View Poll Results: Vote for The Hive's favorite
Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involved ?? 22 56.41%
U2 at Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein right now 17 43.59%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
The Male

Local Time: 12:23 PM
Interference Thread Survivor Final: The Greatest Thread Ever

After three months of planning and voting and bracket-making, we're finally here. Business Trips comes in as the heavy favorite, but stranger things have happened than a Kunstmuseum win would be. It earned its spot here in the last match with an impressive 16-8 win over LastEdge's classic call for change.

While some may disagree with the thread title's assertion, these two threads were the #1 and #2 seeds overall based on response in the prelim thread, and certainly it would be challenge to name two more popular and significant threads in recent Interference history. Today's poll will go 72 hours, ending the morning of January 3rd. As with the previous two matches, there will be no mercy rule in place.

And now, your two favorite threads:

Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involved ??

vs.

U2 at Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein right now

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:23 PM
Business Trips. There's just something more special about a thread that epic that occurs naturally. Sure, the natural responses are what makes Kunstmuseum, but the whole thing was planned out and prepared for. It was much closer to a controlled experiment.

Business Trips is not my favorite thread (I still think it's probably the Tribute Bands thread, which just had a perfect payoff at the end after a great build), but it's one of the best. It's just so ridiculous. It even has the added benefit of its predecessor, the "My Best Friend Thinks His Husband Is Cheating with a Hispanic" thread. The combination of watching the OP unravel with the past knowledge that it was likely going to happen was a treat, and the appropriately funny members of the forum pounced on them.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Kunstmuseum. My favorite thread, caused havoc, and the fallout spread across a few other lovely threads as well.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Business Trips. There's just something more special about a thread that epic that occurs naturally. Sure, the natural responses are what makes Kunstmuseum, but the whole thing was planned out and prepared for. It was much closer to a controlled experiment.

Business Trips is not my favorite thread (I still think it's probably the Tribute Bands thread, which just had a perfect payoff at the end after a great build), but it's one of the best. It's just so ridiculous. It even has the added benefit of its predecessor, the "My Best Friend Thinks His Husband Is Cheating with a Hispanic" thread. The combination of watching the OP unravel with the past knowledge that it was likely going to happen was a treat, and the appropriately funny members of the forum pounced on them.
Le Peef speaks for me.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier

Yeah, instead of repeating myself about the threads, which is growing monotonous, I'll just agree with the Little Lord.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Yeah, instead of repeating myself about the threads, which is growing monotonous, I'll just agree with the Little Lord.
You've only been voting for like a month.

Now.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
You've only been voting for like a month.
I'll ask Digitize if I can retrovote.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:23 AM
Come on Kunstmuseum!

I definitely don't think Business Trips is the greatest. Great, yes; greatest, no. Shame threads like I'm Disappointed in Everything U2 Has Ever Done, tuf bono respect, Tribute Bands, and Morrissey aren't here - I'd think twice about voting for the Kunstmuseum over them (but I'd still vote Kunstmuseum in the end because, well, Kunstmuseum).

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:23 PM
I voted for Kunstmuseum.

But I could see why the other is winning. Its hilarious to watch Interlanders poke fun at someone who was either trolling or just being a pain in the ass. This should be done more often.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #10
45:33

Local Time: 07:23 AM
Definitely Kunstmuseum for me. Just a great prank, and always makes me smile. Business Trips is gold, to be sure, though.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:23 PM
The great thing about Kunstmuseum for me is how thoroughly it exposes all of the foibles of Interference, running the gamut from the zealous fandom to the patronizing to the explosive outrage over a harmless internet prank. One could argue that it is the encapsulation of Interference: frivolity dressed up as ultra-seriousness.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

As I've said before, at the end of the day, I have made real life jokes about the Business Trips thread. I have pushed my way into being able to go on a business trip to Atlanta (no luck yet). I have referenced it more than possibly any other thread in Interference history both online and off.

Best thread ever.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:23 PM
Just out of curiosity, what exactly makes that Business Trips thread so much better than the Enemy of Art one, or even the Moz one? All three involve a ridiculous premise being vehemently defended in the face of burgeoning ridicule. They appear to be almost the same thread in a lot of ways.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:26 PM   #14
The Male

Business Trips had an overarching saga behind it that the others did not. MsMofoGone's other adultery-related thread set the scene for Business Trips beautifully, and that context benefits the thread. As with Fake Edge, there is always a temptation for me to vote with that in mind.

In addition, I just find it more humorous than the others. There's usually dead space in any given Interference thread. You know, serious responses. Business Trips goes off the rails by the bottom of page 1 and just keeps going. It's not even recognizable by the end.

Now.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

The last 15 pages of that thread are the uymfa Crew just going back and forth.