Interference Thread Survivor Match 4: Fake Edge vs. Mr. Brau's Last Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I skimmed that thread last night and was surprised by the level of outrage. I mean, I get it. I understand why there would rightly be suspicions and anger, but holy shit.

That must have all gone down just before I started reading/posting regularly, because it was October 2004 that I made a beeline to this site to share my zomgbono story.

Yeah, having just skimmed through that thread, I think the resentment is justified. I still don't understand how anyone believed it was Edge in the first place, but it's even harder to believe that the mods wouldn't have known it was an imposter.

Perhaps we could combine the vote for Fake Edge debacle in general? ie, both threads.

I don't think that's really fair, Fake Edge Saga would roll everything.

It's like putting Godfather I and II together in a film survivor.

Man, I dunno though. Part of the joke is watching people get fucked over and totally buying it.

I Squirtigo'd the shit out of this tournament starting it so soon. Oh well, it'll turn out fine when it's all said and done.

All good, don't worry about it. This competition is good times. Besides, when people vote for Fake Edge, they don't just vote for a thread, they vote for the idea of Fake Edge.

iron yuppie said:
Yeah, having just skimmed through that thread, I think the resentment is justified. I still don't understand how anyone believed it was Edge in the first place, but it's even harder to believe that the mods wouldn't have known it was an imposter.

Probably the mods (or sicy) saying no, this is the real thing and we have proof. We can't tell you what that proof is (which automatically made me more skeptical than anything, if I recall correctly), but we have reasoning to be absolutely certain this is the edge.

Hewson said:
This.

Its interesting to see some names that you don't see here anymore in these old threads.

Yeah, no kidding. First post in the other thread, nbcrusader. Completely forgot about that guy!

I totally forgot about this.

Anyway, the whole Edge fiasco started here:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/edges-vertigo-guitar-playing-is-overrated-97713-6.html

It's hilarious when you look at it. "Edge" compares jick to a terrorist and all hell breaks loose. :D Fascinating how people start to get defensive to such an assholish post (by The Edge I mean).
wow. Just wow. I really wish I had discovered this site five years before I did :ohmy: I'm amazed so few people twigged that "Edge" was a fraud after that post. Btw could someone plz post the interviews with "U2"? That should make fun reading :D

Probably the mods (or sicy) saying no, this is the real thing and we have proof. We can't tell you what that proof is (which automatically made me more skeptical than anything, if I recall correctly), but we have reasoning to be absolutely certain this is the edge.

Except it wasn't the mods, it was just Elvis and Katey. Which is probably worse. Mods were in the dark (or actually knew what was up and were told to shut it, like Angela and Salome) as far as I can remember.

That was an entertaining re-read though. 8 years later (holy shit, it's been 8 years :yikes: ), it's pretty funny to see the bald-faced evasion on Elvis's part, but, like iron yuppie said, it's also understandable why people got so pissed.

My favorite part is bg stepping in and calling the mom, and Joel "I'm trying to get to the bottom of this" Tanner acting like it's the craziest thing in the world to follow a lead in an investigation.

Fake Edge fiasco basically was the beginning of the end of Interference as it was once known for many people (imo). So so many people either left or started heading for the path out as a result of the thing, either intentionally or it was the catalyst for their exit. Re-reading the thread the majority of posters aren't even here anymore. Many of whom we had met in real life at shows gatherings etc.

If Fake Edge ultimately wins this contest, it's not a hell of a lot to celebrate, really. :|

If Fake Edge ultimately wins this contest, it's not a hell of a lot to celebrate, really. :|

Perhaps it should get a nod for being one of the darkest moments in Interference history. It certainly showed an ugly side to those involved in lying to the members.

Yeah. I reread some of the stuff (the abdicate thread in particular) this morning as I'm bedridden with some sinus infection, just to make sure I wasn't being too harsh in my previous post.

I was nowhere near harsh enough.

gvox said:
Yeah. I reread some of the stuff (the abdicate thread in particular) this morning as I'm bedridden with some sinus infection, just to make sure I wasn't being too harsh in my previous post.

I was nowhere near harsh enough.

I'm sure rereading that thread has stirred up old emotions from that episode. I honestly don't want to read it because of the mood it may put me in. But the disappointment that those involved will stoop so low like that is still alive for me.

Which is the main reason why I would prefer to roll with the original thread over the one with purely negative vibes. At least the OG Fake Edge thread had some smiling faces to speak of, even though we all know how it turned out. I've noticed a trend throughout this contest: dark or uneasy threads tend to perform slightly worse because of that quality.

Diemen said:
Except it wasn't the mods, it was just Elvis and Katey. Which is probably worse. Mods were in the dark (or actually knew what was up and were told to shut it, like Angela and Salome) as far as I can remember.

That was an entertaining re-read though. 8 years later (holy shit, it's been 8 years :yikes: ), it's pretty funny to see the bald-faced evasion on Elvis's part, but, like iron yuppie said, it's also understandable why people got so pissed.

My favorite part is bg stepping in and calling the mom, and Joel "I'm trying to get to the bottom of this" Tanner acting like it's the craziest thing in the world to follow a lead in an investigation.

I'd actually forgotten that Angela and Salome were mods. I know the two of them, Beli, and pretty much everyone from the testje chat thread didn't believe it from the beginning. And it's also quite possible I just hated sicy at the time enough to think now well, she must have been in on it.

Just to chime in, I have to say that if that Elvis fella had given a full unreserved apology, perhaps less peeps would have been so pissed. The apology he did offer just seemed so half-hearted and ingenuine, like he was apologizing only coz he was obliged to do so. Made him look like a corporate stooge. I'm not surprised there was an exodus after that.

Back
Top Bottom