How will you get the money for tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Save money in advance.:up:
I'm a student and at the month my balance = 0, though I never lavish money. So I wasn't able to save money in advance.

Sell a kidney or something.

:wink:

I have some tax money due back and i tiny bit i inherited off my Mum when she died. That should hep with most of the airfare/hotels. `my credit card is already high so that's a good thing. My tickets will have to go on credit card though. :uhoh:

I'm flying Southwest (Greyhound bus of the sky!) to one Chicago show, and staying with a sorority sister instead of getting a hotel. She's a U2 fan as well, so I'll be riding/hanging with her and our other homegirls, which will eliminate my need for a rental car :up:.

Save money in advance.:up:
I'm a student and at the month my balance = 0, though I never lavish money. So I wasn't able to save money in advance.

I feel your pain :hug:. I once dropped down a cool 150 bucks for an Econ book when I was a Junior. After books, gas, rent, personal items, I was very......well, let's just say Ramen noodles and bologna became my best friends :up:

there will be no traveling this tour... new york or nothing. also will perhaps sell a toe or two if more shows go on sale.

i love 'em and all, and would love to see 'em as often as i could... but there's this thing in my life called priorities, and being able to afford rent and food without sinking further into debt is higher on my priority list than flying to chicago to see the tour debut.

there will be no traveling this tour... new york or nothing. also will perhaps sell a toe or two if more shows go on sale.

i love 'em and all, and would love to see 'em as often as i could... but there's this thing in my life called priorities, and being able to afford rent and food without sinking further into debt is higher on my priority list than flying to chicago to see the tour debut.

I'll be trying for Chicago if I have any extra money. It was looking good a few weeks ago. Now, not so much. I'm just barely able to afford one GA for Foxboro.

I could always whore myself out to a rich guy. :shrug:

I'm going to work, work, work to pay off my credit cards after I buy the tickets.

Change New York to LA and this pretty much sums it up for me

I'll be selling my soul and eating from a can :crack:

:up: This sums it up for me. Here I sit unemployed, doing online coursework in hopes of making a career change. The tax return is partially spent and partially sitting in my bank account. That was to cover Pre-Sale for Vegas tickets. Glad I made a last minute decision to renew the U2.com sub! BUT....I'm now in a quandry. I've an offer of a place to stay and ticket to a Croke Park show. All I need is airfare. Why the hell do we have to pay for the flight at the time we book it?!!! :rant: I know I'll figure it out cuz it'll work out if it's meant to be....but this is a die hard U2 fan's dream to see the boys in their home town!!!!! It's on my "Bucket List"!

So I'm making a list of how I can come up with money and it includes what many others have mentioned....selling stuff on eBay, selling a ring, hosting a yard sale (which gets rid of a bunch of junk so that's like killing 2 birds with one stone!) working a piddly PT job just for U2 spending, doing some Temp work (Waiting till after July to find a real job since I should have Unemployment thru then), checking out those companies that pay for you to participate on forums (I made $200 tax free cash doing this), begging, borrowing and maybe even stealing to come up with what I need!

My priority is to see U2 in Dublin, so I hope I'm not forced to resort to selling or "trading" my Pre Sale code or tickets!! If I never see U2 live again after this tour, I would die a happy U2 fan having seen them in Dublin. :heart:

Anyway, that's how I feel about this dilemma today. :hmm:

I am not going extravagant on this tour like i did on Vertigo because I am going to be moving from Arizona to Wash DC metro in fall sometime to start a full time govt job and have to watch my money.

I am saving by staying at friends places and using my flying benefits through my dads airlines. (Once i start working, i lose my flight benefits. :( ) Will maybe share a hotel/motel if i have to. I think i'm hitting between 3-5 shows this time around. Not 18 like last time. :lol:

i am not going extravagant on this tour like i did on vertigo because i am going to be moving from arizona to wash dc metro in fall sometime to start a full time govt job and have to watch my money.

I am saving by staying at friends places and using my flying benefits through my dads airlines. (once i start working, i lose my flight benefits. :( ) will maybe share a hotel/motel if i have to. I think i'm hitting between 3-5 shows this time around. Not 18 like last time. :lol:

18!!!!!!!

I make reminder phone calls for a chiropractor (is that how you spell that???). He pays me $100 / month. I've been doing it since Feb '08 specifically for the tour so now I have $1300 to spend!

trade you a cup o noodles?

:wink:

noway.gif

I make reminder phone calls for a chiropractor (is that how you spell that???). He pays me $100 / month. I've been doing it since Feb '08 specifically for the tour so now I have $1300 to spend!

How can I get in on this :hyper: :sexywink:

I did consider becoming a high-priced call girl, but I am settling for a combination of presents and just eating even more cheaply (vegetarian time folks, also i switched from CANNED beans to DRY beans which are even cheaper...that's right canned beans are out of my budget) and drinking less/pregaming at home more. Plus advanced planning to save on train ticket prices.

Back
Top Bottom