I need some boy names!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So, Mrs. Utoo is preggers with our second, and it's gonna be a little dude. Woo-hoo! :dance: The problem---boy names are damn hard to come up with. You want a strong name, but nothing too wacky. My wife won't let me do Bono or Edge, though I think Edge would make an awesome middle name. :cool: We tend to like some popular names (I like Gavin, but it's uber-popular at the moment), but don't want our kid to be one of three in his class with the same name. Along that line of thought, we're not into Aiden/Hayden/Jaden/Caden/Braden, Mason, Owen, Oliver, Chase, etc.....though those names may be nice in and of themselves, they're super-popular around here and not on our list. ;)

Any suggestions?

I was going to start this thread a while ago, but never got around to it! I need a boys name that goes with William as a middle name. I don't like weird or bogan names, and nothing common like Jack or Connor, and no surnames as first names - like Harrison, etc.

Fussy, I know.. :lol:

Sorry to jump on your name thread, but this is perfect timing for us, too. Congrats to you and yours, Utoo! When is she due? We're due 2nd March.

I need a boys name that goes with William as a middle name

:rockon:

Though my first name is Gary and I've never really been a fan of it. but I do like the idea of G. William Whateveryourlastnameis. Thats a quality gentleman's name

Oh, and Utoo, I dont think much about baby names, but a couple of girlfriends I've had have mentioned Jake as a name they like for a boy.

Daniel is an awesome name.

Make sure you let us know what happens when he's old enough to ask how he got his name and you tell him you asked Interference :lol:

Congrats Steve :yippie:

Boys names we considered were Nate (nickname for Nathan) and.... I can't remember if we had others :scratch:

Wolfgang... I actually have a friend who named their first son this, and I'm really :huh: about it.

Well if she doesn't let you go with Bono or Edge how about Joshua?

Duncan, Max, Charlie, Peter are favorites of mine. Also, Fredo, if you want him to be the weaker son.

Nick and Jake are two of my favorite first names. I also like the nickname Rob but dislike the nickname Bob, so I'm not sure if I'd recommend Robert.

One name I'd definitely avoid: Kyle. It doesn't sound right with anyone over the age of 14. I know from family experience.

We went with James Nicholas Daniel. Pleased everyone in the family and my son loves his name. I am partial to Daniel and William, good strong male names popular throughout decades upon decades. My father was Daniel William. :heart: Congrats to you and the missus.

my boys are Gareth Matthew and Aaron James , i wanted something a little different but not impossible to spell or pronounce and that wont sound ridiculous

Joshua is one of my faves ,

my brother is Brian William
if you cant go with Bono or Edge can you go with a Paul, David, Adam or Laurence ?

Laurence William?

BRUCE!! And if he ever asks why, tell him he will look hot in a pair of jeans when he's 60.

Speaking of boys names, I've found it interesting that Elias has become such a popular name, especially considering it is popular as a mispronunciation. I always heard it as a Spanish name.

Some other names I like:

Micah
Jamal
Tyrone
Ezra
Antwon
Francis
Darien
Darrell
Gabriel
Trey

Congrats! :cute: