Interference Thread Survivor Match 10: The Cycle of Screw vs. Refrigerator Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rattle and Hum got a poor reception because U2 outed themselves as the enemies of art with the very first track.

I was gonna throw a vote in the direction of Fridge but man, I'd forgotten how insane Tribute Bands was.

I love how the OP is a question to everyone but by page six he's jumped to this

Interpreting is not art. It is something else. It doesn't have a name but it is different. Art is reserved for creators. If something isn't art that doesn't make it any less important. Art is just as I've described it: a creation and an inspiration that creates another creation. This isn't rocket science. Tribute bands are the antithesis of art and in turn what artists stand for. This is really simple. :shrug:

I'm sorry but you are wrong. Interpretation is something different from creation. Like I told Cori, both are equally important but they are different. Artistic interpretation can't exist. As they are two different things. Tribute bands are the enemy and antithesis of art but not of interpretation.

And the slide continues

Quality of art is not relevance to whether it is art. Art is subjective but what is art is not. I'm not saying anyone can be an actor. I'm just saying that acting isn't creation.

I am right. You will never understand what I am saying because you are unwilling to listen. You wish to speak and not examine. Call me what you, say about me what you will but I am right. I'm sorry that none of you will understand like most things. :(

And then :lol:

I'm sorry for saying anything. I should never say anything. Everything I say is wrong. I should hide in a dark place and never try offer a view. I'm sorry everyone. :(

Before finally NSW comes in and hits it out of the park. Great reading.

Screwy all the way. I've got to give props to headache's "Art... Enemy of Art" post, too. :up:

Also, with that DI intro... Is it just me or does it sound like Screw thinks that the female orgasm involves bleeding?

Also, with that DI intro... Is it just me or does it sound like Screw thinks that the female orgasm involves bleeding?

He certainly seems to be clueless about it at the very least. (Perhaps he was confusing orgasm with deflowering?)

Reminds me of the old joke:

Q: How long does it take a woman to achieve orgasm?
A: Who cares?

The Cycle of Screw puts Tribute Bands WAY over the top. Maybe my favorite post ever.

My first time reading said post I believe. Knew there was a reason I loved that silly jew. And myself had a problem with certain moderators here for eons.

Back
Top Bottom