I've been offered a PhD Fellowship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Hi all! I just have to share my elation. Due to some odd paranoia, I don't want to disclose the name of the university yet, but I've not only received my first PhD admission this year. Not only that: I've been offered a University Fellowship.

If I accept, I'll be in the Literature PhD program, with a generous stipend and full tuition remission for the first year. No teaching obligations. After that, it converts to a teaching fellowship, but it would only be one class per semester - significantly less work than I had to do for my M.A. Still, full tuition remission and I would get paid for doing very little work. I'm just in joyous shock.

Wow. Looking back at that post, the grammar is so garbled. I'm still a bit elated, but at least I can write a solid sentence now.

Also, thanks.

So, then, spending less time here turned out to be a futile endeavor?

Congrats! :applaud:

I'm still waiting to hear from the eleven other programs to which I applied, but I'll very likely be taking this. I'm headed out there (Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA - I now have my official letter so I'm less concerned with writing it out) to meet with current grad students and faculty next week. Free food, but it will be quite a drive from Blackwood, NJ, where I'm teaching.

Back
Top Bottom