How much does the new Facebook suck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They still give you the option of using the old Facebook. So I just do that.

But, yeah, the new version sucks.

If I ever logged in I would know about this. What kind of changes?

I don't know how to explain it, but it's just SO different. It feels a lot messier and less clean. If that makes any sense. And there's all these annoying yellow pop-up help icons.

But, like I said, it doesn't matter because you can just use the old format.

I've been holding on to the old version like grim death... I hear the end is coming though...

rip old Facebook :(

I think the option to keep the old version will be permanent. They'd get too many complaints if they forced everyone to use the new one.

Also, good use of grim death. :up: I seem to recall a funny exchange between Jerry and Uncle Leo involving the use of "grim death"

I don't know how to explain it, but it's just SO different. It feels a lot messier and less clean. If that makes any sense. And there's all these annoying yellow pop-up help icons.

But, like I said, it doesn't matter because you can just use the old format.

hmm. I might have to log in this weekend and check this out. I hope you can keep the old format.. it's not too bad.

I will be honest, though, I liked it when Facebook was only used by college students.

Now there's all these old people on there. That's just not cool.

Hmmmm that is really strange though, BoMac. It should be there in the upper right-hand corner. It is for me.

I think the option to keep the old version will be permanent. They'd get too many complaints if they forced everyone to use the new one.

Nope, unfortunately that's not the case. :killintheface: Everyone has to have the new version. I joined a "the new Facebook sucks" group a while back, but obviously that's not done any good. :angry:

Mine switched over to the new look yesterday, and there's no way of changing back. :sigh: :madwife: etc. I hate it!! I sent them a nasty complaint thru the "give us feedback on the new look" thing at the top, and they sent me this form email back saying thanks for your comment, yadda yadda.

Yeah, man. :ohmy: is right. Facebook is fucking crazy. I would guess that probably 80 to 90% of American undergraduate college students are registered on Facebook. I'm no good at math, but that's gotta be a huge number. And it doesn't even count everyone else.

Nope, unfortunately that's not the case. :killintheface: Everyone has to have the new version. I joined a "the new Facebook sucks" group a while back, but obviously that's not done any good. :angry:

Mine switched over to the new look yesterday, and there's no way of changing back. :sigh: :madwife: etc. I hate it!!

Hmmm that's weird that certain people can still use the old one. I wonder why that is. Maybe I'm just a preferred customer and they're going to let me stick with the old version!

Last edited:
Anyway, I joined the group, "Please bring back the old Facebook. The new version is a disaster." There's currently 205,000 members.:up:

Someone (I think from here or only separated by 1 degree) sent me an invite to the group "New facebook is awesome quit your whining you douchebags"

True story. :angry:

EDIT: got the name slightly off, but same idea: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=26649592829

Back
Top Bottom