Interference Thread Survivor Match 8: RUSH vs. Clicky Nonsense

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK, this is an easy one. I actually don't agree with I Live Under a Bridge being in the top 32, but I had no choice, as it received a lot of love in the nomination thread, more so than many threads here. It's not that I don't find it funny, it's hilarious, it's just that I know it's going to get murdered because a lot of people won't get it. If you DON'T get it, Ian makes it pretty obvious who the thread is making fun of halfway down page 6.

I placed Rush vs. U2 way too low, in hindsight.

Some serious hangover happening here after the last poll, which smashed the voting record. That surprises me, since Rush vs. U2 is such a classic.

And still pertinent, for whatever reason.

rushfactcb5.jpg

Yeah, uhm the Rush thread is all. That argument still arises now and then, and it still reminds me of the hillariousness. If that is even a word. I don't care.

That other thread? Yeah. Uhm. May have been funny at the time, but it's not particularly noteworthy.

The Rush threads, I know people, it's all part of some great memories here. :love:

It's worthwhile to note that Travis' stance on Rush has shifted somewhat from abject hatred in 2008 to, at minimum, current acceptance of their musicianship and place in the prog rock canon.

Yet another sign that he just might turn out ok, after all. ;)

Yeah, I've found some Rush to enjoy. 2112 is my favorite of the batch.

...Gonna eat my brains now, Bonnie?

I don't think I've ever heard Rush on Australian or Kiwi radio.

The only reason I've heard their music is because I sought it out during my prog phase.

I can definitely say having read that thread I will now actively avoid listening to them :lol:

Wow. Bridge is pretty damn funny but it's not classic in the Rush v U2 sense, for me. Moggio really was an absolute cunt. Is the Highest Grossing Tour Thread in the ballot LM?

Couple of my favourite posts from the Rush thread

Pedokiss - "I tried to do it last year, but around July I gave up :("
Bomac - "Is it because she was above the age of majority?"

"Then who invented progressive HARD ROCK? Because King Crimson and Yes are not progressive HARD ROCK - they're progressive rock."

But the one that takes the cake

"Artistic integrity"
"They had some video interlude of one of the band members talking like a pirate that lasted for 2 or 3 minutes. :)"
"How does that detract from their artistic integrity? :huh: All it means is that they have a sense of humor - which is something that clearly escapes you."

Is the Highest Grossing Tour Thread in the ballot LM?

Yes, it's one of the middle seeds, facing tuf bono respect, which should be a great match. At that point, it's basically impossible to predict what will win.

Can't wait for round 2 of this tournament, every match will be interesting.

Anybody who hasn't heard Rush isn't missing much, unless castrati are your thing.

Yes, it's one of the middle seeds, facing tuf bono respect, which should be a great match. At that point, it's basically impossible to predict what will win.

You've set up some cruel match-ups, but that sounds like the cruelest match-up of them all.

I'm worried the joke will go right over the head of everyone not involved with the Superthread and it'll be a blowout :sigh:

Of course, that's like 5-6 votes, which is usually enough to keep it close.

Yeah, I'm kind of not expecting tuf bono respect to have a particularly wide appeal (linking to the bullshit rpg part of the thread might help?), but it's one of my absolute favourite Interference moments. There's not much that I'd vote for ahead of the Highest Grossing Tour Thread clusterfuck, but tuf bono is one of them.

Went with the Bridge Thread, it's some classic NSW hilarity, IMO.

The Rush thread pissed me off so much at the time. Part of the reason being that I really like Rush, and now no one will even give them a shot because of this shit.

You guys went to the same Lie Like The Pros class (presented by Bono, of course)
How does it feel, to be in denial?

Face it. The rest of the world doesn't give a shit about Rush, they don't think it's that much of a big deal.

And the amount of threads talking about it, with some people(usually Canadian) trying to get us all to acknowledge your gods ain't helping.

I agree with Cobbler, these threads did put me off giving them a try, more than anything.
Went with the Bridge Thread, it's some classic NSW hilarity, IMO.

The Rush thread pissed me off so much at the time. Part of the reason being that I really like Rush, and now no one will even give them a shot because of this shit.

:hug: D'aww. But at least there's more Rush for you to enjoy. We won't compete in buying tickets.

Why the fuck are people in this thread still talking about Rush?? Wow, talk about being in denial!! :lol:

I'm sorry, but anyone who has only heard one or two songs by a band is in no position to make an assessment of the band. And as for the "rest of the world" fallacy, well that's been proven a few times over to be false. "About half of Interference" is a way more accurate statement.

Talk about let it go!! The thing that makes the Rush threads hilarious at this point, imo, is the anti-Rush brigade...Moggio and LastEdgeOnEarth and their insane comparisons to U2 are long gone - now it's the anti-Rush brigade that just sound positively silly now. :lol:

But even in the original Rush v U2 thread, I got as many laughs out of posters like U2Fanatic going off as I did the OP..it's like "omgguyz someone said a band is better than our U2!!11!11!" and people just start losing their shit. Good grief.

We're talking about it here... well... because it happens to be the topic of this thread. It's Rush vs Clicky nonsense, if you hadn't noticed yet.

And to me the thing that makes these threads hilarious is the persistence of particularly LEOE that everyone should've heard of Rush and should equally love them. It's as ridiculous as me stating some random popular Dutch act that does well in mainland Europe, like Within Temptation. They've sold millions of cds as well, but I doubt many North Americans know them. I'm not going to make myself illusions otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom