Hurricane Gustav :yikes:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sue4u2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hurricane Gustav

:yikes:We won't really know where it's going until it gets in the Gulf of Mexico, but it's a formidable storm. I'll go out late tonight to get some supplies, but I'm not getting groceries since I lost so much (freezer) during Katrina.
My car is full of gas and I've made arrangements to head out of town tomorrow if it looks like it will come towards Mobile. We're under the gun untilll further notice.

That's really scary Sue.. I hope you don't have to evacuate. I cant even imagine.

Best of luck to you and your family. Gustav will be a hell of alot more destructive than Fay, which hit my part of town a week or so ago. Gustav even sounds like one of those mustache-twirling villains trying to fuck shit up on the railroad tracks.

They are evacuating New Orleans now. I wonder if they'll use the Superdome as a shelter again? The Saints are supposed to play there next Sunday.

I believe I've heard them state they will not use it again because of how poorly that went during Katrina.

They are evacuating New Orleans now. I wonder if they'll use the Superdome as a shelter again? The Saints are supposed to play there next Sunday.

No they won't. They have pick up sites in New Orleans and around the state of Louisiana and will take people to .. God knows where at this point. Every hotel, motel and room in Louisana, Mississippi, (Mobile and north) is taken.

The CEO of the company I work for was trying to find a hotel for the people who came in thursday for a company meeting. She had to invite them to stay at her house, because they couldn't find any rooms for them.
That was yesterday(Fri).

If it stays at a category 3 or more, this city, Mobile, will go under a mandatory evacuation.

i've been watching the coverage here on cnn in the netherlands. praying for y'all in louisiana. stay safe :hug:

they are saying it will probably gather strength and hit as cat 4. not good for the folks on the gulf..

also, just saw a news conference with mayor Nagin of NO and he said on no uncertain terms that any looters caught GO DIRECTLY TO ANGOLA PRISON no city jail and no free passes. They have at least double if not more of a police force and national guard. So they aint f**king around.. :up:

Andrew sucked. I wouldn't recommend riding out a storm over a category 3 to be quite honest. Our doors were blowing in during Andrew and my dad had to nail a piece of plywood over the door and moved all the couches in front of it to hold it all in right in the middle of the storm. And the eye was over 20 miles away from my house!

Good luck!

Got all my outdoor stuff inside. Filled up my car and stocked up on ice. It wasn't nearly as busy at the grocery as I thought it would be.
Hopefully it won't strengthen any more. I'm staying here with my kitties if it doesn't get any stronger.
Even if I leave, I have battery lights for them in case the power goes off.
Now we wait, and watch. :shifty:
The clouds are moving in and the sun is in and out. Breezy but not real windy, yet.

This is why I couldn't live in Florida or anywhere else where hurricanes hit :huh:

Everyone stay safe :hug:

Back
Top Bottom