Interference Thread Survivor Match 3: Juvenile Puns vs. Typical Downtime Hysteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Slow Loris is pretty fucked here. Personally, I can't deny my affinity for Shuttlecock, but I do hope there are enough people out there put off by that thread to keep this competitive. Psychic Readings is extremely good, just not quite as significant.

I have to disagree. I think there's more insight to be gained by reading some of the questions people asked..when compared to the puns that did devolve into fairly crude stuff pretty quickly (which I don't mind, per se)..there's more value in the Slow Loris thread. Also, the Shuttlecock thing was pretty limited in the scope of members who participated...ALOT of people got in on the Slow Loris thing, no?

Did Psychic Readings spawn a chat thread that ultimately led to a glorified chat thread with 48 iterations?

Clearly, a great deal more discussion resulted from Shuttlecock.

Yeah but you had all of what, 8 people posting non-stop in it..

The Slow Loris is a better known legend for a greater portion of Interference. Shuttlecock is limited to The Click (TM). :wink:

(I don't really care, I just get a bigger kick out of the other one. Maybe that's just me)

I just pulled a random number to make the point that it was signifcantly less than were involved in TSL episode. Shuttlecock is relatively unknown outside a few people. TSL..everybody got in on that shit lol

Galeongirl said:

TSL did go on later to claim it would either be very colourful, or black and white... Great psychic powers there. *L*

I found it fascinating that some posters thought the "predictions" were very vague while others held the opposite view... Very interesting look at part of the forum's psyche.

Wow, I greatly underestimated Slow Loris. The seeding here is just horrible on my part. This is going to fuck shit up big time if there's an upset.

Oh well, at least we have an interesting match early.

Shit, I've never even heard of the challenger here. I need to get caught up on these contestants.

Just because Slow Loris had participation from the bottom feeders that make up the majority of EYKIW posters doesn't make it a better thread.

Conversely, the whole idea behind Shuttlecock was elitist; an attempt to have a thread where some of our more intelligent/funnier/insightful B&C regulars could discuss the band without so much...Interference. That it (d)evolved into something filled with puns, obscene lyrics, ITS OWN WEB PAGE, etc. was the surprise gravy, and something anyone could have joined in on. More and more people did as time went on.

Also the battle with the more over its forum placement adds to its mythology.

The pleba caption threads and bonos voice got their own sites too, but they didn't even make the contest. Honestly,I friggin love the Slow Loris. Shuttlecock didn't really stay positive for long. And I don't think it's really responsible for Random Music.

?? Random music was around before Shuttlecock.

The non-kowtowing members of the Cock Force just regrouped there after the SC thread was moved to OOC.

And I don't understand your remark about it not staying positive.

?? Random music was around before Shuttlecock.

The non-kowtowing members of the Cock Force just regrouped there after the SC thread was moved to OOC.

And I don't understand your remark about it not staying positive.

Aaand Slow Loris takes the lead. This is a massive upset.

I'm not sure if I vastly overrated Shuttlecock or vastly underrated Slow Loris. These two threads probably should have met in the middle somewhere. I doubt either would beat Fake Edge or Atlanta, Germany.

Oh I stupidly said earlier that Shuttlecock was first. Obviously it couldn't have been, because it had to have been organized somewhere. I think they were separated by a matter of months.

As for PLEBA, I doubt anything from it was funnier than this pic parodying it:

launch-dLast romanropoutdjs-2.jpg

Don't know why that's not showing up.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/lazarus2005/launch-dropoutdjs-2.jpg

Just because Slow Loris had participation from the bottom feeders that make up the majority of EYKIW posters doesn't make it a better thread.

Seriously?? "bottom feeders"?? Do you really think you're any better than anyone else here? :lol:

Your puns were fucking funny as hell. They gave many laughs, yet, at the same time, it got a little repetitive.

Seriously?? "bottom feeders"?? Do you really think you're any better than anyone else here? :lol:

I don't think "better" is what I'm talking about.

But there sure are a lot of dumb/sheltered/narrow-minded people on the forum at large, with questionable taste and a cringe-worthy sense of humor. A stroll through almost any thread in EYKIW bears that out pretty quickly.

We don't make fun of that area arbitrarily.

I get that, and I recognize what you're saying. I mean, that's kind of the point of this poll series, right? Have a good-natured laugh at the stupidity of some of these threads/discussions? Hell, you probably even think I'm one of "those people". Probably in the cringe-worthy sense of humour department, at minimum. :wink:

Maybe this wasn't a great matchup..TSL was meant to be fun, got pretty much everyone involved and took a few twists and turns. Shuttlecock was meant to be a giant elitist fuck you to the bottom feeders, the dredges of Interference. Honestly that last sentence there sounds patently ridiculous. Ah well. :shrug:

Again, all I was saying from the beginning. In the annals of Interference history, not Lemonade Stand history, The Slow Loris was a bigger deal.

Back
Top Bottom