Hurricaine Sandy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get e-mails from the Humane Society US. I just started reading one about their work rescuing animals after Sandy and it's so heartbreaking. I can't even watch those HS commercials. I know that people come first but I also know how much I loved my dog and that I never could have dealt with having to leave her, in a situation like that. Couldn't have done it, but some people have to because the shelters won't allow animals. Pets are family members too, for most pet owners.

HSUS and groups like them- they do great work.

Well that's what some people say. If I still had my dog I'd refuse to leave her. I don't put a hierarchy on it, I'm an animal lover and honestly find it difficult to love many people.

Hopefully pets will be reunited with their owners. I did see one guy on tv the day after who was looking for the remains of his five pets. It was too painful to watch.

I get e-mails from the Humane Society US. I just started reading one about their work rescuing animals after Sandy and it's so heartbreaking. I can't even watch those HS commercials. I know that people come first but I also know how much I loved my dog and that I never could have dealt with having to leave her, in a situation like that. Couldn't have done it, but some people have to because the shelters won't allow animals. Pets are family members too, for most pet owners.

HSUS and groups like them- they do great work.

HSUS is way too politically motivated for me. There are other organizations that won't take your money and use it for huge salaries and their political agendas.

I think after how many dogs were homeless after Katrina people have wised up. This time it looked like most shelters were allowing pets.

People have asked me if I'd leave my dogs but luckily it's not a choice I have to make. My van is already equipped with 3-4 dog kennels, all of my dog training equipment, food, jugs of water, additional dog bedding, and supplies for me like all my outdoor gear, 16" boots, etc. My dogs already come with me everywhere I go so if I had to evacuate my home it would be no different.

HSUS is way too politically motivated for me. There are other organizations that won't take your money and use it for huge salaries and their political agendas.

I think after how many dogs were homeless after Katrina people have wised up. This time it looked like most shelters were allowing pets.

People have asked me if I'd leave my dogs but luckily it's not a choice I have to make. My van is already equipped with 3-4 dog kennels, all of my dog training equipment, food, jugs of water, additional dog bedding, and supplies for me like all my outdoor gear, 16" boots, etc. My dogs already come with me everywhere I go so if I had to evacuate my home it would be no different.

I don't have a giant van for this but I agree with you. I always have a back up animal carrier in my garage. In the case of an emergency all of my pets would come with me.

Well I think HSUS brings awareness to situations like this. When I donate I give to local shelters. Some local shelters went to help after Katrina and I assume they are now.

I hope for the best for the storm today and everyone who is still dealing with Sandy aftermath. Must make it even worse for them.

I don't have a giant van for this but I agree with you. I always have a back up animal carrier in my garage. In the case of an emergency all of my pets would come with me.

Well the van is not giant, it is actually smaller than the mid-sized sedan it replaced, but yeah it's good to be prepared.

Mrs. S (or anyone looking for an animal welfare og), I hear from a source I trust that this org is more legit than ASPCA and HSUS:
American Humane Association | Home

Back
Top Bottom