Interference Thread Survivor Q2: Save the Whalers vs. The Enemy of Art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to vote for Save the Whalers here. But man, this one probably has my two favorite threads in the entire competition.

Is anyone else here surprised that no one involved in these threads has come in here and thrown a fit? I find that a bit disappointing, personally. We need some surprise guests.

I did notice one interesting thing with that hilarity that was the recent special announcement thread - good old mofo82 came out of the woodwork, complaining about his gullibility. Seemed strangely familiar.

Is anyone else here surprised that no one involved in these threads has come in here and thrown a fit? I find that a bit disappointing, personally. We need some surprise guests.

I was thinking that the other day. My only guess is that some people really are obsessive EYKIWers.

Yeah. Would have been great though to add one of these into a future rendition. :)

Kunstmuseum. I adore the Tribute Bands thread, but ... Kunstmuseum. #1 thread in the tournament.

I'm genuinely surprised redhill hasn't shown up.

Save the Whalers for me. One of many reasons is that I laugh every time I see that Rowena's Theme snippet.

I don't find Kunstmuseum nearly as funny because it was mostly orchestrated. There's something much more interesting in a thread that occurs naturally like Tribute Bands. Easy decision for me.

Kunstmuseum has the Moby Dick snippet which made me laugh out loud. But the real hilarity begins once those who bought it lose their shit. The surrounding threads, mostly orchestrated by mofo82, are just as amusing.

Somebody should send redhill the link to one of these once he starts one of his silly threads.

Kunstmuseum has the Moby Dick snippet which made me laugh out loud. But the real hilarity begins once those who bought it lose their shit. The surrounding threads, mostly orchestrated by mofo82, are just as amusing.

This is why I voted for it. Though the meat of the thread was planned in advance, it's the bitter reactions in the final pages that make the whole thing work. These people really wanted to think that U2 performed B-sides in a central European modern art gallery.

To be fair, if U2 were to ever actually perform a bunch of random b-sides, I can hardly think of a more appropriate venue than a central European art gallery.

Back
Top Bottom