Hurricaine Sandy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The surge is now over 10 feet in Battery Park. That is not good.

Oh and I think this pic is photoshopped as well.

210gmde.jpg

Wind is at its strongest right now here. Took the dog out a little while ago and thought she might fly away. Went down to the beach around 1:30 or so, waves were spectacular, but glad my house isn't right on the beach, lots of potential for damage to those homes.

Still have power thankfully, according to the weather dudes winds should start to subside here around 9PM, so a few more hours and some improvement will start. Not a ton of rain.

Love the Statue of Liberty pics.

Looks like the merging of storm and front has finally happened... its a post tropical storm now. Not a hurricane but still with 90 mile per hour winds... ad the "eye" now looks like it stretches from south jersey all the way up to NYC.

Transformers are starting to pop... hopefully the power stays on. Sirens are all over the place now. Getting spooky.

ABC news said a building collapsed in Manhattan but they lost the satellite link with Chris Cuomo before he could report the details.

EDIT: It was apparently just one face of a building.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Much of Lower Manhattan now without power.

Any flooding? My brother lives at liberty and broadway. I imagine that's far enough from the water

Just heard back from my brother. Just lost power half an hour ago, but has plenty of water and beer

Hewson said:
Wind is at its strongest right now here. Took the dog out a little while ago and thought she might fly away. Went down to the beach around 1:30 or so, waves were spectacular, but glad my house isn't right on the beach, lots of potential for damage to those homes.

Still have power thankfully, according to the weather dudes winds should start to subside here around 9PM, so a few more hours and some improvement will start. Not a ton of rain.

Love the Statue of Liberty pics.

The dogs were freaking out. My housemate's dog is pretty chill normally, and she's snoozing on the couch, but we've got a friend's dog staying over here while she's at work, and he went outside for a few minutes, barked at the sky, went back inside and shit on the floor. Poor bastard. He's generally rather anxious in places that aren't his home without storms and stuff going on. We've had some good gusts of wind that were moreso than usual, off and on rain all day, but so far nothing here even remotely interesting.

Back
Top Bottom