Interference Thread Survivor Final: The Greatest Thread Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for The Hive's favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
After three months of planning and voting and bracket-making, we're finally here. Business Trips comes in as the heavy favorite, but stranger things have happened than a Kunstmuseum win would be. It earned its spot here in the last match with an impressive 16-8 win over LastEdge's classic call for change.

While some may disagree with the thread title's assertion, these two threads were the #1 and #2 seeds overall based on response in the prelim thread, and certainly it would be challenge to name two more popular and significant threads in recent Interference history. Today's poll will go 72 hours, ending the morning of January 3rd. As with the previous two matches, there will be no mercy rule in place.

And now, your two favorite threads:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f201/business-trips-are-they-legit-when-theres-closing-involved-183373.html

vs.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/u2-at-kunstmuseum-liechtenstein-right-now-184538.html

Business Trips. There's just something more special about a thread that epic that occurs naturally. Sure, the natural responses are what makes Kunstmuseum, but the whole thing was planned out and prepared for. It was much closer to a controlled experiment.

Business Trips is not my favorite thread (I still think it's probably the Tribute Bands thread, which just had a perfect payoff at the end after a great build), but it's one of the best. It's just so ridiculous. It even has the added benefit of its predecessor, the "My Best Friend Thinks His Husband Is Cheating with a Hispanic" thread. The combination of watching the OP unravel with the past knowledge that it was likely going to happen was a treat, and the appropriately funny members of the forum pounced on them.

Kunstmuseum. My favorite thread, caused havoc, and the fallout spread across a few other lovely threads as well.

Business Trips. There's just something more special about a thread that epic that occurs naturally. Sure, the natural responses are what makes Kunstmuseum, but the whole thing was planned out and prepared for. It was much closer to a controlled experiment.

Business Trips is not my favorite thread (I still think it's probably the Tribute Bands thread, which just had a perfect payoff at the end after a great build), but it's one of the best. It's just so ridiculous. It even has the added benefit of its predecessor, the "My Best Friend Thinks His Husband Is Cheating with a Hispanic" thread. The combination of watching the OP unravel with the past knowledge that it was likely going to happen was a treat, and the appropriately funny members of the forum pounced on them.

Le Peef speaks for me.

Come on Kunstmuseum!

I definitely don't think Business Trips is the greatest. Great, yes; greatest, no. Shame threads like I'm Disappointed in Everything U2 Has Ever Done, tuf bono respect, Tribute Bands, and Morrissey aren't here - I'd think twice about voting for the Kunstmuseum over them (but I'd still vote Kunstmuseum in the end because, well, Kunstmuseum).

I voted for Kunstmuseum.

But I could see why the other is winning. Its hilarious to watch Interlanders poke fun at someone who was either trolling or just being a pain in the ass. This should be done more often.

The great thing about Kunstmuseum for me is how thoroughly it exposes all of the foibles of Interference, running the gamut from the zealous fandom to the patronizing to the explosive outrage over a harmless internet prank. One could argue that it is the encapsulation of Interference: frivolity dressed up as ultra-seriousness.

As I've said before, at the end of the day, I have made real life jokes about the Business Trips thread. I have pushed my way into being able to go on a business trip to Atlanta (no luck yet). I have referenced it more than possibly any other thread in Interference history both online and off.

Best thread ever.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly makes that Business Trips thread so much better than the Enemy of Art one, or even the Moz one? All three involve a ridiculous premise being vehemently defended in the face of burgeoning ridicule. They appear to be almost the same thread in a lot of ways.

Business Trips had an overarching saga behind it that the others did not. MsMofoGone's other adultery-related thread set the scene for Business Trips beautifully, and that context benefits the thread. As with Fake Edge, there is always a temptation for me to vote with that in mind.

In addition, I just find it more humorous than the others. There's usually dead space in any given Interference thread. You know, serious responses. Business Trips goes off the rails by the bottom of page 1 and just keeps going. It's not even recognizable by the end.

Oh, I can think of one.

Sorry for the interruption, back to boycotting this tournament.

Just one? Oh, you mean shuttle cock. Bah, that was crap too.

I just liked voting against kuntsmuseum. I don't know how anyone believed it, wasn't there to appreciate it when it happened, and don't see anyone (not even the people who were there) really referencing it ever. I'm sure if I was there it joined that particular chat thread contingent with the bulk of you guys I'd think otherwise, but as an outsider it's far too over the top and lame.

The Morrissey and Kunstmuseum threads are my favourites.

Man they're both great, Business trips had hte hilarious batshit insane poster that seemed completely clueless at why people responded this way in her thread... but Kunstmuseum had random people go batshit insane with rage over something SO unrealistic they could've figured out if they had engaged their brain for a split second.

You guys mind making up top 5 lists? I'd like to see if they match up with the actual results at all.

You guys mind making up top 5 lists? I'd like to see if they match up with the actual results at all.

1. Kunstmuseum
2. tuf bono respect
3. I'm Disappointed in Everything U2 Has Ever Done
4. Tribute Bands
5. Morrissey

... though maybe Fake Edge should be on there.

In the event of a tie, we will have a second, 24-hour multiple choice poll that will ask you to vote for the thread(s) you enjoy. You can vote for one or the other or both. This will decide which thread is more generally well liked (as opposed to which thread has the larger cult following), and that consensus would decide the winner.

This is turning into a very fitting finale for the tournament.

(You can do it, Kunstmuseum!)

Back
Top Bottom