Interference Thread Survivor Match 6: I Know People vs. The Oregon Trail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've got ourselves a great matchup here. I'm going to have to re-read both of these to come up with an extremely shaky decision. I Know People was a classic meme, but if you haven't read the Oregon Trail thread, please do, as it's totally worth your time. We should have another one of those.

I Know People was beyond bizzare and spawned an all time great meme but Im a have to go the Oregon Trail. I was lurking at the time this thread was made it was the first time (of many more to come) that I laughed out loud at something on Interference. Headache's stories are priceless.

Typically, people don't laugh in my abnormal psychology course, so I'm standing out right about now. Thanks, Oregon Trail.

273966822_c28dd50e02.jpg

Yeah, fuck it. Oregon Trail. Old school. LastEdge's thread got a shitload of nominations in the prelim thread, so I figured it would dominate. Let's pull the upset.

GAH! That extra little kick in the Oregon Trail thread after the merge is hilarious. I remember the Oregon Trail thread now, but damn, I can't decide between these too :crazy:

Hadn't heard of the Oregon Trail thing before. Tried reading it. Got bored quickly. Sorry. I Know People is an absolute classic so it was going to take something very special to sway my vote.

The Last Edge on Earth "thread" may go down as best Post in Interference history. I also believe that Interference went down like a day or two later and that's what caused "I know People" to really become such a thing?

But I was there for the Oregon Trail thread as well, plus the Sims spin-off and it was really fun to follow along and take part in, and I remember that era of Interference (Temple Bar) so fondly, I think I have to throw my vote its way.

The Oregon Trail thread is freaking hilarious!

Last edited by a moderator:
VOTE, damn you!

The numbers are way down since the weekend, which is sad, since we should be having a whole lot less blowouts in the coming weeks.

This is a tough one. I'd never seen the Oregon Trail thread before so that was a fun read. Headache's posts are excellent.

But damn, I Know People is just incredible. Sometimes the universe creates such a perfect galactic alignment that it spontaneously causes an asshole to threaten strangers he'll never meet, and that thread is one of those times.

If Interference was Achewood, LEOE would be Pat.

Damn, I reckon I'm gonna have to go with Oregon Trail. I'd never seen it before, never even heard of the game, but it is fucking hilarious. As good as LEOE's post is, I'm going with Oregon Trail.

I mean shit, look at this:

273966890_5877ba3672.jpg

What the fuck is that? :lol:

And 212, what's the Sims spin-off?

That is what hunting in Oregon Trail looks like. That is a dead bear in the upper right-hand corner, and Headache is holding a gun towards him, presumably to make sure he's actually dead. Fake Edge will be fed the buckshot.

That thread probably should have made it over Oregon Trail, but seniority gets you an extra couple points, and that one was a spinoff.

I don't know why we don't do shit like that anymore.

Not sure which way to go on this one... I hadn't been aware of the Oregon Trail thing either until now, and I got a couple of laughs out of it... but I don't think I can go past LEOE knowing people.

... Is that like seeing dead people?

Plus those people he knows might get me somehow if I don't vote for that thread. :uhoh:

Also, very much distracted by the Sims thread.

I can't remember if I ever posted my agreement to Ashley in another thread, but yes, some of the earlier caption threads in PLEBA were absolute gold.

bono_212 said:
The Last Edge on Earth "thread" may go down as best Post in Interference history. I also believe that Interference went down like a day or two later and that's what caused "I know People" to really become such a thing?

I think it was a few months after, actually, but yeah, I remember the "maybe he does know people!" jokes were flowing for a while after that.

Back
Top Bottom