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive i will eat you all alive
Holy shit typhoon!

I remember using a computer to access the forum. Remember computers? The type that sat on top of desks.

I'm literally replying to this on one. It has the perk of the forum being in its proper blue.

And, you know, a decent sized screen helps too. But it's all about that blue.

That's still what I use. I don't even have a "smart" phone--my phone is an old flip phone that can text if you really want to go through the hassle, but is mainly "just a phone." :reject:

Eh, the rise of phones as substitute computers is silly. No matter how fast you type on a phone, you can always type quicker on a proper keyboard.

I have a desktop. It’s nice, despite most of its parts being pretty ancient now (going on 5 years). But that’s because gaming laptops are expensive and way annoying to swap graphics cards on if I want an upgrade. I’ve got two 24inch TVs I use for monitors, but I only visit here on my phone.

Now the desktop I had when I first started posting here? I’m pretty sure its ram was still measured in megabytes. It had a floppy drive, a mouse with a track ball and only left/right click buttons. And usb sticks today have hundreds of times more hard drive space than that thing had.

Eh, the rise of phones as substitute computers is silly. No matter how fast you type on a phone, you can always type quicker on a proper keyboard.

Unless you get really good at predictive text. I generally can type sentences just as quickly.

I have a desktop. It’s nice, despite most of its parts being pretty ancient now (going on 5 years). But that’s because gaming laptops are expensive and way annoying to swap graphics cards on if I want an upgrade. I’ve got two 24inch TVs I use for monitors, but I only visit here on my phone.

Now the desktop I had when I first started posting here? I’m pretty sure its ram was still measured in megabytes. It had a floppy drive, a mouse with a track ball and only left/right click buttons. And usb sticks today have hundreds of times more hard drive space than that thing had.

I have a USB stick on my desk right now smaller than my index finger with almost 8x the capacity of my first computer. The desktop I am using right now is barely any heavier than my first laptop.

I have a USB stick on my desk right now smaller than my index finger with almost 8x the capacity of my first computer. The desktop I am using right now is barely any heavier than my first laptop.

On a slightly related note, this scene from "Friends" is pretty funny today! :lol:

I've been on interference so long I remember when Axver's desktop was heavy as a truck.

I used to hear that part as "heavy as a church" for the longest time. Not sure what happened to me there exactly.

That's still what I use. I don't even have a "smart" phone--my phone is an old flip phone that can text if you really want to go through the hassle, but is mainly "just a phone." :reject:

I don't have a smartphone, either. People laugh at my little "dumb" phone, but at least I'm not constantly looking at it, because there's nothing to see!

i've been on interference so long i remember when forum relationships were really common.

i wonder what abby and ewen are up to these days :hmm:

So after not having been here on a desktop in so long it wasn't even saved in my bookmarks, what are you talking about it's all about that blue. This place isn't blue anymore.

So after not having been here on a desktop in so long it wasn't even saved in my bookmarks, what are you talking about it's all about that blue. This place isn't blue anymore.
You can change it back if you'd like.

I happen to prefer it *not* be blue because all of my work browsing, but uh, yeah, some people like to LIVE IN THE PAST. #judging

not counting the BAWs of course since they were already married when they signed up, you guys must be the only one that actually made it work.

the two "interflings" that i was in certainly didn't :lol:

I happen to prefer it *not* be blue because all of my work browsing, but uh, yeah, some people like to LIVE IN THE PAST. #judging

i have it set to the new white layout on my work computer and blue crack at home for this exact reason. ;)

:lol: This is good to know, I’m totally going to go live in the past then. That background with all the album covers kind of looks past-y anyway though, like one of those geocities sites that used to still exist when I originally joined this site.

:lol: This is good to know, I’m totally going to go live in the past then. That background with all the album covers kind of looks past-y anyway though, like one of those geocities sites that used to still exist when I originally joined this site.

Yeah, and to me it looks like way more of a giveaway at work.

The blue I could pass off as any sort of forum as long as nobody looks closely, possibly even one with some sort of relevance to my work (I do occasionally peruse railway forums for legitimate work reasons). But the tiled album covers? Nope.

Of course now I have a private office with a computer screen that's not visible from the doorway, so I can even cover shows for U2gigs at work without any weird questions.

not counting the BAWs of course since they were already married when they signed up, you guys must be the only one that actually made it work.

the two "interflings" that i was in certainly didn't :lol:

I think there might be one or two older relationships still going as well? Like, among Lemonade Stand people who are essentially before my time and don't post any more (I didn't really use this side of the forum until 2008, until then I was mainly in EYKIW and the tour forums).

But yeah, well done to Trashley for actually working out. I got over five years out of my one, most of those good, but that ended a few years ago.

Slooooowly backs out of the room...

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom