How will you get the money for tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
I know most of us are going to find trouble in getting money to purchase tickets, airfare and accommodations for the upcoming tour...so what are you going to do to get that cash?

I will probably go through my garage and find stuff to sell on eBay.
:lol:

Also, I was going to attend Coachella, Prince this month and other sporting events, but this tour will be amazing and so will the gatherings....so I am cancelling these.

Ideas...suggestions?

I'm not buying any tickets except the ones for shows where I live - seems simple enough. Incurring travel expenses/accommodations is where I draw the line.

If I have $ for travel, I do that outside of, and unrelated to, U2. You just have to prioritize sometimes.

I don't think that seeing a bunch of shows is worth getting into debt over, but I know that there are plenty of people who would disagree. To each his own. :shrug:

Last tour I mostly did GA, never flew for shows, and only got a hotel room if it was with a bunch of others, so the costs weren't much more than the usual weekend dinner, drinks, and movies with friends. Plus the shows were pretty spaced out if I needed to save.

This time, so far we are only planning to see one show. It's a 3 hour drive so not bad at all, and Phil's aunt and uncle live in downtown Chicago just blocks from Soldier Field. As far as the tickets, Phil is getting some money back from his job b/c he waived health benefits since he's already covered by me. He's getting like $1000 back next month, but we only need 2 GA tickets so again, no biggy. I'm trying to buy 4 GA tickets in case any friends or relatives need them. If not I will have no problem selling them around here for face value.

I was planning to go to Boston with a friend, mainly b/c she said it was the best place to see U2 and I've never been there, but since the tour is stadiums we're not going. I wasn't really sure how I was going to pay for that. Probably since I've flown to East Africa and back, and then Hawaii and back for our honeymoon I should have lots of NWA miles. We're going to Chicago instead so it doesn't matter.

If I need to I can take on another web design project or two. I've turned many away but now my slate is almost clear.

lol

Lies, Boston would probably be a great place to see the band, I agree.

With selling the extra tickets I get, I will probably only select those that I actually "know" as regulars here. I would not want to offer these to someone that barely posts.

Work + work + work + cutting back on everything else + staying with friends + splitting hotel rooms with friends + charm(as April said :flirt:

Maybe we should all pull our pennies together and buy some lottery or powerball tickets. Just think if we all won and claimed the prize, and the stories we could tell :hmm:

I'm going to stop ignoring those calls on Saturday and Sunday mornings from work asking me to cover people's sicknesses/absences/etc.. :wink:

And, well, it also helps that my boyfriend payed for our Dublin tickets and I'm staying at his house. :shifty:

I got a little money back from my tax return and have it tucked away in my savings account.

Since I work in a field that is constantly understaffed - overtime

Last tour I'd pull up to five 12 hour shifts in a week for a couple of months and that would be it. I'd have no life - but I'd have a load of money to take with me.

maybe, we should do a Blue crack Car Wash?
16171.jpg

no?

i'll only go to cities i can easily drive to and just keep expenses down. :shrug: if i can only make one show or something as a result, oh well.

exactly. spend within our means. if we can't afford tickets and related stuff, don't go.

given i'll be selling a lot of my stuff at the end of this year to clear up space and get some cashflow before i move overseas, it's not like i'll be finding spare cash to go everywhere.

plus i'd rather go to just a couple of shows than 30 and then start complaining about the fact that the setlists are similar, stage moves are a bit choreographed etc.

Back
Top Bottom