Interference Thread Survivor Match 13: Strategic Scheduling vs. Bono Lies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They're actually very similar threads, riding the fine line between exasperating and hilarious. I read almost all of the tour thread, which is a testament to its brilliance, so I'm probably going that way with it, though I'll read Muldy's thread again.

Well Bono himslef isnt tall, so everything for him is long.

I've always wanted to see Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr crack a joke. Great.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm going with Muldy. I forgot how funny this thread is. It takes too long for the tour thread to get rolling (somewhere around page 15), although it's a tremendous soap opera once it does. Definitely deserved a spot in the competition, though I probably seeded it too highly.

Wasn't Moggio the customer who claimed to be able to rate guitarists' abilities "objectively" or something? I remember making fun of it by using his name as said unit of measurement.

ETA: I'm voting for "Why does Bono lie?" because it became a meme and because the only funny thing about the attendance thing is how long the circlejerk went on for. I'm on page 8 and already know exactly what the fundamental arguments are going to continue to be and why they are wrong.

"Why does Bono lie?" only became well-known due to STRATEGIC MEMES. Biggest Grossing Tours is OBJECTIVELY the bigger shitfest. YOU ALL KNOW THAT. :rolleyes:

This Moggio rant went on for months. Years even. Crazy stuff.

This is a no-brainer for me. I never could stand the OP of the biggest grossing tour thread, have no use for Maechelolskosnibisodl (or whatever), and even less for Moggio. Fuck that thread.

Bono lies is pure gold.

Ah, so that is what a moggio is. I didn't realize it was the name of a crazy person. I'm amazed that the tour thread even exists, I cannot imagine a world in which I would ever find the actual topic even remotely something worthy of discussing. But I also don't understand how the peeling off the dollar bills sub forum exists. If over-analysis of lyrics is cheesy and unintentionally hilarious, heated debate of a band's publically released tour finances is mind-bogglingly absurd. How does one get to the point where they're that bored that they want to talk about....

Anyway, the textbook example of fallacy of logic displayed in posts like

The above markets are some of the FEW markets that U2 can outgross Madonna in. Let's not forget that. And the reason why Madonna only half-filled her show in Cardiff is because her AVERAGE PRICE WAS HIGHER THAN U2'S BY 56%. If Madonna had U2's average price for the Cardiff show, her attendance there would be roughly 52,000.

Is absolutely hysterical to me. If Madonna had lower ticket prices, she would have made more people! Huh?

That's why I loved that thread so much, IWB. They reached 40-odd pages on a topic that isn't even remotely interesting and it was literally the same arguments back and forth for like 90% of it. Mind-boggling is the right word.

I haven't read Bono lies, I'll do so tonight and vote. But LM could we leave them open for 48 hours instead of 24? I know most of these have been walkovers but there's more interesting discussion to be had than in the eight billionth U2 survivor.

I don't know how to change this poll to make it stay open longer, but this is the second thread in a row to suggest extending the time (Ali might have been being facetious, but GG2 barely made it there in time too). I'll move it up to 48 next time if that's alright with everyone, at least until the end of this round. Once we move on and start reusing threads, we'll see. It's safe to assume most people will have read through them sufficiently by then, so 48 hours might not be necessary.

cobl04 said:
That's why I loved that thread so much, IWB. They reached 40-odd pages on a topic that isn't even remotely interesting and it was literally the same arguments back and forth for like 90% of it. Mind-boggling is the right word.

I haven't read Bono lies, I'll do so tonight and vote. But LM could we leave them open for 48 hours instead of 24? I know most of these have been walkovers but there's more interesting discussion to be had than in the eight billionth U2 survivor.

Seriously, that they repeated themselves for that many pages is an understatement. Hell, sting reported his original post probably six times on the first 3 pages alone. I made it about 16 pages in, but only because of the train wreck factor, not because I was actually interested in any tour gross figures. So fucking ridiculous.

I think the tour gross thread gets to its best stuff around posts #700-800, and that's what I recommend people unfamiliar with the thread read. The argument is painfully rehashed and some outsiders come in to mock the shitfest/take the piss/try to dispense some reality. We're pretty much ignored and the argument goes even further downhill.

Easy choice for me in the end, Bono's lies win the day. The endless cycle of logic vs. illogic in the GROSS thread gives me more rage than lolz.

I would hate to be Moggio's English teacher, or anyone who had to read an essay s/he wrote. And I would love to see what sort of marks s/he got for critical analysis. :evil:

I also sort of want to give Maoilbheannacht a medal.

I also sort of want to give Maoilbheannacht a medal.

The Infuriating But Slightly Less Infuriating Than Somebody Else Medal?

I thought I was in the running for that particular honour. :(

At first it was the Infinite And Then Sarcastic Patience Medal, but they got annoying too later on. Consider the nomination retracted, which I guess means you're still in the running for the other one. :wink:

And I finally finished reading most of Bono's Lies... definitely more lolz there.

LemonMelon said:
I don't know how to change this poll to make it stay open longer, but this is the second thread in a row to suggest extending the time (Ali might have been being facetious, but GG2 barely made it there in time too). I'll move it up to 48 next time if that's alright with everyone, at least until the end of this round. Once we move on and start reusing threads, we'll see. It's safe to assume most people will have read through them sufficiently by then, so 48 hours might not be necessary.

:up: Thanks!

I wasn't really being facetious btw, just slightly sheepish about not having much time to read old threads on the PC. Most of my blue cracking is done on my phone these days, and it's too annoying to read/post a lot with the app. Especially since the old threads show up in website mode.

While Moggio was a huge clusterfuck and that thread a pain to read, Bono lies is still very often used these days. And it still wins.

Oh and I do support the 48 hour rule, as we're getting to quite big threads now. And it's worth reading some of them in full, and that may require a night or so.

Back
Top Bottom