Hurricaine Sandy - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #211
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7
Don't you worry though, Barack has the ability to put those fires out with the snap of his fingers right as they start!

Get over yourself.
You are such a putz.

Get over myself? You're the one complaining that the president of the united states decided that a natural disaster was more important than a speech you were supposed to attend.

I man really... forget about the idea that Obama is a husband with a wife and kids potentially in the path of the storm... let's forget that. He's the freaking president, for fucks sake. He should be in the seat of government ready to make a decision if and when any emergencies take place, not giving a god damned campaign speech to a bunch of college kids.

Your reasoning is some of the stupidest shit I have ever read. "Duuuuuh he doesn't go to Florida when there's a storm here, why should he go to Washington when there's a storm there?". If the fucking white house was in Florida, he'd be there right now. You could go wave at him through his window.

Why am I even arguing with you?

Old 10-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #212
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:28 PM
Power went out at around 9pm. Woke up to the calm with power back.

I live on Staten Island and where I live there is no flooding, at least on my street. But I'm sure there are places that are severely flooded because they're low lying areas near the beach.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

A 700 ton tanker washed ashore on the northeast side of Staten Island - just make it clear how crazy this storm was.

Here's proof: http://gothamist.com/2012/10/30/phot...lls_tanker.php
Old 10-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #214
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
You are such a putz.

Get over myself? You're the one complaining that the president of the united states decided that a natural disaster was more important than a speech you were supposed to attend.

I man really... forget about the idea that Obama is a husband with a wife and kids potentially in the path of the storm... let's forget that. He's the freaking president, for fucks sake. He should be in the seat of government ready to make a decision if and when any emergencies take place, not giving a god damned campaign speech to a bunch of college kids.

Your reasoning is some of the stupidest shit I have ever read. "Duuuuuh he doesn't go to Florida when there's a storm here, why should he go to Washington when there's a storm there?". If the fucking white house was in Florida, he'd be there right now. You could go wave at him through his window.

i think he's just upset that new york city is actually a big deal and he lives in a swamp. children are silly like that.

speaking of...LM's silly nostalgia thread prompted me to find a picture from when i was a child of LN7's age. i figured i'd post it here, since you're probably one of what, 2 people still around who may even vaguely remember it?

now why wasn't bruuuucezilla putting out those queens fires and installing industrial sump pumps on the floors of the stock exchange? what a slacker. i bet that bastard kept his speaking engagement at the university of bumfuck ohio (southwestern campus).
Old 10-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram
My basement in Toronto has an inch of water in it right now. Lovely.

Better yet we are house hunting and supposed to see a house that backs onto a river tomorrow.
I would rule that house out immediately. ~ captain obvious. Glad to know you are there and not in NYC during this.

Can't believe I never lost power. It almost went several times but never for good. I have never been so grateful in my entire life to see the sun. So warm today too. Lots of branches down and road debris. It started pouring again with the high gusty winds overnight.

It's heartbreaking to see what happened in NYC and elsewhere. Glad that people here seem to have made it through. Hopefully Irvine will check in at some point.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #216
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Good question.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

Come on, please.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #218
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Good question.
Just get the fuck out of here you waste of space. No one wants to hear from you. People are dead and you want to keep on with the same childish baiting you always post.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Ummm, OK...

Anyway, back the hurricane aftermath. The sun did briefly peek out so that was great. School is likely closed tomorrow. I work in downtown Manhattan and that place is flooded with no power. So, I won't be going in tomorrow that's for sure - unless a quick clean up takes place and the power comes back quickly.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #220
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212

Just get the fuck out of here you waste of space. No one wants to hear from you. People are dead and you want to keep on with the same childish baiting you always post.
Hahahaha. OK, that was a little strong. Thankfully, the mods will respond to this as if their power was out too.

Looks like most MD folks never lost power or have it back on after a relatively short duration (like my parents, who I think had it out for 12 hours). As far north as Richmond, nothing really happened. I pray our members from NY and CT are OK though, they got fucked pretty good by this one.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #221
Blue Crack Distributor

Look, it's one thing for him to bait and argue in the sports threads, but this is ridiculous. He just can't seem to understand how to be a decent person and just stay out of the frigging thread instead of doing the same crap he does in every other thread he posts in.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:58 AM
Sheesh, don't you KNOW that Florida has hurricanes like ten times worse than Sandy every day?? He's totally in the right to be a dick, because of his experiences.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Look, it's one thing for him to bait and argue in the sports threads, but this is ridiculous. He just can't seem to understand how to be a decent person and just stay out of the frigging thread instead of doing the same crap he does in every other thread he posts in.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #224
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk
Sheesh, don't you KNOW that Florida has hurricanes like ten times worse than Sandy every day?? He's totally in the right to be a dick, because of his experiences.
7 is from circumstances.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #225
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Guys, come on! By not ignoring him, you are adding to the problem. He's not going to wake up and stop being childish or ignorant or whatever because of what you've said - that's up to him alone to figure out. So, stop wasting your time and stop ruining this thread. Don't make his problem yours.

Getting back on track, the National Guard is in Little Ferry, NJ and they're carrying people out of their homes, young and old. Very sad sight to see.