I doubt Ryanair is the official airline for U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it looks ok to me. At least I hope so... I'm flying with them in 5 weeks:uhoh:

Ah, yes you're right:lol: Not only that I will have fear of wing falling apart but I will be also paying for my height:tsk:

yeah I did. Actually it was very shaky during the take off from Dublin...for a second I really had the feeling that everything is gonna fall apart...

Isn't RyanAir the airline that is going to charge to use the bathroom or carry on bags or something?

the bathroom thing won't happen. and the bags are spirit airlines in the usa.

the real criminals are the bullshit artists like us airways, american etc. claiming to be a full service airline and charging you to dare to breathe. and a smile? that'll cost you extra too.

ps what's wrong with that takeoff anyway?

I work for US Air, but I think that these things that people are charged for are stupid.

I think they are stupid too, but then I get so annoyed by the amount of crap people haul with them onto planes and try to stuff in the overhead bins and/or under seats so I'm all for doing something about charging somehow for that kind of baggage to help alleviate the carry on situation. I don't care about buying food online or being allowed to bring my own food on-board for a flight. I do draw the line at any charge to use a toilet while in flight though. I also think it's stupid to charge passengers to watch a movie or for on flight entertainment. Most of those tiny headset screens and the sound systems are shabby anyway so why pay for that? I mostly fly internationally though, so food, baggage and entertainment is all included in my flights. :D

I think they are stupid too, but then I get so annoyed by the amount of crap people haul with them onto planes and try to stuff in the overhead bins and/or under seats so I'm all for doing something about charging somehow for that kind of baggage to help alleviate the carry on situation.

uh, that's largely because airlines are charging people to check their bags. you see, when people aren't going to pay upwards of $15 to check a bag, the stuff they need to bring with them has to go somewhere.

I'm with Karen on this one. When airlines started charging to ship bags, people brought god-awful big bags as carry-ons; and no one ever enforced that "your bag must fit in this space to carry on." Boarding and de-planing took for-freaking-ever because of all the shite people had to get into/out of the overhead bins. Yeah, it's gotta go somewhere, so they can bloody well ship it!

Duh! I am well aware of that regarding the baggage charges. I'm referring to what I've witnessed which is people who have a rolling bag (suitcase) they stuff in the overhead and they also have the laptop or "carry on" bag and large purse and extra bags for people with small children or items purchased in the airport shops or Duty Free.....that doesn't include the outerwear like coats, jackets, sweatshirts that people peel off and shove wherever they can find space. THAT is what I was referring to.....there's only so much room for stowing belongings ON a plane.

I am a good traveler and usually try to keep my carry on to a minimum one bag that fits under the seat in front of me or in the overhead (thus allowing me with long legs more leg/foot room). It pisses me off when someone asks if they can store something under the seat in front of me when they've already shoved things in the overhead and floorspace under the seat in front of themself.

Comments, anyone?

I'm with Karen on this one. When airlines started charging to ship bags, people brought god-awful big bags as carry-ons; and no one ever enforced that "your bag must fit in this space to carry on." Boarding and de-planing took for-freaking-ever because of all the shite people had to get into/out of the overhead bins. Yeah, it's gotta go somewhere, so they can bloody well ship it!

Exactly :up:

that was my point?

You are ALLOWED to have those laptop bags and back-packs, Carek. The outerwear has always been over-head "if space permits" as far as I know, and otherwise, I think you're meant to just wear it behind you on the seat.

My problem with carry-on is the people who flat out ignore the over-head bin rules. The backpack/laptopbag/purse is to be stowed under the seat in front of you. The people who shove all of their shit in the overhead should have to pay for that.

i think there should be a special place in hell for people, who when there is ample bin space above their seat, instead decide to leave their bag wherever the hell they like. meaning when i finally get to my row i then have to turn around again and go against the flow to find somewhere for my bag...which in turn probably fucks with someone else.

i also shake my head at the people who have clearly never understood how to make use of space in their life. don't just throw your bag in there, how about pack it in carefully and at the right angle to best make use of the space there? half of the storage problems would go away if people were forced to complete six levels of tetris before purchasing their ticket.

the whole problem stems from the excessive charge for checked bags. flying in new zealand and australia i've never in my life seen problems finding space (plus people understand the things i've said above so that doesn't become an issue), and even with a new charge for checked bags on domestic flights i still haven't seen it become a problem. maybe because it's cheaper here. that and people smile. honestly, the difference between flying around here and then in the usa is like night and day - it goes from almost everything being a pleasure to an utter misery.

oh, and the horns in the second video are a big in your face promotion promoting (there's got to be a better way to say that...) ryanair's on time percentage, which is well, well above supposedly more reputable airlines.

/pms

I dont travel enough to be annoyed at all this, however good point about putting your bag in the over head properly. Just turning it to the side instead of throwing it in any which way can leave room for at least one more bag and save time for the attendants to have to re-arrange it to make room for more bags.

i love flying, but i hate all my fellow travellers on the plane because they're idiots. people will pack everything else in the world but leave their common sense at home.

and ryanair is the official airline for u2 because of nloth. since sales didn't meet expectations, they've had to downgrade. :depressed:

Back
Top Bottom