Interference Thread Survivor Match 5: The Moon in Space vs. U2 Heaven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm afraid U2 Heaven will win this on the virtue of its hilarious concept alone. It's batshit crazy, that's undeniable, but to be honest, I didn't get a lot of laughs reading through it the other day. Too much :):wave::hug: not enough Screwiness. Space Moon though, I was crying. Funniest shit ever. It's a terrific mix of clickiness, pop culture references and Desert Island fallout.

warrenackbaret6.png

Enough said.

I read through the interference heaven and had some vague memory of being vaguely uncomfortable.

And then I found a post where GAF called me and laz Interference's favorite couple or something. Which was weird, but funny.

I thought Space Moon was the stupidest shit ever when it started. And then one day, that invisible switch inside me was flicked, and I got it. It's funny.

It was probably in the Superthread over the summer that year. U2 Heaven was the beginning of the Screw fallout, which became apparent with the Tribute Bands thread (included in this tournament as a much higher seed) and reached critical mass with the creepy librarian stalker shit.

We're halfway down the first page and there's only one vote? wtf guys

1. Cut a hole in a box
2. Go corporate
3. Go Powerjuice
4. Space Moon it, bro
5. ????
6. Profit

I have this black XL t-shirt that I received from NSW through Mia. It says JUST SPACE MOON IT, BRO in big block letters. Probably my most prized worldly possession.

Shit yea I can do that.

Honestly, I don't know why I qualified it, it's clearly the best thing I own.

Has enough time lapsed for the secret to be spilled regarding Mountain Dew Ma's true identity?

I'm sure everyone already knows but me.

MDM wasn't an alter, I don't think. If he was, it wasn't of someone that could be considered a regular. He was, I believe, a personal friend of AtomicBono's though. For ages I thought he was an AB alter, but I recall Khan setting me straight on that at some point.

Oh, OK. Then I guess I don't know either! It's not something that can be divulged in this thread either way, though it would be nice for history's sake.

There is very little to get about Space Moon. At the very beginning, I think the intent was to mock the seriousness with which people were taking Desert Island at that time, but it quickly became about the silliness of the concept of Space Moon and just enjoying it.

This seems like my opportunity finally to unravel the mystery of Spacemoon, the one in-joke here that I have never been able to comprehend.

cobl04 said:
I just never got Space Moon :reject: there must have been a crucial series of posts that I missed or something.

U2 Heaven is monumentally creepy.

No, not really.

It just walked in the door, intact, with Mountain Dew Ma. He will always be the Space Moon guy.

Space Moon was a really cool thread that I felt was too cool for me to post in back in my early years, and though I had nothing to do with it, the whole thing still makes me laugh.

As wonderfully creepy as U2 Heaven is, we know the thread where Screw really shines.

edit: Oh wow, that stuff in the Adelaide superthread is great. I did consider going through a bunch of early superthreads to see if any of them were bonafide classics, but since that would mean reading something in the vicinity of 200 threads, I thought better.

Back
Top Bottom