How much does the new Facebook suck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know what they were trying to do: give people an option to not be forced to look at all of a user's stupid applications everytime you want to visit their page. But there's got to be a better way to do it than they did.

I despise the new Facebook. They molded the Wall and Mini-Feed features into one, which is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

I do think it has improved on some things: it's a good idea to add some of those things to the bottom bar on the left side.

They really fucked up the Wall and homepage features.

My network is officially stuck with the new, I'd been using the old as long as it was available but no longer. All they're doing is opening up social-networking to the competition again, MySpace ruled before FB bettered them, and now by trashing their user interface, some new site will show up and take over.

Over the past three years they've slowly been ruining FB. First by getting rid of the exclusivity of college networks and letting any creep or weirdo show up, then by opening it up to disgusting ads that are based on information from your profiles, then by adding the Stalker Feed and making it permanent, not to mention the overload of applications. It used to be simple and effective, and user friendly. Someone ought to make a site like FB used to be...

First by getting rid of the exclusivity of college networks and letting any creep or weirdo show up...

:( That's not fair. Just because I've been out of college since 1995, I have to be stuck with the shithole of MySpace if I want to be on a social networking site?

I agree with the rest of your complaints, though.

i've not really tried the new facebook since i've still had the old as an option. but re: hiding people's apps on their page (because believe me, there's a few people i'm friends with who only seem to have joined for the apps, they have a ton), i found a way ages ago. you can collapse or expand applications now, and once you collapse the app, it stays that way unless you click to expand it. so if you don't want to see the "what eye colour are you" app, it'll be hidden on everyone's. so basically, everyone's profiles are very small now :)

and i do wish facebook was still somewhat exclusive. it'd be lame to only have college students on there, but i wish it'd be for only employees and college students, instead of everyone.

WTF did i miss something? i hadn't logged on in awhile, and i never clicked on that "try out the new facebook" link. now my facebook has completely transformed and i don't see an option to get it back.

fuck them. :mad:

They're currently eliminating the option to choose between old and new, for those still unaware.

I don't spend enough time on Facebook to honestly care that much, but the new one isn't an improvement.

Back
Top Bottom