In which Lance is told which graphic novels he should be reading

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
So start telling me.

Just starting reading comics and the like for the first time this year... to mixed reactions. I've read Watchmen, of course, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Though I can't say it was transcendent or anything. I've also read The Dark Knight Returns, some of the Marvel Dark Tower comic adaptations, and a few other misc. things here and there in the past.

I've gotten much more enjoyment from the Japanese materials I've read so far though (manga... lulz). Seems to read much more fluidly, and I've pretty much stuck to sci-fi so far, so being a favorite genre of mine it's really been rather compelling.

But where should I go from here?

Eh?

V For Vendetta.

And too bad this thread isn't called "In which Lance is told how much of a bitch he is", because I'd have a lot more to say.

You interested in The Justice League comic Kingdom Come? You should check that shit out, son.

Say hi to your mother for me.

Echoing the others, V for Vendetta, Kingdom Come for sure.

Also, the JLA Identity Crisis is pretty good.

The Death Note manga is rather good, would be a change of pace from sci-fi anyway, to more supernatural drama.

I would pick up the Joker comic that just came out. It's really awesome and in the same vein of The Killing Joke.

On that note, I'd recommend the first collection of Hellblazer, which came out a couple years before Sandman.

Nothing like the movie, either.

How about Marvel's Civil War series? Shit gets real in that one real fast.

Back
Top Bottom