Interference Thread Survivor Match 11: Dirty Minds vs. Jeff Goldblum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Carek1230 said:
Harrison Ford? Jeff Goldblum too? WTF? Today is Black Thursday. The stars, they're falling like flies.

This might be the best post ever. :hmm:

I've got to think this one through. :hmm:

I think I'll vote for the Blum just to give it a chance. Sexual messages has a much broader appeal beyond the CLICK! and will probably run away with this, though an upset would make me laugh.

Sexual Messages. Because that thread is one of the funniest ever. I remember reading it through one night, hilarious. It should be brought back to life. If we only had some new lyrics... damn Bono.

Sexual Messages is the better thread, but that "Black Thursday" post is a classic.

Wow, this would be almost as big an upset as Shuttlecock getting knocked off if it holds. I doubt it will, we still haven't gotten votes from a lot of regulars yet, but man.

I have to go with Sexual Messages too... Goldblum's not bad, but I had laughed aloud several times just in the first 9 pages of SMs. Better not read the rest of it while I'm at work, but I will be re-visiting it later. The "Hey ho, I want to fuck you in half" line is gold. *L*
(As is the consternation of the pure-of-heart fans who apparently want to pretend that Bono's never had sex or even a dirty thought in his life... all his kids must have happened via immaculate conception!)

ETA: By the way, LM... if the Sexual Messages thread does win overall (admittedly unlikely, my bet is either Kunstmuseum or Fake Edge), can we say that it's a win for Achtung Baby, thus rendering your current signature inaccurate? :wink:

Sexual Messages was one of the biggest reasons I stayed on Interference after I saw my Vertigo Tour shows, so it definitely has the nostalgia appeal for me.

Though I make Jeff Goldblum references on the regular. Yesterday in class, actually, we were talking about internet trolling and my professor said, "No, Jeff Goldblum is not dead." and I had to bite my hand to stop from laughing really hard out loud.

Wow, I kind of threw a vote Goldblum's (rest his soul) way for fun, I'm surprised it's winning.

I respect Sexual Messages as being part of the old guard, but it wasn't doing so much for me rereading it now. Maybe Panther Nips has just completely ruined non-click joke U2 song titles for me.

ETA: By the way, LM... if the Sexual Messages thread does win overall (admittedly unlikely, my bet is either Kunstmuseum or Fake Edge), can we say that it's a win for Achtung Baby, thus rendering your current signature inaccurate? :wink:

It's more of a win for oral sex, full stop.

I thank you immensely for that. I never even knew that existed. That's pretty frickin priceless, but at least now I know whether or not he finds my innocently humorous references to the name change/nipples thing as, well, humorous. It turns out he may in fact not, or may be ignoring me. My references have been assuming that he was in on the jokes or at least over them/tolerant by now. Duly noted.

Having said that...who knew that by a simple mixup of keys pressed, a string of letters would come out the other end as numerals? I've heard of drunk posting but drunk registering? There outta be a law...Although, he could have been registering via some back door hack and using strict binary, in which case yeah those 1s and 0s will do that to you if you aren't precise..

I don't get the Jeff goldblum thread, and I think you guys have taken off with other things in a much funnier way than that one. Or is there some context I'm missing?

IWasBored said:
I don't get the Jeff goldblum thread, and I think you guys have taken off with other things in a much funnier way than that one. Or is there some context I'm missing?

It really was just the one post about Black Thursday and then us eulogizing The Blum forever.

It would be hilarious to be if Jeff Goldblum is Dead won this whole competition. It's already slain a pretty awesome high seed.

Change DUE From Admin/Mods vs. Jeff Goldblum in round 2 will be epic.

You didn't "miss" the vote, you were around the whole time. :wink:

Wouldn't have been enough to tip the scale anyway, I guess.

I've *still not read them all, but I just want to say that however annoying he was being otherwise, or if I'll still feel this way after reading it all, but this post that he just quoted, if taken in isolation, is fucking hilarious to me.

It's probably the most failed attempt at humour I've seen here.

Back
Top Bottom