Interference Thread Survivor Match 14: POWERJUICE vs. is bono ok??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last match, Interference preferred Muldfeld's insanity to Moggio's, to the tune of 8-3.

Next up:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f207/io-im-going-powerjuice-184222.html

vs.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/i-hope-bono-is-ok-small-plane-crashed-in-manhattan-166589.html

Please note: due to several requests made over the past couple of polls, the time for this poll will be extended to 48 hours, which is amusingly timed, since these are probably the two shortest threads in the competition.

Fuck powerjuice.

Is Bono OK is a fuckin' legend. Sure the thread isn't much, but the consequences were major for the forums. :love:

My issue with the "Is Bono OK" joke has always been in the fact that that was NOT the first time someone did that.

I can't find the exact posts to prove this right now, but a few years back, in a September 11th memorial thread, Sicy posted the link to the thread people were posting in when the attack actually happened. Inside THAT thread there were a lot of people asking if Bono was OK. At least, that's what I Recall.

I know I'm not crazy, because THIS thread in Pleba exists: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/bono-is-safe-was-not-at-wtc-40896.html

So, I don't know, it makes me kind of :huh: when I think about that joke, not that I don't make it myself.

on the otherhand, Powerjuice is Powerjuice is Powerjuice (Also, the thread is still open :shifty: )

Even with the explanation post, I still don't get powerjuice.

My issue with the "Is Bono OK" joke has always been in the fact that that was NOT the first time someone did that.

I can't find the exact posts to prove this right now, but a few years back, in a September 11th memorial thread, Sicy posted the link to the thread people were posting in when the attack actually happened. Inside THAT thread there were a lot of people asking if Bono was OK. At least, that's what I Recall.

I know I'm not crazy, because THIS thread in Pleba exists: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f285/bono-is-safe-was-not-at-wtc-40896.html

So, I don't know, it makes me kind of :huh: when I think about that joke, not that I don't make it myself.

on the otherhand, Powerjuice is Powerjuice is Powerjuice (Also, the thread is still open :shifty: )

You're right. It was in Zooconfessionals and the post was by JCoster. But I cannot find it anymore.

So that's how powerjuice started. I never got it. Definitely funny. Easy vote.

What do you reckon his colleague meant by using that word though? That's what I don't understand. Why not just say "hard"? :lol:

I'm surprised Is Bono OK???? is winning; that thread is pretty weak.

Yeah, but the meme's a classic - and even if the thread's short, it's an amazing example of the misplaced priorities of some Interferencers.

Powerjuice is funny, but never quite made me laugh out loud. "Is Bono ok?" has given us a meme for practically all occasions.

Is Bono ok with this poll?

I don't think even NSW knew what the guy who originally said "Powerjuice" even meant. But that was sort of the point. It's not a fucking thing.

I'm conflicted on this one. Powerjuice's threads are a lot better, but the "Is Bono OK?" meme may be the best example of how ridiculous this place is. That thread Ashley posted is just fucking creepy, how they're all so pumped that Bono is alive, and then to hedge with a weak, "Still, a lot of people are dead, but at least NOT BONO!"

Were there even reports that Bono was in New York on 9/11?

What the fuck is wrong with those people?

Looks like we might smash the voting record with this one. We've already passed up the last match's entire total in 4 hours, with 44 to go.

That Pleba thread is one of the more disturbing things I've read on this site. WOW.

As for voting, this is hard. The genesis of the Is Bono OK? Meme is important, but that Powerjuice thread is funnier.

IS Crunkermelon a real drink? I was never certain.

Also:
Sprunk_MS_Logo.jpg

I voted for the Is Bono OK thread because to me, it does show how ridiculous it is to worry about someone who is not part of your personal life the minute a disaster happens. And it is the thing to say on Interference whenever something happens, though as a joke now.

And I have to confess, I laughed out loud when I read Zootlesque's response. Sorry, but I did.

bono_212 said:
Have you ever talked to NSW? I mean, there's not a lot to get.

I try not to.

But it just gives off the impression that its a chat thread you had to be there kind of thing. I wasn't there, just like I'm sure some of the randooooooooom stuff is funnier to me than it is to you guys. Whereas is bono ok is such a fucked up thing, and I do find it seriously disturbing that anyone hears about something bad and immediately their mind jumps to omg I hope bono wasn't there! Definitely one of the more universal, cross-board jokes here.

Nah I know that, I mean for the thread itself. Although I didn't read enough of it to see if you and Travis personally made appearances, just most of its other supporters were part of it. I'll give it a rest now at risk of starting to sound like the bridge troll click conspiracy theorists.

Back
Top Bottom