Hurricaine Sandy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is why I'm on this forum, for ideas like this. Good call. Might head out on foot tomorrow before the winds start howling.

Better get going. You're further south than I and the winds have begun here.

PhilsFan said:
It's about three hours and no one is really leaving. Plus, my family lives outside of Philadelphia, which is also directly in the path.

The only other thing I can think of is if you can get to any store that sells those really cheap prepaid phones. Of course it will be tricky to find a store that's open. But drug stores and some convenience stores sell them, even some grocery stores. If you can get one and a top up card that you can use to activate the phone without a computer ( you can usually call to activate them without a computer ) at least you'd have a phone.

Just trying to think of ways to help. Even if it takes you a few days to be able to get one it would probably be worth it.

I'm getting ready to go to bed. I'm feeling anxious, but dealing with it by kind of detaching myself from what's going on. I mean, I'm completely aware of what is happening - the winds are getting louder and Sandy won't land until 24 hours from now. I'm imagining the worst, but hoping for the best.

If I have any power tomorrow, I'll poke in here from time to time.

I didn't think I would sleep through the night. When Irene hit, I woke up a few times because the wind and rain was loud. But I slept soundly last night.

So far, it looks like any other rain storm, just with a lot of wind.

I didn't sleep at all. On my phone only because I still have power and can plug it in.

Bad wind here and the worst part hasn't even hit yet. A local weather guy just said that Atlantic City is under water. I'm afraid to even turn on CNN.

On a much lighter note, this really brings out the worst in local TV people, when they have to be off prompter and fill all this time. One guy literally just talked about wiggle room in his pants.

Some areas where I live that usually get little flooding are almost rivers now.

This photo is apparently real. And yes, they are standing guard round the clock

377457_10151202408468236_1645987525_n.jpg

God bless them, but God protect them!

Hurricane hits Florida: Prep for disaster and clean up the mess afterwards. Nobody outside of the direct area gives a shit.

Hurricane hits northeast: Inadequate preparation and a freakout overreaction. President abandons speech at UCF over storm. All I'm saying is... I want a makeup speech from Obama when the next hurricane runs through here. Abandon whatever you were doing and fly out to Florida for our storms.

Because Florida hurricanes totally effect as many people as the entire northeast.

F*ck!

Well, at least no one is outside during this.

It's part of their jobs and they always do this :shrug:

Not that I think they should be there, but newscasters think it makes for good TV.

I get that, but it would be best to get it down right away than risk endangering others and massive lawsuits if it comes crashing down. Better safe than sorry.

2 hours until the eye of the storm, and then the shit continues...

It wasn't possible. That's the point. It would take too long.

It took 3 days to take down the U2 360 stage... how long ya think it takes to get it down from 90 stories up?

I just hope bono's okay

It was a valid question given the circumstances. I just hope it doesn't fall and no one gets hurt.

Hmm, doesn't one of Bono's daughters live in New York? I hope she's OK, if that counts!

Cranes are let on "free gear" when high winds come, so they turn in direction of the wind, gusty winds can take a crane down tho, just shows how much force wind has there atm

I know a ton of people with South Jersey shore houses who are in danger of their places getting destroyed.

Still a lot of rain but not much wind in State College. Classes are canceled.

Hewson said:
It just hasn't been the same since Shelby Scott retired.

I had channel 4 on and Jack Williams talked about her, that she was phased out at channel 4. That was pretty jaw dropping. They said she lives in Arizona now.

For anyone saying this is being "overblown " -I'm in MA, hundreds of miles away. And we have lots of trees down, trees onto homes causing fires, and severe coastal issues. I can't imagine New Jersey and New York. DC and more. It's no kind of contest between Florida and the East Coast. People are suffering. So I would think that could be dropped and maybe just wish us the best.

The wind right now where I live is the worst it's been all day and has been like that for hours. 8 or more hours left of it, depending upon which forecast you watch. And I live near the NH border

Boston has higher winds than DC at the moment, because of a pressure gradient (according to local news).

Back
Top Bottom