I made something - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-14-2015, 02:04 AM   #1
The Fly
 
FlyingColors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Argentina
Posts: 69
Local Time: 10:34 AM
I made something

I don't know of good ways to break the ice so I'm just gonna sit here and keep adding smileys until I build up the courage to talk.



There we go.

On January this year, me and my family went on a family vacation to southern Argentina (for those of you bad at geography, just think of Argentina as a giant rock with a bunch of water around it). One day we hopped on one of those gondolas that take you atop a mountain and we had a good time. I made a video with footage from that day, and I figured I'd share it.

It's called Thy Fearful Symmetry, inspired on a William Blake poem because I'm a huge nerd. It's heavy on psychedelia, so feel free to vape as much weed as you want while you watch it.

__________________

__________________
FlyingColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 08:34 AM
Interesting video. Nice music. A gondola is a boat, so I'm not quite that's what you used to get to the top of the mountain. Coincidently, your video did look like a giant vagina made out of weed.
__________________

__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
The Fly
 
FlyingColors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Argentina
Posts: 69
Local Time: 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Interesting video. Nice music. A gondola is a boat, so I'm not quite that's what you used to get to the top of the mountain. Coincidently, your video did look like a giant vagina made out of weed.
Ah, shit. You got me! It's a gondola lift.

"A giant vagina made out of weed" is going right into the official description.
__________________
FlyingColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:57 AM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 05:34 AM
A gondola lift, as opposed to a cable car, is a type of aerial lift which is supported and propelled by cables from above. It consists of a loop of steel cable that is strung between two stations, sometimes over intermediate supporting towers.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:02 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingColors View Post
Ah, shit. You got me! It's a gondola lift.

"A giant vagina made out of weed" is going right into the official description.
Honestly, I didn't even know there was such as thing as a gondola lift. I just thought of the boat. The video was pretty trippy and I dug the music.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:33 AM   #6
The Fly
 
FlyingColors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Argentina
Posts: 69
Local Time: 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Honestly, I didn't even know there was such as thing as a gondola lift. I just thought of the boat. The video was pretty trippy and I dug the music.
I aim for tripsiness. Trippitude. Trippitiality. A friend made the music specifically for this video, and I think he friggin' nailed it.

Thanks for watching!
__________________
FlyingColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:51 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 08:34 AM
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingColors View Post
I aim for tripsiness. Trippitude. Trippitiality. A friend made the music specifically for this video, and I think he friggin' nailed it.

Thanks for watching!
You're welcome! The music would have fit in perfectly on Passengers.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:37 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,223
Local Time: 07:34 AM
Oh man - pretty neat stuff there! Who needs to get high? Well me, of course. Except that's not what its like for me. Perhaps the beginning of a dream...love floating on the clouds just out of reach....the wings of giant butterflies.

They tickle your sense of smell with fairy dust and potions of pleasure. The sun rays warm right through you and your better on the other side. Everything is up in the air because there's really no reason to stay on the ground anymore.

No more killing or suffering. Just the parting of the winds and the open sky beckons. The shadows tempt each other in the early morning dew.

The giant planets lined up from here to the other side of beyond. Happy is the smoke they gave us. Distant our problems are - if we ever had any - they're long forgotten.
__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:12 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Kieran McConville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Auto Dafoe
Posts: 9,600
Local Time: 11:34 PM
I made a giant mashed potato sculpture of Mrs Garrison.
__________________
Kieran McConville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:36 AM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,011
Local Time: 05:34 AM
"Giant vagina made out of weed" sounds like something GAF would spend 1 of his 3 genie wishes on.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:45 AM   #11
The Fly
 
FlyingColors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Argentina
Posts: 69
Local Time: 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Oh man - pretty neat stuff there! Who needs to get high? Well me, of course. Except that's not what its like for me. Perhaps the beginning of a dream...love floating on the clouds just out of reach....the wings of giant butterflies.

They tickle your sense of smell with fairy dust and potions of pleasure. The sun rays warm right through you and your better on the other side. Everything is up in the air because there's really no reason to stay on the ground anymore.

No more killing or suffering. Just the parting of the winds and the open sky beckons. The shadows tempt each other in the early morning dew.

The giant planets lined up from here to the other side of beyond. Happy is the smoke they gave us. Distant our problems are - if we ever had any - they're long forgotten.
Yeah, but I kinda dig "giant vagina made out of weed" better.
__________________
FlyingColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:24 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,223
Local Time: 07:34 AM
How about a giant penis made of mashed potatoes and filled with gravy for the vagina made of weed?
__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:21 AM   #13
The Fly
 
FlyingColors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Argentina
Posts: 69
Local Time: 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
How about a giant penis made of mashed potatoes and filled with gravy for the vagina made of weed?
Now we're talking.
__________________
FlyingColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:03 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingColors View Post
I don't know of good ways to break the ice so I'm just gonna sit here and keep adding smileys until I build up the courage to talk.







There we go.



On January this year, me and my family went on a family vacation to southern Argentina (for those of you bad at geography, just think of Argentina as a giant rock with a bunch of water around it). One day we hopped on one of those gondolas that take you atop a mountain and we had a good time. I made a video with footage from that day, and I figured I'd share it.



It's called Thy Fearful Symmetry, inspired on a William Blake poem because I'm a huge nerd. It's heavy on psychedelia, so feel free to vape as much weed as you want while you watch it.



__________________
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:43 AM   #15
The Fly
 
FlyingColors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Argentina
Posts: 69
Local Time: 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Well, you made this thread, and it sure turned into...something.
I regret everything.
__________________

__________________
FlyingColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
argentina, psychedelia, symmetry, youtube

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com