I got the best birthday present...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notsomadLisa

The Fly
Although technically it isn't my birthday for another month, my dear husband got me the best birthday present ever.

See, my old car decided that even after less than 60,000 miles on it, and being five years old, it was time to piss me off for the last time and break down. Nothing too major (yet), but knowing my history with used vehicles and mechanical issues, it was the start of a slippery slope. The last used car I had started off with very similar issues - timing belt, then water pump, then timing chain, radiator, then engine. This time it was the timing belt - to start.

So we went off looking for a new vehicle. And I finally got the car I've been wanting since I was in high school. Of course, I didn't want a 1998, so I got the current model.

A 2012 Subaru Impreza WRX. One of only three left in the state it seemed, and if I didn't get it then, it would have been a 12-16 week wait for another since they seem to be in short supply.

I'm so happy, even though I just KNOW I'm asking for a speeding ticket sometime soon. I was unaware coming back from my friends place today that I was cruising at 85mph - in a 65 zone. Damn thing is deceptively fast, and quiet, even with the turbo.

And the first thing I did when I got it home? Put a sticker on the back. You'd be familiar with the sticker - it's the face from the zooropa album :). And now, I'm thinking of what obscure U2 reference I can have as my license plate. 7 characters or less.

I need help figuring out what to do ;)

Cool. Have fun with your new car. :D Here's the back of my car, maybe to help give you ideas.

in2thehrt.jpg

What an incredibly magnificent birthday gift! I could use a new car. I want a Ford Edge! As for a U2 license plate idea google them as I recall seeing a list somewhere on the interwebz where some cool U2 fan put together a list. Maybe it was @ U2 ?

Back
Top Bottom